It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So I got a response not that you guys will care but...

Greetings from Puerto Rico.
Yes, O'Reilly was in Central America reporting during one of the revolutions.
He also was in Argentina reporting the Falkland Island war. He has mentioned these things on the air throughout the years, I heard them. How this got mixed up with the Brian Williams controversy, I have no idea. He never claimed to be in the military either or being shot at. He was in a war zone. We don't get Fox News here in PR, so I am uninformed but loving it.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Seems like the left wing lunies are just trying to take pot shots at someone the def don't like. Typical.

Hope all is OK with you. Chilly in Florida right now, Brrrrrrrrrr!

Regards,

James

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Lmao..Bill you lying sack of sh$t,

Lmao.. Bill is a liar because mother jones posts a b.s article?

Just more fake outrage.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The bigger damage went to NBC.

The network big3 news gets 9 million viewers each roughly.

Fox cable get 2 million.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
Um no..I have watched on occasion, you will find many clips of him being so wrong it's not even humerous anymore on youtube..He is not quite as informed as an 11yr old.
Not fake outrage either..I could give 2 sh#ts for most if not all media..more humerous than anything..are you upset..lol?
Carry on.

edit on 19-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Being wrong and lying are two different things but for giggles how did Bill lie as the article claims?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Funny because he's saying he was never in the Falklands.

Report: Bill O'Reilly repeatedly told first-hand combat stories that never happened

O'Reilly told Politico that the Mother Jones piece is "a piece of garbage," and called Corn "a despicable guttersnipe" out to get him. "I was not on the Falkland Islands and I never said I was," O'Reilly told Politico. "I was in Buenos Aires ... In Buenos Aires we were in a combat situation after the Argentines surrendered."

Also saying, I believe, that it was more a protest zone than a combat zone in Buenos Aires.

I will see if I can find that. But it's interesting that you remember him saying those things, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Did you listen to the video of the radio show?

"I was in combat" is WAY WAY different than "I was in a combat zone.'

To discerning people, at least.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My bad..I just cannot take him seriously..it was more of a general feeling about Bill than reference to the OP.
Looks fair to say he lied anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

But Bill is still a self proclaimed journalist.
We are splitting hairs with what other title we give them.

He holds a prime time hour long show on the network, does that not mean he anchors his show?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

ATF 1886's friend said of O'Reilly:

He also was in Argentina reporting the Falkland Island war.

How is that in conflict with him saying he was reporting from Buenos Aires and not on the islands?
FYI: the Falkland Islands are not part of mainland Argentina.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yep.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I read a lot of stuff. And in some places it says he says was in the Falklands and in others that he was not. Sorry for any confusion.

This is probably a better debate than any we'll see here.

In the clip that I have supplied, Bill O'Reilly's voice quakes with emotion as he recounts his time in combat. He promises that if "his unit" were in danger, and he has captured the enemy, he would force that captured soldier to give up his secrets.

His voice is reflective, pensive. He is almost reluctant to tell of the horrors. But he must. He must somehow find the strength to tell the American people of what he has gone through, what he has learned. The lessons learned at gunpoint are often the hardest lessons to forget.

And the lesson? Sometimes, in war, the enemy has to meet his maker first. The enemy must be tortured, if that is what it takes to save his unit. Bill O' Reilly has wisdom, wisdom gained during his time in combat. The times that he has seen it. The times that will haunt him forever.

Except that I do not believe that Bill O'Reilly has ever truly seen combat. I do not believe that he has ever had a unit. In this debate, I will ask to be proved wrong; I will ask my debate partner to demonstrate that Bill O'Reilly has ever served in the military, ever been shot at by "the enemy," or has ever been imperiled in any military way whatsoever.

I am willing to be relaxed about rules: I will honor any agreements made in the comments section. I ask that the first round be set aside for acceptance only - so that we both may have an equal number of rounds in which to present our arguments. I also ask that drops not be counted as concessions. [Debate.org]

edit on 2/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This section from the debate link is priceless

"As for actually serving, Bill O'Reilly fled America during the Vietnam War, by obtaining a Draft Deferment, and (to be extra safe) also by living in England during this time. lickingcalcutta.blogspot.com......
Cowardice seems to be a common trait among Super-Patriots and war mongers, but I digress."

Too funny and sad at the same time.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I hope it helps that a close friend of his so i did what i could get em lucid get em!!a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
I hope it helps that a close friend of his so i did what i could get em lucid get em!!a reply to: ~Lucidity

It did help. Thanks for getting that info. You know, hearing that segment of the radio show kind of tears it for me. People like Bill O'Reilly choose the words they say more carefully than people realize. They know how to manipulate. I'd say this time he went too far.

That part about Desert Storm was odd too. Guess he didn't get a chance to correct them when they somehow pulled an assumption out of thin air.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here's something fun about an actual FOX news anchor:

Fox Anchor Arrested for Theft After Retail Workers Recognize Her on TV

Sabrina Rodriguez, an anchor at a Fox affiliate in California, was arrested last week after employees at a Coach store claimed to authorities they recognized her as the woman who stole thousands of dollars in merchandise in March 2013.

KCRA.com reports:

… Rodriguez, an anchor at Fox 40 News, turned herself in to police Thursday after a warrant was issued for her arrest.
The arrest warrant charges that Rodriguez aided an accomplice in the theft of 10 wallets from a Coach outlet store in Folsom.
Store managers reported $2,500 in stolen merchandise on March 24, 2013 according to police.
Rodriguez is currently out on a $10,000 bail.

To make matters more interesting, her fiance, Nicholas Gray, was arrested in July for a slew of charges, including manufacturing meth.

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm told by people in the business that Bill is paid by the Entertainment Division of FOX, not the News Division. So his occupation isn't journalist, it is entertainer. Entertainers aren't required to tell the truth so he's got an "out" on his "stories." Mr. Williams on the other hand is paid by the News Department and is therefore paid as a journalist and is under a journalistic code of ethics to tell the truth.
I wouldn't know, never seen either of these guys on TV (no cable) but have come across Bill's radio show from time to time. He strikes me as a skinny version of Rush but less entertaining. But perhaps I just caught him on a bad day. I think once when I heard him he was predicting the downfall of the country due to marijuana being legalized in Oregon.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Did you listen to the video of the radio show?

"I was in combat" is WAY WAY different than "I was in a combat zone.'

To discerning people, at least.

All I have to say is: if you're confused or unsure about whether you were in combat, you weren't

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Fox News won the right to lie to their viewers in court.

Stop watching Fox News.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That's a bummer we couldn't have pegged the whole lying about combat thing on Bill first. It's way more fun to accuse somebody of pulling an "O'Reilly" then pulling a "Brian".

For the sake of phonetics, I think I'm gonna just say "pulling an O'Reilly", instead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join