It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Is this true? Seems Brian Williams is not alone.

After NBC News suspended anchor Brian Williams for erroneously claiming that he was nearly shot down in a helicopter while covering the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly went on a tear. On his television show, the top-rated cable news anchor declared that the American press isn't "half as responsible as the men who forged the nation." He bemoaned the supposed culture of deception within the liberal media, and he proclaimed that the Williams controversy should prompt questioning of other "distortions" by left-leaning outlets. Yet for years, O'Reilly has recounted dramatic stories about his own war reporting that don't withstand scrutiny—even claiming he acted heroically in a war zone that he apparently never set foot in. [Source]

Just wow@how very snippy he gets. Busted.

When Will Fox News Fire Bill O’Reilly For Lying About Combat Duty?

Well, if that's the standard they are embracing, then let them apply it to Bill O'Reilly as well. Back in 2006, O'Reilly took an extended book promotion tour to Kuwait where he visited with soldiers and signed copies of his book. Reports at the time described how "servicemembers asked O'Reilly about his own tour of duty in Kuwait during Desert Storm." That might have been an interesting story except for the fact that O'Reilly never did a tour of duty in Kuwait during Desert Storm, or anywhere else since he never served in the military at all.

Isn't this arguably worse than what Brian Williams did?

Sickening.

edit on 2/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
One problem - O'Reilly is not an anchor. He is a pundit. There is a difference. If you watch O'Reilly expecting him to give you the straight up news, you're about as silly as all those hip, young things who think Jon Stewart was their straight up anchor.
edit on 19-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah agreed there. But in either case, pundit or anchor, he wasn't "in combat." He was in a combat zone. Pretty huge difference if you ask me.

Here's a rebuttal. Of sorts.

Liberal magazine questions Bill O'Reilly's war reporting

O’Reilly denied the magazine's allegations in an interview Thursday night.

"I was not on the Falkland Islands and I never said I was,” he told Politico. “I was in Buenos Aires... In Buenos Aires we were in a combat situation after the Argentines surrendered."

The authors of the Mother Jones piece argue that a protest, where Argentines demonstrated against the military junta’s decision to pull back from the conflict, did not constitute combat in a war zone. They said there is little evidence to suggest there was major violence during the protest.

"It's a hit piece," O'Reilly told Politico. "Everything I said about what I reported in South and Central America is true. Everything."

He also called the author of the piece, David Corn, a “despicable guttersnipe.”

Fox News did not respond to a request for comment.

edit on 2/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: screwed up the link

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

"Combat Duty" link is busted at the moment... For me at least.

On topic...

Bill O'Reilly...

You really are...

Shameful, hate filled, Demon!

link   
I know somebody with close connections to him thats actually pretty funny good find s&f im going to email his buddy this now and wait for a response lmao a reply to: ~Lucidity

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

He mentions being in a fire fight in central America.......Maybe someone should take a hard look into that. This man is a scum bag arrogant liar. He makes me sick to my stomach but he is not worth the vomit I would upchuck.

I bet his wife and kids are ashamed of him as well as his parents. This man truly is the definition of a scum bag.
edit on 19-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

And you could also argue that Brian Williams lied in his personal affairs which are nobodies business.

Who gives a dam whether one of these newsreaders lies on a resume or puts yeast in a personal story?

As long s he doesn’t do it when he reads news

We all know he’s a human being and human beings exaggerate

Did we think this guy was a saint who never lies?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"guttersnipe"...

Gotta give him that one...
Always a classic!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

True.
And obviously it goes both [all] ways.

watch O'Reilly expecting him to give you the straight up news, you're about as silly as all those hip, young things who think Jon Stewart was their straight up anchor.

Unfortunately, neither of those groups of people are as uncommon as you think. I know some from both groups...though, living in the south, more of those that truly do watch O'Reilly and parrot him.

(Actually know one guy that I am always saying goes into this "O'Reilly" mode sometimes when he rants politics...older guy. It's entertaining so I challenge him a bit.
)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This sounds like someone is jealous of Bill's popularity.

Didn't bill actually defend williams recently?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know. I'm having link issues today LOL

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Bill O''Reilly is a major distorter. He distorts with a straight face

At lease one can see Brian Williams has lied so much his face is crooked

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

He sort of did and didn't? See the OP first quote, and then there's this....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So tired of that excuse.

Bill and fox call them self's the # 1 news network all day every day and then run to that cop out.
Brian williams is just as much as a 'pundit' then ole billy is.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not really the same thing.
I don't really like the guy, but O'Reilly is a commentator...and doesn't represent his network.
Williams is/was a Network News Anchor...and does represents his network's news product.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
On the "video" he says firefights in South and Central America.

#Hmmm

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Not really the same thing.
I don't really like the guy, but O'Reilly is a commentator...and doesn't represent his network.
Williams is/was a Network News Anchor...and does represents his network's news product.

And they're both liars at their core.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He still calls him self a journalist and absolutely represents the fox news network.

He doesn't let he his guest forget about their ratings and his prime time slot on the .

I didn't want Wiliiams to go through what he did, so I don't want Bill to but to sit here and call it different some how amazes me

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lmao..Bill you lying sack of sh$t, at times I think he is an actor playing the antagonist..the ultimate troll if you will. I wonder if he is the same in real life..can someone be that completly ignorant?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sorry to disagree, but, again, O'Reilly is opinion & commentary.
Williams is an Network news anchor...hence, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.

Brett Baier has the evening news anchor job for FOX. (maybe you can dig up some dirt on him...and you might have a case--good luck).

edit on 19-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join