It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Breakiing 'Brina? LOL just wow.

a reply to: diggindirt

The crux of the problem is that people believe what they hear from these people. Doesn't matter how you spin it. Sorry.
edit on 2/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: thesaneone

Did you listen to the video of the radio show?

"I was in combat" is WAY WAY different than "I was in a combat zone.'

To discerning people, at least.

All I have to say is: if you're confused or unsure about whether you were in combat, you weren't

There ya go.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Fox News won the right to lie to their viewers in court.

Stop watching Fox News.

Why do you people post this lie?
You know it's not even close to the truth but it still gets told.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Shhh! Silly little details aren't important!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

LOL...yep. Sometimes things are just inconvenient.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Last time I read up on this it appeared to be the truth since it was an article about the entire ordeal but reading a snopes article I see the article I once read was flawed, www.snopes.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Breakiing 'Brina? LOL just wow.

a reply to: diggindirt

The crux of the problem is that people believe what they hear from these people. Doesn't matter how you spin it. Sorry.

Who believes them? Why?
While I will concede that some of the younger generation may eat everything dished to them with a big spoon by msm, I know very few gray-hairs who still trust what they see on tv. Trusting msm went out with Watergate.
I'm not in any way attempting to spin anything, just explaining things as they were explained to me. There is a legal difference in being classed as an entertainer and being classed as a journalist.
As I attempted to point out, I've never seen either man do a show, just happened across Bill on the radio. I have no reason to spin anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is all so ridiculously predictable. The left wingnuts gleefully rubbing their hands together, the right wingnuts being outraged. And they all miss the point as they proceed to do exactly what is wrong with all of this. Sigh...

The point of contention seems to be whether the riots that O'Reilly witnessed in Buenos Aires after Argentina's forces in the Falklands surrendered to Britain constituted a "combat situation" and an "active war zone."

News reports from the time depict rioters breaking windows, throwing stones and sticks, and police responding by throwing tear gas, firing on demonstrators with rubber bullets, and clubbing them. But Corn and Schulman noted that "media accounts did not report, as O'Reilly claims, that there were fatalities." [HuffPo]

The writer of the MoJones piece says:

Corn said that O'Reilly's refusal to comment ahead of publication demonstrated that he would rather hide behind name calling than address the allegations in his report.

"Rather than calling anyone a liar or a guttersnipe, he had ample opportunity to deal with the facts of this case. He elected not to, and instead engaged in name calling," Corn said. "He chose not to address the issue, he chose to throw mud. And I would say that his right to impugn others ought to be diminished until he answers the basic questions about his statements." [Politico]

Thing is DailyKos actually reported this first a week or so ago, on Feb 07, as linked in the OP.
edit on 2/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Funny thing is Stewart said more truth the the rest on a comedy show.a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly will lose credibility?

But does that mean one has to have credibility in the first place?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Bill O'Reilly is not news, he is in show business and a propagandist par excellence...
edit on 19-2-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
He was in El Salvador and WITNESSED combat.
So I suppose you COULD say he was "IN"it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Maybe CNN should do some investigative reporting on Bill and find out the real facts about his "combat" time. This man is a terrible human being and should be ashamed of himself. His father and mother failed in so many ways. He is a liar and a coward draft dodger.

A pathetic coward who lives a lie.........This is Bill. I would feel sorry for him but the damage he does to this country and it's liberty is just to much.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

In the Falklands.

Mother Jones spends a good chunk of text establishing that there’s no way that O’Reilly could have witnessed any actual hostilities in the Falklands war, because precisely zero U.S. correspondents were able to establish a beachhead on these remote lands. “For us, you were a thousand miles from where the fighting was. So we had some great meals,” CBS News’s Bob Schieffer tells Mother Jones.

To which, O’Reilly says, “That’s correct. I never said I was in the Falklands.”

a reply to: Cuervo
The interwebz are calling him O'Liely.

edit on 2/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Will Fox "News" show the same integrity by suspending O'Reilly over his fake claims of being in a warzone? Of course not, Fox viewers are among the most gullible out there. O'Reilly should be called out on this because he ridiculed other reporters over their reporting from combat zones, and as it turns out O'Reilly was himself lying.

There is a special place in hell for scumbags who lie about their military record, aka the 'fake heroes,' and that goes double for reporters who lie about reporting from a warzone or lie about having been there when they were 1,200 miles away. Bill O'Reilly is a propagandist of the highest order, now let's watch while the Fox Noise defenders go through all the convoluted logic to defend Bill O'Reilly while lambasting Brian Williams. Williams was at least there, even if his helo never took the gunfire he said it did, O'Reilly however wasn't even there.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
As a Vet, you're giving him that pass?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Sorry, too funny to miss this opportunity.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Someone in some comment or another I ran across while reading about this said just wait till Rachel Maddow hears about this because she has a real issue with valor fakers. We'll see.

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
As a Vet, you're giving him that pass?

Can't lie...the same question kinda ran through my mind too.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Fox News Defends Lying Bully Bill O’Reilly With Lies, Bullying

On his television show in 1999, O’Reilly responded to a letter from a retired Air Force colonel, who said he had flown 123 missions over Vietnam and who criticized O’Reilly for supporting military action in Kosovo, by citing his Falklands war days: “Hey, Colonel, did you ever have a hostile point an M-16 at your head from 10 yards away? That happened to me while I was covering the Falklands war.” In his 2013 book Keep It Pithy, he writes, “I’ve seen soldiers gun down unarmed civilians in Latin America.”

he only war more fake than O’Reilly’s ‘War on Christmas’ turns out to be the one he imagines covering from Buenos Aires in 1982, where he actually attended a protest that was two thousand miles from the war zone.

In fact, the references to Argentina show that O’Reilly knew he could never get away with claiming to have witnessed actual combat in the actual war zone because no American journalists were ever allowed to see it. Instead, O’Reilly just makes up his “combat experience” by describing a protest as if it was combat, then shoves this “experience” in the face of anyone who questions his authority as an expert on armed conflict. When did Brian Williams ever tell Vietnam veterans ‘I know better than you do because I’ve been in combat’ and then cite a protest he covered as if it was combat?

Fox News' Bill O'Reilly under fire over ‘combat zone tales’ accusations

But MJ won’t even let O’Reilly claim that magical moment of “major violence up close.”

“O'Reilly's account of the protest in Buenos Aires is at odds with news reports from the time—including the report from his own bureau,” MJ wrote. “The CBS Evening News that night aired about a minute of video of the protest, apparently including some of the footage that O'Reilly and his camera team had obtained….The only act of violence in the spot was a man throwing a punch against the car of a Canadian news crew.”

MJ pulls no punches in its effort to expose O’Reilly’s claims of ‘combat reporting’ as fraudulent.

This is heating up nicely.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Isn’t that the guy who also helped Al Gore invent the internet?

As Solomon said

ALL IS VANITY

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join