It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Media interviews Russian solders fighting in Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well the eventual truth about Russian involvement in Ukraine is coming out. Social media has provided so many pictures of Russian military equipment in Ukraine that even the hardest pro-Russia supporter admits their motherland is sending weapons into Ukraine.

A Russian newspaper has published a clear story about Russian troops operating inside Ukraine.

www.kommersant.ru...

in Russian

www.examiner.com...

English review of the Russian story

Of course Newsweek ran a great expose showing that Russian solders were operating inside Ukraine back in Sept last year...

www.newsweek.com...

And even the dead bodies of Russian solders have to be buried somewhere with cover stories to mothers not holding any water...

www.theguardian.com...

Of course people can believe what ever they like and what ever makes them happy. The truth has never been related to your beliefs. However it is good to Deny Ignorance as often as you can. That's what this thread is about.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Congrats! This is your 20th thread(out 24) about Russia/Ukraine/Putin in less than two months.

I don't disagree with this one but I do wonder if the topic is an obsession for you?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DrChinstrap

Odd to find someone's very first post a summary of my recent posting history.

Stalk people much???

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Are you implying that I am showing obsessive behavior?

Well, I didn't sign up for one specific reason.....I can tell you that.

Your thread was just the first thing that stood out to me and I did read all your other threads so I think I am entitled to my observations.

Just trying to help you.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
But...the Russians aren't there...The ex KGB Col told US that.

Cold war rolls on.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrChinstrap

Congrats! This is your 20th thread(out 24) about Russia/Ukraine/Putin in less than two months.

I don't disagree with this one but I do wonder if the topic is an obsession for you?

Why is any worse than the several pro-Russian posters whose entire career on ATS has been to derail all discussions about Russia and Ukraine with utter and complete nonsense?

Some of us have a very specific interest in geopolitics, Russia, media and so on, so why is it "suspicious" when someone has an interest like this, but entirely without comment when it's the opposing side actively spreading obvious propaganda and attempting to troll/derail discussions and close threads?
edit on 22-2-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

The topic isn't about who wrote what threads, or who believes what.

Get back on topic please.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 2/22/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

nm
edit on 22-2-2015 by DrChinstrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

............snipped - just saw the mod post.

To the OP -
There are reports on twitter talking about this. There was a blast in Kharkov during the pro Kiev rally. The bomb was thrown from a moving vehicle and the suspects (pro russian rebels) were caught.

Apparently some members of the Russian government have started bragging about Russian forces in Ukraine. While they take territory they mock the west because they are still debating if Russia is involved or not.

When the truth comes out in Russia Putin is going to have massive problems.

Since Russia continues to deny its military is present I say any Russian captured should be held and charged under Ukraine law instead of trading them back.
edit on 22-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Of course, this thread will probably be refused by the anti-American posters who seem to be able to ignore reality as and when it suits them, and I'm sure one of the many pro-Russian propagandists will be along any moment to start screaming about NATO, the US, the UK and something someone did ten years ago that somehow "justifies" something they refuse to accept is even happening...

Sensible people know full well that Russia is arming the "Rebels", and that most of those "Rebels" are Russian military. We also know that while Russia preaches and rants about Kiev and Nazis, most of those Russians in Ukraine are also fascists, as are many of the propagandists on the internet who claim Kiev is fascist while making antisemitic statements in the next paragraph of broken English.

Here's some reality for those who refuse it - real and genuine rebels fighting their own government DO NOT SHELL THEIR OWN TOWNS AND CITIES. This is a fact that people really don't like to consider. While a government might have no choice but to fire and attempt to prevent the spread of violence across their country, these so-called "rebels" seem to have no problem with using Russian weapons to bomb their fellow citizens in their own regions they want control of.

That's not a rebellion, that's an invading force willing to murder innocent people for a chunk of land.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Sensible people know full well that Russia is arming the "Rebels"

This is the only part of your post that I can fully agree with.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
There are reports on twitter talking about this. There was a blast in Kharkov during the pro Kiev rally. The bomb was thrown from a moving vehicle and the suspects (pro russian rebels) were caught.

Apparently some members of the Russian government have started bragging about Russian forces in Ukraine. While they take territory they mock the west because they are still debating if Russia is involved or not.

When the truth comes out in Russia Putin is going to have massive problems.

Since Russia continues to deny its military is present I say any Russian captured should be held and charged under Ukraine law instead of trading them back.

It will be interesting to see if Russians react to having their army fighting inside Ukraine. Personally I think they will support it, just not at the over 80% level they now support Putin. I have no doubt that the Russian government has conducted some polls to judge reaction to the news and found it not very damaging. Otherwise a report like that interviewing Russian solders would have never seen the light of day in a Russian paper.

Enough groundwork propaganda has been laid to demonize the current Ukrainian government that Russians will support intervention in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The fact that the rebels are shelling their own territory is a good point. It seems like a bad tactic to kill your neighbors and family to expel a government you don't like.

Another point that needs to be addressed is that in order to achieve the command and control capabilities that the rebels have, requires significant military training and discipline, which even the Ukrainian army seems to lack.

It is not easy to develop a disciplined fighting force with a clear command structure in a couple years time, especially given that these rebels do not run any military academies and claim to have no training from foreign forces. It is one thing to understand and use basic battle tactics, it is a whole other thing to be able to successfully command forces at a battalion or regimental level, and do it better than the local army.

I do not believe this is possible for some local miners and farmers to do.
edit on 22-2-2015 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: fedeykin
Another point that needs to be addressed is that in order to achieve the command and control capabilities that the rebels have, requires significant military training and discipline, which even the Ukrainian army seems to lack.

It is not easy to develop a disciplined fighting force with a clear command structure in a couple years time, especially given that these rebels do not run any military academies and claim to have no training from foreign forces. It is one thing to understand and use basic battle tactics, it is a whole other thing to be able to successfully command forces at a battalion or regimental level, and do it better than the local army.

I do not believe this is possible for some local miners and farmers to do.

Good point! There are lots of 'advanced training' roles that miners and farmers can't be trained to do. Roles like running advanced anti aircraft batteries as well as leadership. Claiming to scavenge all their hardware is simply a joke as any military expert can tell you. They did take control of several old massive Soviet stores of weapons, but not that many tanks and military vehicles.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Scavenging hardware is believable. What is IMO not believable is for a pure rebel force made up of non-professional soldiers to have the means for the effective use of combined arms at an operational and higher tactical level.
edit on 22-2-2015 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't see what problems it will cause.

The entire EU would be hard pressed to rake a military stance against russia, Americas president is a fool that can't even acknowledge russia plays him, Chiba plays him, Muslim terrorists play him and Iran has been trolling him for 6 years.

So america actually doing anything at all is out for the next 2 years at the least.

Putin doesn't care about what they think, so them giving him angry stares and sending him notes that say " we are very very angry at you, we are so angry, we have send you this note, telling you we are very very angry at you."

The only thing that can and will stop this new wannabe Stalin is force.

Since nobody on earth is capable of nutting the EFF up, putin will do just like all tyrants.

Keep taking other peoples stuff, and every time he takes something and sees no retribution, it will only embolden him to take more.

I honestly thought we learned this lesson 70 years ago, in fact, I was taught the lesson was so well learned is was very unlikely to have to be learned again.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

You know Putin like I know Putin!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Excellent !

This would mean an even bigger blow to the moral of the idiots wanting to fight for the Western Oligarchs.

I would bet things like this are deliberately planted in the media to demoralize them even more.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
a reply to: infinityorder

You know Putin like I know Putin!

It isnt a hard thing to see.

He is literally following the "how to start an empire" handbook.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Excellent !

This would mean an even bigger blow to the moral of the idiots wanting to fight for the Western Oligarchs.

I would bet things like this are deliberately planted in the media to demoralize them even more.

Well Well Well !!!

I fully expected massive denials, links to a ton of propaganda to wade through and dismiss. I hate it when you agree sometimes!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join