It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials searching for missing house in Klamath Falls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I know it sounds a little strange but...maybe it was eaten by squirrels, they will eat anything. Or goats, forest goats. Do those types of animals exist there?

Thanks for the strange story.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I know it sounds a little strange but...maybe it was eaten by squirrels, they will eat anything. Or goats, forest goats. Do those types of animals exist there?

Thanks for the strange story.

I have seen some crazy explanations here on ATS but eaten by squirrels is definatley up there.

that and goats, forest goats that is

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Somewhere downstream a family of beavers are enjoying a Sunday bbq on their shiny new front deck... whilst grandma beaver slaps together a mouth-watering batch of her signature tater salad in their new gourmet kitchen.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: rickymouse
You could back a trailer right under that house and cut the posts to leave it down. It probably has new siding and roofing on it now and an addition built on to disguise it.

Why would someone build a house that is so easy to steal?

It's not that easy even with a bed lower than its existing height unless the flatbed had nice rollers because sooner or later it will pitch forward after removing the posts. It would be a process to prep and remove let alone leave the area unawares.

I bet my fifteen ton triaxle equipment trailer would roll right under that with about four inches to spare. I could use my two commercial car jacks to hold it up while I cut the legs and then leave the front down on to 4x4 runners on the trailer, then do the same in the back. The plumbing would need to be cut off first with a cordless sawsall.

That would be an easy job, taking about two hours max for three people. I worked construction most of my working career, that would not be hard.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn

How the heck do you rip off a house?

I'm so sorry, but I just couldn't resist

edit on 2/26/2015 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

I knew it was the Amish all along. LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
How come this is in skunkworks? Is that news channel fake?

I can see this happening alot in the future, with all those "mico" houses becoming so popular.

because who steals a house? and I could not find a forum for stolen houses.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sorry to ruin a fun thread, but the house has been found.

A 1/2 mile from its original location.

No I am not kidding.

UPDATE: Missing home in Klamath County has been found

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
1/2 a mile in Klamath County can be some intense wilderness - depends on which 1/2 mile. Out by Chiloquin, it is rugged. Gorgeous unsullied forests, alpine meadow habitat, the Volcanic Scenic Highway - but isolated and remote.

Not as remote as Bush Alaska -where I commonly followed moving houses on flatbeds as people literally lifted their entire house off of the requisite pilings, slid it onto a flatbed, roped it down and took off for the other side of town. They would not even take off the old house number, which resulted in some very peculiar numbering systems as house 123 could easily be found between houses 15 and 17, having moved in there from lot 123 seven streets over. Moving house is something a determined person can accomplish without too much effort, given the right circumstances out here in the backwaters.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Sorry to ruin a fun thread, but the house has been found.

A 1/2 mile from its original location.

No I am not kidding.

UPDATE: Missing home in Klamath County has been found

Thanks for the update! case closed.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks Bahahahaha! Beat me to it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ah, I see it was found! I was going to say- earlier this week I saw a report here, in which a guy hired to wreck an old house mistakenly took down the wrong one. It took him 20 minutes to reduce the whole thing to rubble, only to find out he was supposed to do that to one a bit further down the road. It was also a wood building, in a forest area next to a lake.

So I thought, what if something like that happened, and the guy just quickly bull dozed the rubble out and said nothing?
But am glad for the owners that they found their home!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join