It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State Behead 21 Egyptian Christians in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Perhaps it serves an agenda they have in the Middle East

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: markosity1973

The problem with your statement is that its Muslims, only Muslims, save the US that created the problem in the first place that are stopping these madmen.

I'm sorry but I don't quite follow that statement. If you are stating that only Islam can stop the terrorist attacks, then you are wrong. Iraq has said it wants help, but not foreign soldiers. This means that they cannot do it on their own and need our weapons and our money to help.

First off

I didn’t say Islam alone could defeat anything.

I JUST SAID its Muslims now who are fighting ISIS

So how do you blame ALL OF ISLAM for ISIS

If the so called Christian ass holes who attacked IRAQ in 2003 didn’t DO THAT ‘

THERE WOULD BE NO GODDAM ISIS

Second

All that about we don’t want American forces is just BS rhetoric by Iraqi politicians

The Sunni tribes are asking for American troops or heavy weapons

THIRDLY!

This wouldn’t have happened if Khadaffi was there.

Isis wouldn’t even exist if the US NEVER invaded in 2003

And they gave that moron Obama a noble peace prize!

And that Wicked Witch of the West Hillary Clinton whose responsible for the chaos in Libya will be the next president of the US

Or the brother of the jack ass who started the Iraq invasion of 2003

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!

edit on 15-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

We need to wake up to the fact that the devil now lives on our doorstep.

We are reaping what we've sown , this is the legacy of the actions of Bush and Blair and the chaos they created.

It goes back further than that. Afghanistan is kind of like ground zero for a lot of this.

It's where Osama Bin Laden grew to hate the USA, but it was well before Bush was president. To find out why Osama hated us so much you need to go back to the 70's and to the cold war between Russia and the USA. Afghanistan was a war between Russia and the USA on foreign soil.

America helped fund Bin Laden and the mujhadeen (?)( I am not sure how to spell that) fighters to victory over the soviet backed fighters. The big sin America committed though was the fact that it simply abandoned the Afghan people after the war ended. The USA decided it was of no strategic importance and left the country in a dreadful power vacuum.

So modern day Islam got pissed at the west, not because of interference but because of being ignored and left without help.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

We are reaping what we've sown , this is the legacy of the actions of Bush and Blair and the chaos they created.

It goes back further than that. Afghanistan is kind of like ground zero for a lot of this.

It's where Osama Bin Laden grew to hate the USA, but it was well before Bush was president. To find out why Osama hated us so much you need to go back to the 70's and to the cold war between Russia and the USA. Afghanistan was a war between Russia and the USA on foreign soil.

America helped fund Bin Laden and the mujhadeen (?)( I am not sure how to spell that) fighters to victory over the soviet backed fighters. The big sin America committed though was the fact that it simply abandoned the Afghan people after the war ended. The USA decided it was of no strategic importance and left the country in a dreadful power vacuum.

So modern day Islam got pissed at the west, not because of interference but because of being ignored and left without help.

You’re forgetting something. The reason why Osama was pissed has nothing to do with Afghanistan at all

Osama was pissed because after the Gulf war of 1991 when the US defeated Iraq and threw them out of Kuwait the US left an army in Saudi.

In that war , in 1991Bush I did the right thing by getting the hell out after the war was over. But he remained in Saudi... that was his big mistake

That’s why Osama was pissed off and made the US and Saudi his enemies

All this present stuff can directly be related to the invasion of Iraq in 2003 NOT the Afghan war against Russia

WHY
Because there is a Hadith that says no disbelievers can enter Mecca

The religous nut Osama used that as his excuse to hate America

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It seems to me that Islamic State are content to unite the Muslim world against themselves with their recent actions , perhaps the Muslim world will unite against this evil and put their own house in order rather than be content to sit back and let the west take care of it for them.

Oh sure, they are stumbling all over themselves to get at ISIS. All ISIS is really trying to do is show the rest of the Muslims that there isn't anything to fear in killing christians or heretical sects and secular Muslims. But the west isn't going to rise up to avenge christians unless the reason is muddled in a national boundary and citizenship mix. It wasn't until the weeping voice of the aunt of the recently killed aid worker was played over news outlets that they even started shuffling around on the hill. And at that the resolution is just a notch up from previous positions.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Perhaps the most sickening slant of all of this is that Muslim apologists will insist that this is not Islam and will try to ban us from talking about the threat of it's spread.

This guy says all true Muslims should be extremists.
I would be curious to hear Charlie or others respond to this guy.
Please, that was not an attack. I am not Muslim so I cant claim to know what it is all about.
Is this guy wrong? Is it just a sunni or shia belief?

link   

First off

I didn’t say Islam alone could defeat anything.

I JUST SAID its Muslims now who are fighting ISIS

Not true, New Zealand, a tiny nation in the middle of nowhere is sending in troops to help. So are other nations. My understanding on what the PM of NZ has said is that we are going in to support the locals fight against ISIS i.e. we are not there as an invading / occupying force this time, we are there as support for the people of the region.

So how do you blame ALL OF ISLAM for ISIS

It's not just ISIS, there is also Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, the Muslim brotherhood etc etc. They all have the same agenda - to spread Islam by force.

If the so called Christian ass holes who attacked IRAQ in 2003 didn’t DO THAT ‘

THERE WOULD BE NO GODDAM ISIS

Mistaken identity my friend. Let me start by saying that the war in Iraq was wrong. I didn't agree with it then and I certainly do not agree with it now. But it was not started in the name of Christianity. The people of many western nations protested against this war but our governments ignored us and went ahead anyway.

All that about we don’t want American forces is just BS rhetoric by Iraqi politicians

The Sunni tribes are asking for American troops or heavy weapons

We are coming to help. We've been reluctant and slow off the line this time because we really feel bad about the first Iraq war and we don't want to make things worse for the innocent people involved. The troops this time will be more limited and more international in scope.

THIRDLY!

This wouldn’t have happened if Khadaffi was there.

Isis wouldn’t even exist if the US NEVER invaded in 2003

And they gave that moron Obama a noble peace prize!

And that Wicked Witch of the West Hillary Clinton whose responsible for the chaos in Libya will be the next president of the US

Or the brother of the jack ass who started the Iraq invasion of 2003

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!

The Arab spring has definitely turned into a long winter of discontent. This is my own opinion only, but I believe that the leaders that were there should have never been displaced. I support keeping Bassad in power in Syria too. These leaders ruled with an iron fist, but when I see what has happened in their departure I believe sometimes it's better to stick with the devil you know. i.e. People knew the rules and risks of their regimes and could go about their daily lives fairly normally. Now they live in misery since their leaders have gone.
edit on 15-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

link   

I think the interventions in Afghanistan and Iraq exasperated the existing situation and made fresh breading grounds for the hate , add in our undying support for the illegal actions of Israel over the years , stir and simmer and we have a the meal we have in one way or another made for ourselves and the rest of the world.

This isn't the 21st century I was looking forward to.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Perhaps the most sickening slant of all of this is that Muslim apologists will insist that this is not Islam and will try to ban us from talking about the threat of it's spread.

This guy says all true Muslims should be extremists.
I would be curious to hear Charlie or others respond to this guy.
Please, that was not an attack. I am not Muslim so I cant claim to know what it is all about.
Is this guy wrong? Is it just a sunni or shia belief?

This guy is an idiot

I grew up in Islam. I know the laws of the Sunna and the Quran

I lived them

He’s probably a Wahhabi

AN extreme fundamentalist and literalist medaevel sect that was invented in the 18th century

But I don’t even have to discredit this idiot on that level...
In Islam it is ordered by the Quran and Sunna to abide by any laws that a non Muslim country has that you live in.

Therefore the archaic rules in the Quran are only for a Islamic government NOT any non Islamic government

If a Muslim goes around trying to impose his religious rules on others who are not Muslims it is against the Quranic injunctions

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I think the interventions in Afghanistan and Iraq exasperated the existing situation and made fresh breading grounds for the hate , add in our undying support for the illegal actions of Israel over the years , stir and simmer and we have a the meal we have in one way or another made for ourselves and the rest of the world.

This isn't the 21st century I was looking forward to.

The story of why modern Islam is so mad is quite complicated indeed.

The creation of Israel started it

US deals with Saudi royalty for oils annoyed a few

The war in Afghanistan with the soviets bred a few anti western radicals

The gulf war created a rift

The invasion of Iraq caused a lot of falsely targeted anger at Christianity

The thing is though that Islamic anti Christian activity has spilled over from the middle east into Africa. Nobody seems to remember or care about the Islamic massacre in Rwanda that saw approx one million, 1,000,000! christians slaughtered in what surely has to be the worst ethnic cleansing since the Jewish holocaust.

Islam is NOT the innocent discriminated against religion it plays itself out to be......

edit on 15-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Furthermore there have always been fundamentalist Muslims who believed in stuff like stoning. So what

That’s an old cultural law derived from the Jews and the Bible

STONING TO DEATH IS NOT A LAW IN THE QURAN

What one does to homosexuals IS NOT IN THE QURAN

So this guy is talking about religious culture and laws NOT ISLAM

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Rwanda WAS NOT A RELIGIOUS CONFLICT
It was a tribal war

Whats up with this misinformation

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It was a tribal war

It was Hutus vs Tutsis yes, but they were Islamic vs Christian as well.

You called the war in Iraq a Christian invasion, yet when the shoe is on the other foot you deny that the Hutu massacre was a Muslim one?

What about all of Isis beheadings of Christian minorities? Are these simply tribal / racial conflcits or is this religious as Isis and the other terrorist groups committing these atrocities claim it is?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In the Bible all of this is prophesied, it warns of a false prophet with a strong lie which will seduce multitudes under a guise of peace and how a time would come that if did not convert to this said belief how it would cost you your head...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Its only bad if its Christians , dont you get it?

You could have 25 people storm in and kill a bunch of people, and if ONE of the killers was christian they would call it a right wing christian act off terrorism......

Yet you can have a group of Muslims run in with flag waving yelling Allah Akbar , and have it all caught on tape.....

And people will deny it has anything to do with islam......

They will only admit religious extremism and ties to said religion if it is christianity involved

People can deny this as much as they like but we see it all day every day, not just on this forum but on the news, and every politician up to our president, dancing around it ...

The agenda is clear
edit on 2/15/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"Be so subtle that you are invisible"
"Be so mysterious that you are intangible"
"Then you will control your rivals fate"

"All war is based on deception"
Sun Tzu

Maybe the global community needs to fully endorse these individuals so that ISIS become the recognized caliphate they so desire, then, when they are altogether in one place and feel all safe and justified in their past atrocities, turn them all into glass.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The war is already lost.

It is a war on extremist ideology.

And we are fighting it to lose.

They won.

Face it.

They won.

We just have to figure out what to do next.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It was a tribal war

It was Hutus vs Tutsis yes, but they were Islamic vs Christian as well.

You called the war in Iraq a Christian invasion, yet when the shoe is on the other foot you deny that the Hutu massacre was a Muslim one?

What about all of Isis beheadings of Christian minorities? Are these simply tribal / racial conflcits or is this religious as Isis and the other terrorist groups committing these atrocities claim it is?

Look Brother Im NOT a sectarian. I have condemned Isis and Wahhabi madness more than anyone on this forum

Just look at my posts

I said Christians were responsible for the invasion that is Bush and Cheney NOT ALL Christians

If a sect of Muslims goes crazy( Wahhabi/Salafi/Jihadi) and does injustice to other religions( Including Islamic schools of thought) then its pretty ridiculous to blame ALL of Islam for ISIS.

Should we blame all Christianity for the 15th century (the first genocide in Europe) genocide of the Cathar sect?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No Beezer they haven’t won.

In the end these savages will be done in

The only problem I have is with cheap politicians like Obama who won’t do what has to be done so we can save people who will be victims of Isis, these mentally deranged lunatics.

On this issue I am with Fox news... isn’t that a joke!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Should we blame all Christianity for the 15th century (the first genocide in Europe) genocide of the Cathar sect?

No not at all ... the blame for that lays with the Church of Rome ... of that time

True Christians and true Muslims believe in Peace and tolerance
What we are seeing are those who use religion to divide and conquer ...

We are all being played against one another when we should stand together against those who try to divide us no matter what our belief ... those who butcher others are working for Satan ... not that I believe in Satan but they probably do

edit on 15-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 15-2-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join