It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner: DHS funding can run out; Democrats are to blame

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: buster2010
Boehner needs to lay off the Johnny Walker. The GOP run the Senate now not the Democrats so shouldn't he be whining about them?

60 votes?

Might be the problem.

Actually Obama is the problem.

What part of the GOP runs the Senate now that you don't understand? They have the Majority just like Democrats had when the ACA was passed. Now there is no excuse them to whine about the Democrats.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe a few GOP senators are no longer traitors? Naw...

The blame the other party flow has switched directions for a few years. Same stuff, different day.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Boehner needs to lay off the Johnny Walker. The GOP run the Senate now not the Democrats so shouldn't he be whining about them?

60 votes?

Might be the problem.

What part of the GOP runs the Senate now that you don't understand? They have the Majority just like Democrats had when the ACA was passed. Now there is no excuse them to whine about the Democrats.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

That was damn right hysterical!

Didn't stop the Democrats from whining about Republicans when the DEMOCRATS held the majorities!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
And your reply was Democrats control congress and it is their fault nothing gets done. Turnaround is fair play.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If Congress was actually about doing what is right for the citizens and the country then they would find a way work together. It appears to be a battle to please their lobbyists so they can earn their 'real' pay and following their own egos.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

60 votes?

Might be the problem.

HaHa

The bill being considered needs a 3/5 (60) yes vote to pass.

So did ACA and the Democrats had 58 votes plus the 2 "Independent" Democrats at the time.

It was the Democrats fault for passing ACA and it's the Democrats fault for not passing H.R. 240 now.

The Democrats *Own* ObamaCare and they *Own* the DHS funding failure too !!

BwaHaHaHa

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Sorry, the GOP controls congress and thus DHS funding. They knew the rules going in with the 60 vote limit in the Senate. The GOP has to lead, if they do then their bills will pass congress. This is a total lack of leadership from the GOP.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: blargo
Sorry, the GOP controls congress and thus DHS funding. They knew the rules going in with the 60 vote limit in the Senate. The GOP has to lead, if they do then their bills will pass congress. This is a total lack of leadership from the GOP.

I disagree.

The Democrats are causing the problem.

Obama in particular.

It's all jealousy and that old "get even" attitude.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
OK, do I have this right? The GOP has bundled a bill that combines DHS funding and shutting down Obama's immigration bill, and is blaming the Democrats for not supporting it? Enquiring minds want to know.

Quick edit to address the sound of crickets in response to my question...no, it is not rhetorical. I am asking a straight question of the OP.

edit on 16-2-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

LOL, Obama is now in the US Senate? Its not "get even" it is the new normal. The GOP required everything since Obama became president to get 60 votes in the Senate. So we still have a 60 vote requirement. If you do not have the votes then you have to pass something that will or you are not able to govern.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

LOL, Obama is now in the US Senate? Its not "get even" it is the new normal. The GOP required everything since Obama became president to get 60 votes in the Senate. So we still have a 60 vote requirement. If you do not have the votes then you have to pass something that will or you are not able to govern.

The Democrats are trying to shield Obama.

If they pass the bill, he would have to veto it and take blame.

Obama is jealous that Democrats have been losing ground since 2010.

His policies and campaigns have been failing.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Or the Democrats really do not like the bill and voted likewise.

60 votes in Senate, either produce a bill that will or change the rules and deal with fallout. Either way if we get a partial DHS shutdown it will be viewed the GOP's fault. They run congress now and if they cannot get a bill passed it will be on them.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
OK, do I have this right? The GOP has bundled a bill that combines DHS funding and shutting down Obama's immigration bill, and is blaming the Democrats for not supporting it? Enquiring minds want to know.

Quick edit to address the sound of crickets in response to my question...no, it is not rhetorical. I am asking a straight question of the OP.

Obama has two Executive Memos I think.

There never was any actual Executive Order.

I have to find the part(s) in the funding bill that addresses the areas that would be limiting the immigration plan.

H.R. 240

p. 75 has something about limiting fund use to "illegal" immigrants already in the U.S.

That might be the whole issue.

Obama and the Democrats want to fund illegal immigrants.

Republicans say no.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Obama has two Executive Memos I think.

There never was any actual Executive Order.

I have to find the part(s) in the funding bill that addresses the areas that would be limiting the immigration plan.

H.R. 240

p. 75 has something about limiting fund use to "illegal" immigrants already in the U.S.

That might be the whole issue.

Obama and the Democrats want to fund illegal immigrants.

Republicans say no.
So Republicans have written their legislation with a poison pill, and it is the Democrat's fault if they do not swallow it? Really? That's soooo high school. And they actually hope to manufacture rage? Is anyone stupid enough to fall for that?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Poison pill is a good name for it.

But as somebody said.....Republicans are the majority now.

Obama and the Democrats have a problem either way.

here's an old thread on the Obama "actions".....
Obama's Immigration Executive Order? or was it just "Memoranda"?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yup GOP in majority. So THEY must pass something. Really simple.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yup GOP in majority. So THEY must pass something. Really simple.

Yup.

Especially when they are up against Obama and Democrats that want to "Legislate" without majority rule and without Congress.

The Obama Memos are attempting to bypass legislation.

The memos are so legally weak, an actual E.O. was not even possible.

That's the issue.

I think Obama wants a DHS slow down. That way he can cast blame when 100,000 more illegals cross the border.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Again the GOP can fix all of that by passing laws. After-all they are now in the majority. If they do not it is because they seem to have an inability to show leadership. If they had good leadership this would be all fixed.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Again the GOP can fix all of that by passing laws. After-all they are now in the majority. If they do not it is because they seem to have an inability to show leadership. If they had good leadership this would be all fixed.

But you keep forgetting the Senate needs a 60 seat super majority to pass everything partisan.

Clever tangent to bring up "leadership".

That flies right in Obama's face doesn't it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If they displayed leadership it would not matter how many votes they need in the senate. Their clear lack of leadership has them in the pickle they are now and they will be blamed for the partial shutdown of DHS because they did not do their job.

<< 1    3 >>

join