It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner: DHS funding can run out; Democrats are to blame

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
U.S. Speaker of the House John Boehner says if the Senate refuses to pass the funding bill that includes DHS it's the Democrats fault !!

Yup.

The Senate Democrats are stalling because of the possible cut off for Obama's big time immigrant deportation-stall deal.

Looks like a fast ball for a slow-pitch Democrat fungo bat.

Funding will run zero on Feb 27th.

Boehner: DHS funding can run out; Democrats are to blame

House Speaker John Boehner says he's ready to let funding run out for the federal Department of Homeland Security if the Senate cannot pass legislation soon to keep paying the agency's bills.

"The House has acted. We've done our job," the Ohio Republican said on "Fox News Sunday." He responded to host Chris Wallace's question, as to whether he was ready for DHS funding to expire, with "certainly."

If that happens, "Senate Democrats should be to blame, very simple," Boehner said.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh noes! the DHS is gonna run out of monies!

Cry me a freakin river.

Let's hope they do, they've done enough damage to the liberty of this nation.

How about the BATFE and the DEA go along with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Exactly!
This do-nothing congress might actually, if accidentally, do something positive.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

I WISH they were a "Do-Nothing" congress.

If they actually did nothing we could be relieved for the cause of liberty for once.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

yeah but guess what happens if the democrats let them run out of money? you guessed it a false flag attempt.

Or a blackmail like they did in 2008

If you don't give Paulson a blank check this is going to happen and its going to be your fault,.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A guy calls and orders a pizza. "I want a cheese pizza, the $9.99 special."

Waits for the delivery guy, who finally shows up 2 hours later, with a cold pizza loaded with anchovies and meat all kinds of extra toppings. The delivery guy charges him $24.99

The guy says "You're 2 hours late, the pizza is cold, it has everything I didn't order, I'm allergic to anchovies, and you're charging me more than twice what I'm supposed to pay!"

The delivery guy says "Hey, I delivered you a pizza, you're to blame not me. You got a pizza. Now shut up and pay me and eat it."

Boehner is the delivery guy.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

True. I was referencing their lack of legislative action regarding the real problems we face. But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I don't understand it, you'd think the erosion of civil liberties would be the one topic to unite all Americans... yet nope.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can't keep up with your opinion of Boehner. Is he good, bad, a RINO, a hero?

No one made House Republicans tie the two things together, so really he just spit into the wind.

In all honesty though, good. DHS needs to go. Sure they might allow an attack but maybe we'll be watching better this time.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Last week, Rush Limbaugh did 1 hour on the real "dealings" going-on...and the Republican voter gets the shaft...again.

Paraphrasing - The December meeting at White House on Omnibus funding bill is when the plan was hatched...by Senate Republicans. They secretly agreed that shutting-down the government was poison in a Presidential Election cycle. They would not stop the unlawful "amnisty" funding in DHS budget.

Total capitulation to the Democrats and shafting Tea Party Republicans in Congress.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

yeah but guess what happens if the democrats let them run out of money? you guessed it a false flag attempt.

Or a blackmail like they did in 2008

If you don't give Paulson a blank check this is going to happen and its going to be your fault,.

The same could be said for the free for all we have allowing anyone that wants to enter our country?

Seems easier to get in than it does out anymore.......

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
We should be so lucky as for them to be unfunded and shut down. They will end up with more money then before.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am not seeing a downside to this.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh noes! the DHS is gonna run out of monies!

Cry me a freakin river.

Let's hope they do, they've done enough damage to the liberty of this nation.

How about the BATFE and the DEA go along with it.

I agree , what the hell good is the DHS?

WHen have they ever stopped an attack?

They always show up after the fact, or show up after a failed attempt......

And then insist they need to be more invasive with their policies....

They are there to protect the country but leave our borders wide open? Seriously? what nation of retards buys that line?

Screw them, throw them out on their butts......waste of tax payer money
edit on 2/15/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In a rare moment of clarity, ATS members agree on one thing.

Let this be known as a historic day.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I was caught off guard last week when the Indiana DHS told people to stay off the roads because of the weather??? Not the governor not the weather service ?? It was a WTF moment for sure!

Over reach much!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wish the Federal government would just fold up their tent and go away. What a bunch of criminals, sucking off the corporate dole, fostering the exploitation of the citizens of the very nation they were "elected" to serve. Evil is running the world, but not for much longer.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Boehner needs to lay off the Johnny Walker. The GOP run the Senate now not the Democrats so shouldn't he be whining about them?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Boehner needs to lay off the Johnny Walker. The GOP run the Senate now not the Democrats so shouldn't he be whining about them?

60 votes?

Might be the problem.

Actually Obama is the problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The DHS isn't going anywhere. It is mostly contractors now and not govt employees. The lobbyist for the contractors will twist GOPs arms to continue funding somehow... As always it's about the money and profiting off of the backs of the US taxpayers.
Corruption, graft, campaign contributions are the determining factor in how Govt. programs are run and funded. And now there is no oversite because it's hidden under national security.
The Feds are now so inbred with private contractors; it clearly is a Corpratracracy.

www.sourcewatch.org...

civiliancontractors.wordpress.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 15-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
The delivery guy says "Hey, I delivered you a pizza, you're to blame not me. You got a pizza. Now shut up and pay me and eat it."

Boehner is the delivery guy.

Nice analogy.

It's the people who keep ordering at the same crappy pizzajoint though.

So who is to blame?

(Same over here in europe... different pizza)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join