It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Extraterrestrial UFO Hypotheses

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agnost

originally posted by: Tangerine
originally posted by: Agnost
a reply to: Tangerine

Regarding your first two questions, I know of no scientific studies that support these claims. That's not to say that they don't exist but I don't know about them.

I believe Vallee has attempted or is attempting to test his hypothesis that such a control system exists but I don't think the results are in. Or perhaps I'm misremembering and he suggested a way in which it can be done. Does anyone recall? Vallee is very careful to distinguish between hypotheses and claims of fact.

A pity, because these studies should be quite straightforward to carry out and I think they are highly relevant to the thread.

Regarding Vallée: if he tried, I don't think the result was positive, because certainly here at ats somebody would have heard about it. But a negative result is also a result. And I think Vallée has moved on, because lately it's all about data-basing and data-mining.

I think if Vallee had conducted the study and the results were negative he would have made that known. Vallee is involved in many things. Frankly, I don't know when he finds the time to do any research. Also, there's a matter of figuring out how to respond to the control system that causes the control system to make adjustments and, thus, prove that it exists. Does anyone have any suggestions about how this could be done?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

You are a spokesman for these civilizations
spanning the Universe?

Just trying to figure out one (somewhat
hypothetical) life form is a full time job
for me.

But sorry ----- way way off topic.

Kev

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

We don't even have a proper definition of
the control system unfortunately. Wouldn't
that be a great first step --- before trying to
poke it with a stick?

Kev

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Bybyots

Now, people dont even have to experience a UAP first hand, all you have to do is watch 20 hours of the disclosure project and a few Ancient Aliens episodes to have a religious epiphany.

Are you serious? Can you explain that without going off-topic?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

True enough.

Many people have experienced hypnogogic/hypnapompic hallucinations and varieties of sleep disorders like 'exploding head syndrome' and 'night terrors.'

The night terrors seem to have some central uniformity like malevolent presences that could indicate a universality of experience. 'Exploding head syndrome' is something I read a lot about a few years ago and has a higher frequency of occurrence in black males than white males. That's likely to be genetic in origin.

The reason I mention them is to add evidence to your underlying point that the brain can create experiences as real, or more real than the standard experience of reality.

It's not too far a step to allow for the possibility that an infection could cause the brain to invent sensory experience to off-set the occurrence of different forms of overload. I'm thinking of illnesses where fever causes hallucinations...

The higher incidence of EHS in black males might have a parallel in the apparently higher frequency of 'UFO sightings' in the white population. It suggests a genetic or cultural correlation.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Probably the best way to summon a UFO [ET alien starship] is telepathy --- For one's that had a previous close encounter with ET alien entities --- for they [ET] will sometimes seek them out --- just by sensing the contactee's own brain wave patterns.

I've had possible success with my previous statement...yet my other possible successful previous attempt was using a geoglyph carving of an alien entity --- that could be seen from the air; which brought a foofighter sighting and landing six miles away from the geoglyph after one week.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

We don't even have a proper definition of
the control system unfortunately. Wouldn't
that be a great first step --- before trying to
poke it with a stick?

Kev

Well, yeah...but we have to work within our limitations. I think Vallee wants to poke it with a stick to prove that it exists. If it moves or growls or bites that's evidence that it exists.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Probably the best way to summon a UFO [ET alien starship] is telepathy --- For one's that had a previous close encounter with ET alien entities --- for they [ET] will sometimes seek them out --- just by sensing the contactee's own brain wave patterns.

I've had possible success with my previous statement...yet my other possible successful previous attempt was using a geoglyph carving of an alien entity --- that could be seen from the air; which brought a foofighter sighting and landing six miles away from the geoglyph after one week.

Have you not read the opening post? This thread is explicitly not for discussion of ET. Please respect that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I also would not be surprised if these powerful transducers are also able to stimulate the audio and visual components of the experience in others.

This is absolutely true. I actually just came across this very thing in some TV show... Folks that are engaged in listening to someone's telling of a story actually experience what is being conveyed on some level. Even shows up on brain scans if I remember. For instance if someone is describing a smell, that (olfactory bulb) part of the brain is active and the person essentially experiences the smell. I am going to find that show and see if I am describing it correctly. This gets into suggestibility and even the formation of memories of things that never happened. And yes, you can even show that a video of a light is really Venus 10 different ways without making much of an impact on folks.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You are a spokesman for these civilizations
spanning the Universe?

Yes...I consider myself as a token spokesman for a certain intelligent humaniod species not of this earth ---- that's why I'll have to agree to disagree with the OP and Jacque Vallee.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Ok! Well thanks for 'coming out' - it takes
courage.

But still off topic.

Kev

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is the topic:

Please discuss it and not each other or topics better suited to u2us or other threads.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's not too far a step to allow for the possibility that an infection could cause the brain to invent sensory experience to off-set the occurrence of different forms of overload. I'm thinking of illnesses where fever causes hallucinations...

That is interesting. I am under the impression that hallucinations caused by fever are from brain inflammation. I could be wrong there. There is no mistaking someone with a fever. Are you suggesting the possibility of an infection that effects neurochemistry? There is a lot of possibility there perhaps. It would have to be incredibly selective maybe dormant at times and hidden. How about something like lymes disease?

Chronic encephalomyelitis, which may be progressive, can involve cognitive impairment, brain fog, migraines, balance issues weakness in the legs, awkward gait, facial palsy, bladder problems, vertigo, and back pain. In rare cases, untreated Lyme disease may cause frank psychosis, which has been misdiagnosed as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Panic attacks and anxiety can occur; also, delusional behavior may be seen, including somatoform delusions, sometimes accompanied by a depersonalization or derealization syndrome, where the patients begin to feel detached from themselves or from reality.[34][35]
en.wikipedia.org...

There is also another candidate. An endogenous neurotransmitter that when taken in larger doses (not endogenously but in a laboratory), it causes incredibly vivid hallucinations even of UFOs and beings. The thing is our bodies make the stuff and it is structurally similar to melatonin which is released at night to get us ready for sleep.

Seems like we don't make enough of the stuff to cause these effects, at least that hasn't been shown yet. The theory is that we release high enough quantities to cause hallucinations under times of stress.

Sorry if you already know all this already im working on how to convey this info in a "clean" way because its good information.
edit on 24-2-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Because I read Kandinsky's post not yours, I do not want to read all the thread, my choice. Also it is not your choice to whom members reply.

As for parasites. It is statistically and physically extremely unlikely and perhaps impossible for any parasitic organism inducing specific hallucinations (UFO) whilst not inducing other hallucinations or associated behavioural abnormalities.

It is increasingly unlikely, or even impossible for any parasitic organism inducing such described specific hallucinations in two or more people at the same time, in the same place and to the exact same visual specifications and physical / sensory reactions.

edit on 24-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I remember as many of you probably do, watching Cosmos (the original) on TV back in the early 80s. One thing that Carl Sagan was very vehement about is that any aliens we might encounter would probably look nothing like humans. I think this is plausible for multiple reasons, and that is why I have always had a problem with UFO occupants being described as bipedal, two eyes, two arms and legs humanoids. Maybe Dr Sagan was wrong, but I think its more likely if these beings actually exist, they are either humans from the future, or some very ancient terrestrial species that lives underground or under the oceans. I think the very fact that they are humanoid rules out interstellar aliens.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

a reply to: All Seeing Eye

A lot of people worship the Canaanite war/
sky god, thinking that has more relevance
than any other 'god'.

To each their own...but it's grossly off
topic.

Kev

Im afraid the theory I put forth, well, more than just a theory, does in fact fit within the scope of the title of your thread. But instead of calling them "Extra", I call them "Inner". A hidden secret society who posses high technology, to us, but to them, as simple as the nose on you face. A "Canaanite war/sky god" would, and does fit nicely into what we witness. I fail to understand why a named force from the past would not be relevant to your topic. Its not extraterrestrial in nature, is it?

This thread is for discussing non-physical hypotheses. That's not to say that your topic isn't interesting.
Ummm...........

This thread is devoted to discussing hypotheses about UFOs that do not involve extra-terrestrials. Topics or approaches to the subject of UFOs appropriate for discussion in this thread include metaphysical, paranormal, fortean, mythological, folkloric and similar approaches to UFOs.
Ummm, Mythological? Are not the Biblical Giants considered such? Are not the Greek and Roman Gods, considered such????? Mythological, and non extraterrestrial.

Yes, of course.
Then, of course, those subjects would in fact fit this thread, and are not as stated by Kelly PrettyBear

To each their own...but it's grossly off
topic.
or your own comment

That's an interesting topic but not for this thread. Please read the opening post.
And in answer to your comment,yes, I did.

I'm not here to cause grief, even though, and you can ask some of the old timers, I do. Its not always a easy thing picking up those old dirty parts and examining them, but someone has to.

I see my welcome here has expired, so I will leave you to your search for the truth, in peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

the best way to 'summon a ufo' is to
stage a fake sighting with balloons
flares or whatever.

Then after hysyeria sweeps an area,
then 'real UFOs' start to be seen....

hmmm...I think just go to the next hippy jam band festival and just do it!

On several occasions during his career, UFOs just happened to show up while Jimi was giving a concert. During the last days of his life, he performed on the rim of an extinct volcano in Maui.

Jimi played three 45-minute sets, says Henderson in his best-seller. After each set, he retired to a special sacred Hopi Indian tent. Later, witnesses in Maui testified that they heard musical tones emanating from rocks and stones. UFOs were also sighted over the volcano by people who called in to a local radio show. A cameraman on the set said that he fell from his perch after seeing a UFO through his lens.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Well a lot of case studies show the trend.

Kev

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

I remember as many of you probably do, watching Cosmos (the original) on TV back in the early 80s. One thing that Carl Sagan was very vehement about is that any aliens we might encounter would probably look nothing like humans. I think this is plausible for multiple reasons, and that is why I have always had a problem with UFO occupants being described as bipedal, two eyes, two arms and legs humanoids. Maybe Dr Sagan was wrong, but I think its more likely if these beings actually exist, they are either humans from the future, or some very ancient terrestrial species that lives underground or under the oceans. I think the very fact that they are humanoid rules out interstellar aliens.

Well the 'trickster' / Control Loop - which is at the root of this post,
presents images (mental and projected) and solid-ish 'UFOs' and apparitions
in forms that people can accept and interact with.

That is in fact, one of the major reasons the ETH is ridiculous, and the very
reason that the ESH, EDH, PSH and similar hypothesis which involve the
human psyche make a lot of sense (and this is what we are discussing
here).

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join