It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I am amazed at how some people make good money over their opinion. This seems to be what was news reporting has become.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
O’Reilly’s been busted. Tonight in his famous talking (distortion) points” he will blame the “liberal media” for his present predicament.

But the CBS old time reporter Eric Engberg and others have called him out.

All O’Reilly had to do from the beginning was admit he exaggerated and this may have went away

But now he’s stuck in the mud

Yet O'Reilly's dramatic account is disputed by media reports of the time and by other journalists who were there—including, CNN reported Sunday, seven CBS staffers who were in Buenos Aires at the time. (Former CBS News veteran Eric Engberg posted a particularly scathing recollection of O'Reilly's short stint in Buenos Aires as a CBS News correspondent.)

As for O’Reilly’s bs claim that he found some memo that proved his veracity scuttling around in his basement it is addressed by Mother Jones:

So what did the "miracle" memo say? It apparently was from the CBS news desk in New York City, and the note expressed "thanks for a fine piece." It showed, in other words, that O'Reilly covered the protest—which no one disputed—and it addressed none of the issues in question.

But wait, O'Reilly found another document in his basement—a letter he sent to a CBS News executive: "The crews were great…The riot had been very bad, we were gassed, shot at, and I had the best vantage point in which to report the story." Again, the document showed what no one had disputed—that the protest turned ugly, and that police used rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse the crowd—but it provided no information backing up O'Reilly's claim that soldiers gunned down civilians and "many" were killed. "We have rock solid proof that David Corn smeared me," O'Reilly concluded. Not really.
www.motherjones.com...

edit on 23-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I can't wait to see what Jon Stewart does with this. Is he on tonight?

O'Reilly Deceptively Cites Report In Defense Of Argentina Claims

O'Reilly attempted to defend himself by reading from a New York Times report of the protest during an interview on the February 22 edition of Fox News' MediaBuzz. At one point O'Reilly quoted from the story, saying, "One policeman pulled a pistol, firing five shots."

But as the author of the story, Rich Meislin, pointed out on Facebook, O'Reilly omitted the end of the sentence from the original Times report during his retelling on Fox News, which reads, "One policeman pulled a pistol, firing five shots over the heads of fleeing demonstrators."(Emphasis added)

As Meislin notes, "As far as I know, no demonstrators were shot or killed by police in Buenos Aires that night. What I saw on the streets that night was a demonstration -- passionate, chaotic and memorable -- but it would be hard to confuse it with being in a war zone."

On several occasions O'Reilly has characterized his stint in Argentina as reporting from a combat zone.

edit on 2/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Good I am glad this scum bag has been busted out. His own stupidity and arrogance brought him here......I love irony and this is like Christmas.

FOX should fire him for this level of lying and he should never work in media again. This man can not and should not be trusted. And the misinformed and stupid people who bought into his crap for all these years should question judgment in a very real way.
edit on 23-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All media should help this story go viral this coming week. Bill is trying his best to keep this from becoming bigger by attacking anyone talking about it. He is scared because he knows his target audience does not like cowards and lairs. This man really is the lowest form of human that can be found.

Bill is a coward sitting atop a pillar of salt the waves of truth are finally eroding his foundations of arrogance and hate.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I still can't believe this is as big if not bigger than the Williams story. At least Williams was in a war zone and very close to enemy fire.

Like someone said, O'Reilly is doing a grave injustice to reporters and others who have sacrificed their lives and were actually in combat zones.

This is good...
How Bill O’Reilly imploded at CBS following his Falklands War ‘combat’ reporting

Eric Engberg Fires Back At Bill O'Reilly On HuffPost Live Over Falklands Controversy: 'He's Completely Nutty'

Expense-account zone. Ha.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Bill O'Rielly is one of the worst humans on the planet. So good that he's catching some professional slack for once. He's horrible. lying divisive. A true American traitor. Shame on anyone that listens to this dumb***!

Anyone remember the video from years ago, when he was on A Current Affair and he just blew up at his crew members, had a complete temper tantrum, like a little kid. And this is the guy that millions of people watch every week? Amazing.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I can't wait to see what Jon Stewart does with this. Is he on tonight?

O'Reilly Deceptively Cites Report In Defense Of Argentina Claims

O'Reilly attempted to defend himself by reading from a New York Times report of the protest during an interview on the February 22 edition of Fox News' MediaBuzz. At one point O'Reilly quoted from the story, saying, "One policeman pulled a pistol, firing five shots."

But as the author of the story, Rich Meislin, pointed out on Facebook, O'Reilly omitted the end of the sentence from the original Times report during his retelling on Fox News, which reads, "One policeman pulled a pistol, firing five shots over the heads of fleeing demonstrators."(Emphasis added)

As Meislin notes, "As far as I know, no demonstrators were shot or killed by police in Buenos Aires that night. What I saw on the streets that night was a demonstration -- passionate, chaotic and memorable -- but it would be hard to confuse it with being in a war zone."

On several occasions O'Reilly has characterized his stint in Argentina as reporting from a combat zone.

O’Reilly is steeped in self-deception and thinks he could get away with lying to others by shouting out his distorted “facts”

The only thing that can hurt him is if his ratings take a hit with all this

I don’t watch Stewart myself so I wouldn’t know

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
By O’Reilly's logic gang members in the country should get medals for all the gang wars they participate in.

Aren’t they in “combat” too?

Just because one is around gunfire in a riot doesn’t mean one is in “combat”

Can’t he get that through his thick skull?

Cant he realize and understand that when people use the term "I was in Combat" there not talking about a wife beating or a gun fight in the street.

ITS MEANS YOU WERE IN A REAL WAR!

That's the implication of such a statement.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Actually, it looks like Al Sharpton and MSNBC have much BIGGER problems today than Billy:

MSNBC Shake-up: Al Sharpton to Lose Nightly Show

The recent suspension of Brian Williams and spotlight on news personalities has caused a shake-up at MSNBC. The Daily Beast is reporting that the Rev. Al Sharpton may lose his nightly time slot.
MORE: rollingout.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Comcast Accused of Paying Off Al Sharpton in $20 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
edit on 23-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Actually, it looks like Al Sharpton and MSNBC have much BIGGER problems today than Billy:

Comcast Accused of Paying Off Al Sharpton in $20 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit

Good Al Sharpton should have never had a show!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The Proofiness of Bill O'Reilly

Trying to back up his wartime reporting claims, O'Reilly selectively quotes the New York Times—but the Times reporter refutes him.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Looks like a ricochet effect. Now let's consider...why are talking heads that used to get a pass, suddenly held to account. Cui bono? The public? Who cares about them? This is a piece of something bigger...stay tuned, sports fans!
edit on 23-2-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
okay one more...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Good. All these manipulative, deceptive, conniving scammers should go. Of the three, Williams is probably the least deserving, but we have to be...cough...fair and balanced, don't we?

a reply to: Blackmarketeer
Mine only had one "the horror!" LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

my bad, didn't see it, LOL. My choppa was taking small arms fire.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: ~Lucidity

my bad, didn't see it, LOL. My choppa was taking small arms fire.
That's what you get for hanging out in the Falklands, eh?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Hahahaha! I'm waiting for the animated pew-pew one.
edit on 2/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: dangit i cannot type tonight

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I see a lot of talk that Bill gets a free pass because he isn't a news man, he's an opinion commentator. Williams was the news man so he is held to a higher standard.

I say that I don't care what lies a man who literally reads the news spews but I do care what lies a man who gives his own opinions daily spews, opinions many people agree with and support. So now that we know Bill is a complete liar, and has been lying about this for literally years, are those people who hold his opinion in such regard supposed to still trust in his opinions?

It's obvious to many his an arrogant jackass but now it's more obvious than ever. Will his loyal fans hold him to any accountability?

It's ironic because Billy voiced his opinion that Williams should be suspended and now we find out Billy is worse than Williams could ever be. We all know Fox will not suspend Billy. It's Fox.

Bill O'Reilly Responds To Attacks Over Falkland Islands War Coverage Lies

edit on 23-2-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Please forgive me if this has been posted earlier in the thread:

Ex-NBC Bureau Chief Backs Up O’Reilly’s Account of Falklands War Riot

Two former CBS reporters have strongly disputed Bill O’Reilly‘s accounts of what happened one night when they covered a riot in Buenos Aires, but on The Factor tonight, O’Reilly brought on a former NBC News bureau chief who backed up his story.

Don Browne was the NBC News Miami bureau chief at the time, and he oversaw the network’s Falklands coverage. And Browne told O’Reilly his account was accurate. As opposed to some of the other accounts, which have to some extent downplayed the danger, Browne said the situation “got progressively more intense” and there were demonstrations in Buenos Aires every day.

Both O’Reilly and Browne recalled a “very intense situation where people got hurt” and how “this was an extremely violent and volatile situation” where reporters were in danger.

O’Reilly also spoke with Mediaite’s own Joe Concha, who wrote a column this week questioning the motivations of O’Reilly’s attackers. Concha told O’Reilly that Mother Jones is in the business of throwing red meat to progressives, and beyond that, the story isn’t making much headway anyway.

www.mediaite.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join