It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staged Attack on Atlanta, Dallas or Houston on Dec 27?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I have a question, as we all know this is the ore will be the followup from 9/11 ala 12 planes not 4.. anyway Alanta was on that list also.. what I am wondering.. WTF is in Alanta to go after something there????

I never did understand this logic...

any help would be good...

For starters Atlanta is the major financial, banking and tranportation/distribution hub for the southeast and it houses the Center for Disease Control. (CDC)

In the belief that cities such as New York and Washington have had much more protective measures put in place since 9/11 I would surmise that in a "real" attack scenario it would give a higher chance of success to go after a second tier target that is possibly not as well protected.

In the "staged" scenario (highly skeptical of this myself) then an attack could be accomplised on a high value 1st catagory target with seeming ease. The use of aircraft would be shall we say suspicious, the detonation of a nuclear weapon smuggled in place would not raise as much doubt for me though because its plausable to have the ability to smuggle in the necessary apparatus without detection - if your smart enough that is.

As a hypothetical lets say a successful WMD attack occured in a second tier city such as Atlanta and the perpetrators immediatly claim in a widely distributed video that if the US doesn't do "X" in a set time limit then 10 more cities will get the same treatment.

In the ensuing panic as people rush out of other 1st tier cities the stated economic disruption that al Qaida wants would indeed occur while at the same time ensuring that martial law would be put into effect with no seeming benefit or chance of increased safety - the government would be percieved as totally inept and useless, even a hindrence to peoples desire to seek safety.

This perfectly aligns itself with al Qaida goals.

In the "we've attacked ourselves" mode of thinking this scenario is far to extreme and runs counter to the government gaining any appreciable advantage due the level of chaos caused and its ensuing steps required to maintain control.

If one wants to take over the ship, destroying the engine room gains you nothing but a dead ship.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
what I am wondering.. WTF is in Alanta to go after something there????

Off the top of my head...

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (the CDC)
Hartsfield-Jackson Airport (busiest airport in the world, according to some)
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Georgia Dome and Turner Field
Georgia state capital
population of more than 4 million in the metro area (11th largest in US)
home of CNN, Coca-Cola, BellSouth, Home Depot, Delta Air Lines, Cox Communications, and many others that I can't remember right now

I have to agree, ThichHeaded, Atlanta wouldn't be my first choice, but there's enough commerce and industry located here to make it an attractive target, even if not on the same level as, say, NYC.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My opinion is that you should wait and see if it happens.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
More Broo ha ha ...

Gots to keeps us on our toes, you know....

Subtle reminders that we need Bush almighty.

The more that I read posts like this, the more that I suspect it is actually the work of the liberal left.

Then, if a real catastrophe materializes, they can always say Bush distracted us on purpose.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, I live in Atlanta, and sorry, but I am not going to assist anyone in naming off likely targets or the reasons they should attack here. We're just a bunch of hillbillies and there is nothing here that would do them any good to attack.
Unless the terrorists just absolutely can't stand beautiful skies, a day or two a year of light snow, or Zel Miller. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the chemtrails.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's like these stupid orange alerts during the holidays, when the WTC was hit AFTER a holiday--on a day no one would really think about. The only significance is 911 is the emergency number in USA and I think Canada.

A surprise attack, by definition, would be where one would not expect it. You really think someone's going to let something like that leak out?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well, I live in Atlanta, and sorry, but I am not going to assist anyone in naming off likely targets or the reasons they should attack here. We're just a bunch of hillbillies and there is nothing here that would do them any good to attack.
Unless the terrorists just absolutely can't stand beautiful skies, a day or two a year of light snow, or Zel Miller. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the chemtrails.

Well, there are the Atlanta Hawks.
j/k

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There is a nice thread about this on everyones favorite paranoids playground, God like Productions, about this.

German Guy

German Guy = Aussie Bloke, Get it?

Also on this thread

RATS thread about German Guy

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - The threat of a terrorist attack on the United States still exists, but counterterrorism officials say there is a conspicuous lack of intelligence "chatter" being picked up.
It's a stark contrast to last year's holiday season, when there was chatter indicating a plot could be in the works. The nation was under heightened alert and a number of foreign flights to America were canceled because of specific threats.
U.S. and foreign intelligence and law enforcement services report a continuing stream of vague, lower-level threats from al-Qaida and other Islamic extremist groups against American interests at home and abroad. But officials say nothing specific and credible has emerged in recent months that would require the government to raise the risk level above yellow, or "elevated," the midpoint on the five-level threat scale.

"It's a little bit like a duck on a pond. You've got a lot going on under the surface but you don't have any big waves," FBI (news - web sites) counterterrorism and counterintelligence chief Gary Bald said in an interview Thursday.

This is from U.S oficial news......
source

oops - forgot to add the link

[edit on 23-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lets bump this thread...why? Because once again we have a failed prediction.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah, well you beat me to it, but I was just about to ressurect this thread for that exact reason. I live in Atlanta, and decided to stay regardless of this thread.

On the other hand, with the massive quake striking, could it be they decided to wait until all attention could be focused on the dirty deed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join