It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know That Google Is Tracking Your Movement?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Most likely old news, but a timely reminder nonetheless. It has emerged that Google has been tracking Smartphone users everywhere they go, indicating it with a red dot on a map to mark and make their location much clearer for identification.

If you do not believe this, you remember what appeared in the scene of the Minority Report, where Tom Cruise is on the run from the law, but is unable to avoid detection because everywhere he goes, there are constant retina scans feeding his location back to a central database? That is exactly what we are talking about here.

You can even track yourself to see whether what we are talking about is true or not. Just log in with the same account you use on your Smartphone. You will be able to see records of everywhere you have been from day one of that month. Just follow this link Google Maps

It is an established fact that no matter what privacy settings you may try to implement, your information is still being collected and stored somewhere by our governments.

But somehow, you can minimize your tracking by adhering to the following procedure below.

Just follow the following steps carefully and share this information with your friends, families and anybody you know.

How To Disable Tracking & Erase Your Past History

To check whether location history is enabled on your account, go to the Google Maps Location history page and click the gear-icon button to access History settings.

You can disable or enable the service there. Disabling location history however, does not remove your past history.

If you would like to erase the locations Google Maps has stored for the past 30 days, go back to the Location history page. The default time period shows location history for the current day, so you may not see any plots on the map. Use the pull-down menu below the calendar on the left to show your history, up to 30 days.

If you choose a time period in which Google Maps has tracked your location, you will see the points where you have been on the map. Below the calendar, you will see options to delete your history from the time period you have chosen or to delete all history.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
You mean it's not the Masons and that stalker ex bf? It's Google?!

*waves to Google spy sat /camera / and stomps on the tracker device fitted to my shoes*

On a more serious note, yes I do know Google and other 'organisations' can and do track people, either as random stats or as known individuals.

It is also worth noting that there is location tech linked to facebook and other sites that lets anyone on your friends list or that has your phone number know your location, which isn't great at all but no doubt sucked up by the vain hordes that cannot see that posting their every move and moment on facebook via ''look at me, I am so hot'' selfies is really just mass stupidity of Orwellian proportions. Phones are the new barcodes.

Mostly not great, but it has proved useful in some sad forensic cases, there was a relative of an ex colleague of mine murdered by a cab driver a few years ago and they found the guy that did it using location tech from her phone.
edit on 19-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the moment you get an internet connection you gave up on any expectation of privacy.
I didn't know about this, at least not in such detail, i mean like most people i just assumed that it was happening.
maybe i'll spend a month just going back and forth from my sex shop to the local church just to mess with the watcher's head

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Good thing my battery's dead most of the time. I usually charge my short lived battery once a week or two weeks when I might need to make some calls. I think my total talk time on average a month might be 47 minutes. I very seldom take my cell with me, like maybe once every three months or so. Being anti social can have some benefits. Plus the pre pay phone is under a fictitious name and no address. I am not afraid of Google tracking me at all.

It's a bummer Google has been so willing to play big brother though. They, like Monsanto, are now imho part of tptb and will dictate how our lives will be lived.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

They probably see a lot of that, especially from MP's.

link   
I always laugh really hard when they think I'm in China.

link   
I did not click twice, I swear!
edit on 2/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
You know, if people always have their GPS function turned on their smartphones, or always have their location enabled on their smartphones then really this shouldn't surprise them.

I hate saying it, but there is a reason you can turn all those services off. People don't need the GPS on all the time and if they just blatantly don't care, then it's no one's fault but their own. I see it all the time and I always wonder why they just don't take the time to turn them off.

They are giving these tracking services everything they need without even questioning why they need it. Same goes for putting all their information on the internet for everyone to see. I just remind others....don't get mad when they use it against you...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The bigger question is who runs google?

Google Bankrolled By The CIA

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I never turn the GPS on and rarely use the internet on my phone. Oddly enough,
even my home computer thinks I'm in a town 35 miles away from where I actually am. The weather app from my desk top shows that town and my web browser thinks that's where I am also. When I go to Google maps, it still shows that's where I am, 35 miles away...............

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I beg to difer on your theory..

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucifuge

You can even track yourself to see whether what we are talking about is true or not. Just log in with the same account you use on your Smartphone. You will be able to see records of everywhere you have been from day one of that month. Just follow this link Google Maps

Can you give me a little more info about how to do that? I went to the link and signed in but couldn't find it.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

It is common knowledge that CIA NSA have infiltrated any and all devices

I doubt they are in my old VCR yet

But I wouldn't stake my life on it

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

I beg to difer on your theory..

Mine says the same thing. No location history....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

This is old news, however many years ago it was when I checked, Google wasn't tracking then, and they're still not.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It has emerged that Google has been tracking Smartphone users everywhere they go, indicating it with a red dot on a map to mark and make their location much clearer for identification.

You title says "Did you know ......."

When I read that its directed at me, how are they tracking the smart or any other mobile device I don't have or use?

Oh and what you are posting has actually been brought up in the MSM over the last few years and also how its quite easy t hack into phones with Bluetooth activated, nothing new even to to crowds that don't read these types of sites.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505
a reply to: lucifugeI doubt they are in my old VCR yet.

If it was made by Sony, I'll Beta they are.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I took my wi-fi router with me from Norway to France. It's obvious that Google manages to work out the location of every wi-fi device because it shows me still at my apartment in Norway and not where I am now

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Did You Know That Google Is Tracking Your Movement?

I'm not to worried about google, I'm more worried about this dang smart fridge. If I stick a magic wand in the door it looks like a dalek.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you've got a smart phone, try this fun experiment:

download "pandora" with a free account and make a station. Listen to the ads, and make a note about what they're advertising.

Now jump on the computer and research something unusual for you- a new car, maybe. Or a guitar. Something you don't tend to read up on- and avoid useful information like forums, stick to reading reviews from big retailers like amazon, or walmart.

Listen to Pandora again- make note of how the ads now include ads for new cars, or instruments.

There's a lot of magic going on in the background here- and it's all designed to make a profit out of you. Throw in some location data- how long will it be before an electronic billboard on the highway will change ads based on the number of known users approaching it who have been flagged as a potential consumer?

Answer- not long, now...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join