It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Plenty of people that were there with him including camera men that seem to disagree.

Browne recalled a “very intense situation where people got hurt” and how “this was an extremely violent and volatile situation” where reporters were in danger.

Very choice words as well IMO.
Wonder what he has to say about the crew member getting hurt..

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
CBS Has Released The Falklands Protest Footage Bill O'Reilly Asked For. It Doesn't Support His Claims.
The Fox News host says he was in a "war zone" where police gunned down civilians. The video doesn't show that.

CBS News today posted its reports from Buenos Aires at the end of the Falklands war, in response to a request from Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, who has been seeking to counter reports that he mischaracterized his wartime reporting experience. But rather than bolstering O'Reilly's description of the anti-government protest he says he covered as a "combat situation," the tape corroborates the accounts of other journalists who were there and who have described it as simply a chaotic, violent protest.

Video at link above.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
He's bloviating again...

O'Reilly said to threaten reporter 'with everything I have'

Fox News talk show host and political commentator Bill O'Reilly threatened to retaliate against a reporter "with everything I have" if he felt her coverage of his war-time reporting was inappropriate, the reporter said.

In a tweet late Monday, New York Times reporter Emily Steel said O'Reilly told her "I am coming after you with everything I have," and "You can take it as a threat."

"Everything he has" seems to be less and less at this juncture.

Good summary here by YTY.

edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ex-NBC Bureau Chief Backs Up O’Reilly’s Account of Falklands War Riot

www.mediaite.com...

Don Browne was the NBC News Miami bureau chief at the time, and he oversaw the network’s Falklands coverage. And Browne told O’Reilly his account was accurate. As opposed to some of the other accounts, which have to some extent downplayed the danger, Browne said the situation “got progressively more intense” and there were demonstrations in Buenos Aires every day.

David Corn Hangs Up On Hugh Hewitt After 45-Minute Grilling on Bill O'Reilly

youtu.be...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Dan Rather in 1982 CBS Report: TV Crew Members ‘Knocked to the Ground’ in Riots Where O’Reilly Was
www.mediaite.com...

I don't even like O'Reilly

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
CBS News footage shot during Falklands conflict in 1982 as former NBC bureau backs up Fox News host's claims

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

O'Reilly, on his program Monday night, showed portions of the CBS video and said it proved the event was no 'walk in the park.'
Browne said the situation 'got progressively more intense' and there were demonstrations in Buenos Aires every day.
He said: 'I was surprised at the article because interesting enough you [O'Reilly] came on my radar. I was overseeing the coverage in El Salvador, it was a brutal war and you were there to cover the war.

ws]

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

CBS Has Released The Falklands Protest Footage Bill O'Reilly Asked For. It Doesn't Support His Claims.

On his Monday night show, O'Reilly broadcast clips from the CBS video and maintained that the footage proved "I reported accurately the violence was horrific." But the issue has not been whether violence occurred at the demonstration. O'Reilly had previously claimed this protest—triggered when Argentines angry at the ruling junta's surrender to the Brits in the 1982 war gathered near the presidential palace—was a massacre, with Argentine troops gunning down civilians. O'Reilly has relied on that description to support his claim that he was in a "war zone...in the Falklands." The video does not show civilians being mowed down.

O'Reilly, who was reporting on the protest as a correspondent for CBS News, has asserted that during the demonstration, Argentine soldiers fired into the crowd with "real bullets" and slaughtered "many" civilians. As he put it in a 2009 interview, "Here in the United States we would use tear gas and rubber bullets. They were doing real bullets. They were just gunning these people down, shooting them down in the street."

Video at link.
edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: fixed tag

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

His claims that he was in a combat zone in the Falklands and had an M16 pointed at his head?

I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
like I said I don't care for Bill, but I do like truth, if I can ferret it out.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He's not a nice man.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
O'Reilly was falsely accused in a very non specific attack from motherjones. Who reads that crap?

O'Reilly has been vindicated. I'm sorry if a couple of you are upset by that;

How's your Dan Rather, Dianne Sawyer and Brian Williams doing?

edit on 24-2-2015 by UFGarvin because: word

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFGarvin
O'Reilly was falsely accused in a very non specific attack from motherjones. Who reads that crap?

O'Reilly has been vindicated. I'm sorry if a couple of you are upset by that;

How's your Dan Rather, Dianne Sawyer and Brian Williams doing?

I don't think he was falsely accused. More stuff keeps coming out. We know that O'Reilly is a horrible person who only cares about his ego. Nothing would surprise me about him. Who cares about Dan Rather, Dianne Sawyer or Brian Williams? We're talking about Bill O'Reilly here on this thread. Keep your focus.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UFGarvin

Maybe vindicated in his own pinhead.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sorry to disagree, but, again, O'Reilly is opinion & commentary.
Williams is an Network news anchor...hence, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.

Brett Baier has the evening news anchor job for FOX. (maybe you can dig up some dirt on him...and you might have a case--good luck).

If this man is lying about combat time I am pretty sure his audience would have some issues with it. Are we so far gone as a country that we can not even hold ourselves to some kind of standard like honesty in reporting the news.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've seen this before, but now O'Reilly's other fibs are being focused on as well.

O'Reilly Lied About Suicide Of JFK Assassination Figure, Former Colleagues Say

George de Mohrenschildt was a Russian emigre who befriended Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald and testified before the Warren Commission investigating the Kennedy assassination. On March 29, 1977, the same day he was contacted by the House Select Committee on Assassinations, he committed suicide at his daughter's home in Florida. At the time, O'Reilly was a reporter for Dallas' WFAA-TV who regularly reported on stories related to the Kennedy assassination.

O'Reilly has bizarrely inserted himself into de Mohrenschildt's story, claiming in books and on Fox News that he was outside the house seeking to interview de Mohrenschiltd at the time of his death. O'Reilly is under heavy criticism and scrutiny for his false claims about his 1982 Falklands War reporting.

O'Reilly's implausible tale was first flagged by Jefferson Morley in a 2013 post for his website JFKFacts.org. Morley has worked as an editor for The Washington Post, Salon.com, and Arms Control Today, and is a visiting professor at the University of California, Washington Center.

New interviews with former O'Reilly collegues who say he wasn't in Florida on the day of de Mohrenschildt's suicide and documents obtained by Media Matters bolster Morley's reporting.

edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: fixed tag

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here's bill being nice to coworkers on one of his previous shows. He's such a nice guy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UFGarvin

He had been far from vindicated.

More and more people have said he was lying, minus one guy that just said it was dangerous.
Still far from a war zone

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Bill O'Reilly to Produce Historical TV Series Legends & Lies

edit on 2/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
CBS Ordered O'Reilly To Leave Argentina For Risking Life Of Cameraman
By: Steve - February 25, 2015 - 11:30am

From Eric John Engberg, a fellow CBS correspondent stationed in Argentina at the same time Billo was there.

The CBS bureau chief in Buenos Aires, Larry Doyle, an ex-Marine LRRP, was something of a legend among CBSers because of his personal courage and his knowledge about how to do your job without exposing yourself to undue danger. Early that night in Buenos Aires he assembled the camera crews in our hotel newsroom and instructed them to refrain from using the lights on their cameras while around crowds.

Television lights attracted potentially violent people and also made the camera-person an easier target for demonstrators throwing rocks. We all knew that the Argentine public was angry at the U.S. for supporting Britain in the war, so American journalists might become a target for mob violence.

The riot around the presidential palace was actually short-lived. It consisted mostly of chanting, fist-shaking and throwing coins at the uniformed soldiers who were assembled outside the palace. I did not see any police attacks against demonstrators. According to Doyle, O'Reilly returned to the hotel in a rage over the fact that his cameraman wouldn't turn on the lights to photograph angry crowds.

Doyle defended the cameraman and chewed out O'Reilly for violating his instructions on lights. When Doyle looked at the tape shot by O'Reilly's cameraman he saw that the video included stand-ups -- on camera description by the reporter -- which O'Reilly had ordered the cameraman to shoot -- with his light on. Doyle was further upset by this tape, which clearly showed that his orders on lights had been unilaterally violated by O'Reilly. The issue here was safety.

CBS was doing a late night re-cap of the Falkland's story. As always the Buenos Aires bureau had no combat video footage to offer, so our part of the special would be the demonstrations, which had been well covered by three or four camera crews, including the one working with O'Reilly. All that footage was blended into the main story, narrated by Schieffer, who had been in Buenos Aires for weeks as the anchor on the scene.

When Doyle informed O'Reilly that Schieffer would be doing the report, which would not include any segment from O'Reilly, the reporter exploded. "I didn't come down here to have my footage used by that old man," he shouted.

Doyle was stunned.

First O'Reilly had defiantly ordered a cameraman to disregard his orders on using lights, and now he was claiming the right to do a story the producers had decided should be done by the senior correspondent on the scene, Schieffer.

This confrontation led the next day to O'Reilly being ordered out of Argentina by the CBS bosses. Doyle had told them O'Reilly was a "disruptive force" who threatened his bureau's morale and cohesion.

This account was supported by 8 other CBS staffers who were there.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Oh dear. Now there's a twist. Thanks for posting that.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join