It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Extraterrestrial UFO Hypotheses

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Tangerine

Have most of the anomalous events happened in the same area,
or do 'they fallow you around wherever you go when they are
happening'?

Do you have much in the way of earthquake faults in these
area(s)?

When did you get your liminal personality type? What caused
it to form?

Have you ever messed around with mystical / psychic practices
or the like?

Have you ever had a prickly, slightly biting feeling on the surface
of your skin, or a feeling of poorly defined rage around you?

--

FYI, contrary to popular belief in some perhaps.. I've not had very
many big unusual events in my life - 2 big ones really over 53
years.. and a lot of yoga/shamanic side effects, but nothing
particularly earth-shaking. I certainly do not seek such events,
but would like to understand them better.

Kev

I lived in the desert mountains and hiked in the desert below the mountains (and, to a lesser extent, in the desert mountains). Most of the anomalous events happened in those locations. At one point, I had the impression that I had "brought something home" from the desert. However, some of the poltergeist stuff began before I began night hiking. At least I think it did but the full-bore weirdness definitely happened during the night-hiking time. It's very difficult to create a linear time-line because the events were like puzzle pieces from multiple puzzle sets with many pieces missing. It's extremely disjointed.

I hiked in a pretty wide area and the events occurred over a wide area both in the desert and in the mountains. I tentatively concluded (for the sake of sanity) that I (actually my boyfriend and I) were being followed by vehicles because we were driving (then hiking) into the desert four or more nights a week. This was a major drug-smuggling corridor and it stands to reason that whatever agency might suspect that we were involved in that field (we were not) rather than out there for the experience of it. However, we were blatantly followed. There was no attempt to covertly follow us. In fact, we would slow down to a crawl and motion to the vehicle following us to pass and it would drop back . We pulled off and turned around and the vehicle following us did the same! It was very unnerving and seemed to be a form of harassment although why? Surely, any agency that had surveilled us over a period of time would have concluded that we were not involved in anything illegal. If they were following us on foot in the desert (I don't think they were although, if they were pros, we probably wouldn't have known), we gave them a workout. On the other hand, the surveillance of the house was covert. We did notice that the one place the vehicles wouldn't follow us was across reservation land. We discovered that purely by accident and sometimes used it to lose them. That led me to conclude that they were feds. But why would the feds even be interested?

As we drove throughout the mountains and the small desert towns we were stopped perhaps half-a-dozen times over a couple months by the local police, Highway Patrol, park rangers, etc.. Each time we sat in the car for at least 20 minutes while the "cops" ran (or pretended to run) a check on us and then released us to go about our business--no tickets. The bizarre thing about this was that I had expired tags and my boyfriend didn't have a driver's license (it's a mountain thing
. By the time of the fifth or sixth stop my boyfriend was so freaked-out that he flat-out told the "cop' that he didn't have a driver's license. The cop went back to his vehicle for the customary 20 minutes, came back and told my boyfriend his (my boyfriend's) name and birthdate and let us go. The illogic of it all was maddening. I can't even begin to describe the level of paranoia that it produced.

It then occurred to me that the surveillance had something to do with where I lived. I leased a house at the highest point in a small town. I had an upstairs balcony and overlooked a small valley that led to the winding road down the mountain into the desert. From this vantage point, I could see all sorts of seemingly ground-based out-of place lights including a flashing beacon (tried in vain to locate it). Signal lights related to the drug trade? Maybe.

But the surveillance and being followed by vehicles didn't match up with the far more bizarre out-of-place people and other woo-woo events and they were quite spectacular.

I eventually left the area and the events have not followed me. That's one reason I think they may have been location-based.

Lots of earthquake fault lines.

I think I've always had a liminal personality. Of course, my memory only goes back so far. I had meningitis (the most dangerous kind) when I was a five. My father once claimed that my personality changed after that but whose doesn't change after that age? I have no idea of the relevance of this but I am a full-blown night person and, according to my parents, always was.

I've been interested in fortean phenomena since I was very young and have read much in that field. As a child I had a few psychic experiences. I "knew" there was a fire at my grandparents' and walked into the house and called my grandmother to confirm it. I used to play a "guess what I'm thinking" game with my mother with some memorable results (of course most of the time the results were probably pretty unmemorable). I stumbled onto Keel when "Mothman" was first published and then Vallee and went from there. I've studied the occult and dipped my toe in the waters but not deeply and mostly after the unbounded phenomena occurred not before. It interests me but I perceive danger in it.

To answer your last question, I don't remember ever having had a prickly, slightly biting feeling on the surface of my skin nor a feeling of poorly defined rage around me.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

If you 'snapped out of it' -- what are you doing in the UFO
forum so much? Just curious.

I have no idea. I really don't.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

If you 'snapped out of it' -- what are you doing in the UFO
forum so much? Just curious.

I have no idea. I really don't.

You haven't snapped out of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
How popular is the outdoor bonfire celebration of St. John's day in the West?

In Spain: very. (E.g. images Hogueras Alicante) I don't know whether the practice was exported to South America. Anyway, I think Midsummer's Eve and St. John's Eve are related: the latter being the Church's assimilation of the former.

But both are nights with a lot of pagan symbolism and rituals woven into it. Paving the way for ... 'experiences'?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agnost

originally posted by: Tangerine
How popular is the outdoor bonfire celebration of St. John's day in the West?

In Spain: very. (E.g. images Hogueras Alicante) I don't know whether the practice was exported to South America. Anyway, I think Midsummer's Eve and St. John's Eve are related: the latter being the Church's assimilation of the former.

But both are nights with a lot of pagan symbolism and rituals woven into it. Paving the way for ... 'experiences'?

That's certainly possible. But I wonder if those experiences are more prevalent where these celebrations take place or whether the experiences are somehow connected to the time period and not the celebrations.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

edit on 25-2-2015 by Agnost because: removed sth

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
most people confuse internal 'tulpa images of chakras' with the actual
'thing' which lives inside their body and is responsible for
'chakra-like functionality'. This is a delusional guardian of the gates.

Well, my official motto is: "The only tenets of truth I hold are based on personal experience." And, unless I live to be a few thousand years old or vastly more 'enlightened' than I am presently, I doubt I have all the experience necessary for really knowing everything about anything. So, I can only speak to my experience, and how I experience things. And that is subject to change.

My definition of self is a lot more complex than it used to be and includes this energy being part of the weave. But it's only one small part of something much larger in their case. Which I think can be good or bad depending on the relationship perhaps. Not sure. I am still learning.

Just curious -- most shaman and sensitive people I know are familiar with what I call the 'black sludge entity' which lives just below the naval. It's nearly impossible to remove --- even 'normals' seem to have them. Have you anything to say about this, or do you disagree that it exists?

I have no experience with such an entity. Hence I have no opinion on its existence.

I do have experience with what one might call 'black sludge energy' but I considered it just that -- energy, not an entity. That was circa 1996, 1997 or something. I was lying face down on my bed, clutching the mattress and half-forcing it out of me and half-it was just pushing out. Always to the left of my spine for some reason. Most of it from mid to lowest back. Smaller and then larger collection of it, and it HURT, it was astral so half-physical half-not. Once all of it had pushed out of me including the last largest collection that I seriously thought might injure me getting out it was so huge, it all morphed together at the ground level next to my bed as I sat up on the edge, and then separated into a variety of animal, pet-type animal forms around my feet and it felt as if they were looking up at me for guidance, like they were going to live 'out there' now instead of in me. I had no idea what the hell was going on with that. I wrote a respected friend about it, and he said it was a known and normal thing, I don't remember the detail of whatever he said, it didn't stick with me. My life had so much weirdness at that period that honestly this didn't even seem like a big deal, except that I was a little bit sore even physically the next day where some of it pushed out of me. It's just another day, as I used to say.

So as to not be accused of being 'off topic', I'd say that this 'nasty' 'black sludge critter' is associated with a lot of the nastier 'UFO' and 'paranormal' type experiences people have.

I used to have some pretty hairy terrifying dark-side experiences. But I actually have had almost (not entirely) no 'dark ufo/paranormal' experiences since just before that time, probably coincidentally, but there are probably some other reasons for that.

Like that I moved away from the areas where they were going on with me, and there may have been non-alien reasons for their presence in my life (I mean clandestine tech) for all I know. Not saying there was, just saying I don't know. Well actually I am saying there was in ONE area I know about, but in many other areas I just don't know.

Like that I had a meditative, archetypal sort of experience where my inner guide found and gave me this interesting, hammered heavy gold pendant on a chain that he said belonged to someone in my genetic line and was a gift from the bright ones. He put it on me with some foreign language and from it, these little gold symbols ran out and ran all over and into my body, felt really bizarre and cool. He said they would see it on me. I asked if they'd be mad, since obviously nobody gave it to me personally, but he said no, that I had the right of it. I never saw the nordics-greys-bugs again and this despite that I'd run into them constantly for a long time at that point. I'm not sure if they saw it on me and left me alone (that wasn't what I expected from it, if anything), or if this was just some psychological experience on my part to model for myself some internal shift that resulted in that experience-set leaving my life. Anyway that wasn't all of my experience-set just one part of it, but a big part of it, so its disappearance shifted my overall reality quite a bit.

But when all of that moved out of my life, other things already-there took focus, like programmed dreams; I actually was able to catch those, and because I am (was, anyway) so lucid, put a stop to that. I still run into it from time to time but not like then. A lot of psi stuff took over then probably because that was my focus. What 'dark side' stuff I got after that point was either related to so-called psi, or was (and still is) coming through in the format of near-biblical stuff, end-times kind of stuff, which I find even weirder than aliens since I'm not religious.

RC
edit on 25-2-2015 by RedCairo because: missed a line

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah

Ahh ... Not sure I'm quite ready to divulge all of that but I guess I'll take the plunge. Call it stage fright or simply pure cowardice, either way I hope you can appreciate the effort!

Along with others, I witnessed a craft hovering in the sky, close enough that all of us that did see could make out details such as what may have potentially been panelling. The thing that makes me feel that what we encountered was not necessarily a physical object was the way it seemed to vanish out of nowhere as opposed to fly off or move in any discernible way. It appeared to blink in and out of existence at least 3 times and didn't emit anything in the way of audible noise. The other thing is harder to explain and could be passed off as a dream, although I don't feel like it was a dream. As I previously mentioned, these things both happened at night.

Like you, I've also experienced other strange phenomena aside from UFO, and again in the presence of others. My mother has been present at many of these events and has her own experiences, which kind of made me contemplate an idea that I can't fully construct involving these incidents and one's biological parents or maybe even other relatives. Were any of your blood relations accompanying you during your weird occurrences?

Thanks for describing your experience. No, no blood relatives were involved in any of my desert/mountain experiences. However, both my boyfriend and I had had previous anomalous experiences of a limited sort but when we were together the number and intensity of the experiences were much greater. We both recognized that. I have no idea whether it had anything to do with the actual experiences.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

My own mother projected things onto me is why I asked.

She didn't give me any attention to speak of, just force
fed her erratic impulses into me against my will. It was
basically psychic rape.

My own mother was 100% self-involved. Maybe I didn't
phrase the question very well.

I suspect that mothers and others can sometimes infect
a child with 'contagion' that opens them up to things
against their will is what I'm saying. It's a known
effect Vallee writes about.

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Thanks for providing all that detail.

That surveillance thing was 'pure nuts'.

You definitely fit the profile.

It's good that you moved out of the area.. you should be mostly
'good' now, unless you do the insane thing that shamans do, and
that is to invite plasma-based lifeforms to live in your body
consciously with you (in that case you bring the power source
with you.. and location no longer matters as much).

Of course from my perspective, all people have these entities
inside of them (RC would seem to agree ;-), but if you don't
overtly 'feed them' you might live an entire lifetime without
knowing that they are there.

But would it be correct, that if you get 'stirred up' on the
subject of UFO's and such due to some good TV program
or something, that you start to 'feel' 'it' again?

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Again; a known effect. You should see what happens when an entire
convention of psychic wannabees get together! It feels like pea
soup inside the building. Iv'e only been to such events a few times
fortunately. I 99% do not respect the views of 'psychics' and
'new agers' (most never figure out how badly the 'spirits' lie to them).

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

Ok.. thanks for the input.

It does sound like you have experienced the 'black sludge effect';
I'm not really caring whether one calls it an energy or a being..
the difference is pretty academic.

I truly believe that a lot of the wonky 'Trickster stuff' is due to us
crapping up some innocent energy field's purity or fledgling
'spirits' (plasma lifeform's) 'purity'.

If you have an entire planet of people subtly interacting with
these energies and beings and pushing their hate/fear and
insanity onto them --- and then this 'stuff' causes negative
or fearful/insane effects ---- Hello! McFly! Wake up!

But almost NOBODY wants to take responsibility for littering
the environment and feeding the bears.

They'd rather blame some archetypal 'evil sky daddy' or whatever,
when most of this 'stuff' is entirely our fault.

IMHO.

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Interesting way of phrasing all that, I agree though, energy or being, the difference is academic.

I know I have made those 'bears' fat throughout my life, mostly in my younger days. But I find even now as I grow old I am not able to become 'clean'.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I suppose that's entirely possible, and probably your question was properly phrased, I just didn't comprehend it correctly.

You asked if my mother ever made me feel as though she were 'swallowing' me whole, or 'grasping' and when I answered that I felt I was given very little attention from her what I mean is that I feel that she was too preoccupied with herself to bother with me.

It was less of a psychic rape and more of a 'run along, leave me alone' situation. Not until I was older and the dynamics of our relationship changed did I learn of her personal experiences and beliefs regarding anything paranormal.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Interesting way of phrasing all that, I agree though, energy or being, the difference is academic.

I know I have made those 'bears' fat throughout my life, mostly in my younger days. But I find even now as I grow old I am not able to become 'clean'.

Yup. Once you've fed the bears they
never forget you entirely.

And another way to put it, is that our
attention - starved and childlike
unconscious mind never forgets
that you used to pay it attention,

because, and this is critical to keep
in mind and never discussed....

'it' (our repressed unconscious mind)
functionally believes it is some
godlike being and *ALWAYS*
takes credit for any unusual
experiences, whether it was
actually involved or not.

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One word...

Empirical...Get used to it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
One word...

Empirical...Get used to it.

That word does not apply to 90%
of human interaction, nor
unfortunately to maybe 75% of
scientific research.

Get used to it.

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

'it' (our repressed unconscious mind) functionally believes it is some godlike being and *ALWAYS* takes credit for any unusual experiences, whether it was actually involved or not

Hmm, yes, that may be. Haven't thought of it exactly that way. I am usually busy pulling back on the reigns of the conscious mind that wants to believe that IT is the godlike being...lol. Although I don't think my conscious mind has tried to take credit for the unusual stuff that has happened.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

You know how supremely selfish and
self-centered a young child's mind is?

Well we never really get over it completely.

Not to mention that the unconscious mind
(brain if you wish) really IS like a god
over us....makes the heary beat...lungs
breathe and draws pucrures of the world
to experience.

This attitude embedded deep within us
really explains a good chunk of the
psychology of 'the Trickster'.

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Was I talking about humans?
edit on 25-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join