It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know That Google Is Tracking Your Movement?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Don't kill the messengers, though! LOL
There's lots of messengers…
Anyway, we truly live in a place where you will end up being whomever "they" wish to make you into. There is neither a way to erase your history (though everyone thinks otherwise) any more than there is a way to stop it if "they" decide to attribute a different history to you. Between holography, motion capture imaging, and ssensors physically present almost everywhere on the planet….and the general population now being sold "tiles" that you can stick on something or someone's clothing and then track the movements of whatever you objectified when you stuck the tile on it, there is no escape. You can check out, but you can never leave.

It doesn't matter if you turn off the GPS function or not, your physcial presence can, and likely will/is, be tracked. I had a good laugh when the "news" about this was, years ago (as OP noted) that the only way your phone couldn't be tracked was if you got a cheap "dumb" (as opposed, of course to "smart") phone and loaded minutes on it as you go. Except you know the name of that phone? It's "TracPhone." LMAO Yeah, that's where we are alright…..where supposedly the only untrackable phone is named the TracPhone.

Gives new meaning to the old real estate phrase: Location, Location, Location!
tetra

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

Google Map location history says no location data on my laptop and iphone, are you saying if it says that it isn't tracking?
edit on 19-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If it doesn't show history, it simply implies that they're not making that information available to you.

Rough location of a cellphone is easily worked out via cell tower triangulation- my phone can give passable directions with the gps turned off simply by pinging a few towers.
If you connect to wifi, it's very easy for the phone to pull that connections WAN IP information- which can be used to track roughly what city your in without even cross checking data.

Did anyone else notice when Time Warner suddenly stopped changing peoples home IP addresses every few weeks?
Was about 4-5 years ago, I reckon. Now I've had the same IP address at home for over a year- and you know darn well TW has a database of which customer number (name, address, SSN, etc) is linked to what IP, and how long that IP has been at that site.
My guess is cellphone companies keep a similar system tracking each phone number, its owner, and historical cell tower data.

They know when you were sleeping, they know when you're awake.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Okay for those that posted that they beg to differ about location. As I said in my OP did you use your smartphone when you clicked on the link? If you did and it still shows nothing, well done you. It isn't a competition to prove my theory wrong.

And to those who say this was posted a few years ago. I did say at the beginning of my post 'This is probably old news'.

Before putting your mouth into gear, please ensure your brain is engaged. Thankyou.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yes I do know this because I read the Ts & Cs when I allowed it.If you've got nothing to hide,why let it bother you? I drive a lot for my job and find that Google maps traffic is an absolute godsend.It's updated in real time and is almost instant,this is only possible because people like me who aren't paranoid about a something bad that really isn't want to make life easier for others.I have nothing to hide,so why should it bother me?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I don't have a google account. my phone doesn't use a google or one plus account either.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

im in same boat.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Attach smart phone to rock.

Go whale watching.

Throw smart phone attached to rock in ocean.

Permanent alibi.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

edit on 0220150320151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

edit on 0220150320151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

I beg to difer on your theory..

Just because it says no history does not mean there isnt a history..
Just like when you delete an email.. Is it really deleted?
Or txt, or facebook post... Nothing is really ever deleted.. If your phone can be tracked via GPS(internet does this also from home..) Then you bet your ass you are being tracked.. Just cause they say it isn't doesn't mean it isn't...
edit on 3/2/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
unlike in minority report you can leave your smartphone at home. If there will be a way to identify who has a smartphone on his person, then everyone who does not have a smartphone on his person will be deemed suspicious.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I never turn the GPS on and rarely use the internet on my phone. Oddly enough,
even my home computer thinks I'm in a town 35 miles away from where I actually am. The weather app from my desk top shows that town and my web browser thinks that's where I am also. When I go to Google maps, it still shows that's where I am, 35 miles away...............

Thats cause you got your gps off so they are detecting the location of your internet provider using your ip address instead.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
Yes I do know this because I read the Ts & Cs when I allowed it.If you've got nothing to hide,why let it bother you? I drive a lot for my job and find that Google maps traffic is an absolute godsend.It's updated in real time and is almost instant,this is only possible because people like me who aren't paranoid about a something bad that really isn't want to make life easier for others.I have nothing to hide,so why should it bother me?

Its not really accurate to say it isnt bad. Of course it can be used for and probably is used for bad stuff just like it can be used for good things.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I never turn the GPS on and rarely use the internet on my phone. Oddly enough,
even my home computer thinks I'm in a town 35 miles away from where I actually am. The weather app from my desk top shows that town and my web browser thinks that's where I am also. When I go to Google maps, it still shows that's where I am, 35 miles away...............

That's likely where your ISP's office is or where your IP block is registered to. There's really not a whole lot you can do about it and ISP's or the government can narrow the range down further than 35 miles away if they wish.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarieRose

originally posted by: Imagewerx

Its not really accurate to say it isnt bad. Of course it can be used for and probably is used for bad stuff just like it can be used for good things.

It's accurate for my life and me as it's never done me any harm.So exactly what 'bad' things do you think this could be used for?
edit on 4-3-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join