It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner: DHS funding can run out; Democrats are to blame

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: blargo
a reply to: xuenchen
If they displayed leadership it would not matter how many votes they need in the senate. Their clear lack of leadership has them in the pickle they are now and they will be blamed for the partial shutdown of DHS because they did not do their job.

And that brings it right back to the original story doesn't it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If they displayed leadership it would not matter how many votes they need in the senate. Their clear lack of leadership has them in the pickle they are now and they will be blamed for the partial shutdown of DHS because they did not do their job.

And that brings it right back to the original story doesn't it.
So if the GOP wanted to govern instead of playing games, they would separate those elements and legislate them on their own merits. I think it's astonishing that anyone would buy into the legitimacy of this ploy...no matter who pulls it. Boehner cries nothing but crocodile tears.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yup, thanks for agreeing that the GOP has no leadership!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yup, thanks for agreeing that the GOP has no leadership!

You have my permission to blame me if that's your wish.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

As Republicans work to overcome a Democratic filibuster of a House-passed Department of Homeland Security bill that blocks President Barack Obama’s executive amnesty, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) is highlighting the Obama administration’s long history of dismantling immigration laws.

In a lengthy timeline released Monday, Sessions — the chairman of the Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest — lists every instance of the Obama administration ignoring, rewriting, delaying and breaking the nation’s immigration laws.

Sen. Sessions Releases Lengthy Timeline Of Obama Administration’s Dismantling Of Immigration Law

BaaHaHaHa

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Flash !!

A federal court blocked Monday an executive order by President Barack Obama that would have granted relief from deportation to millions of unauthorized immigrants.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced the ruling just after 10:15 p.m. Monday night. Abbott filed the suit on Dec. 3 while he was still the state’s attorney general, leading what would become a 26-state coalition opposed to Obama’s order.

The ruling, made by federal judge Andrew S. Hanen of the federal district court in Brownsville, prevents all applicable agencies from implementing any expansions to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

Federal judge halts Obama’s order on immigration

Looks Like Obama's "Memos"

might be ILLEGAL !!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Wow, so we are going to deport 743,000 in Texas alone. I mean, like round them up and put them on trains and everything?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The 2 "Presidential Memoranda" in question are....

Presidential Memorandum -- Creating Welcoming Communities and Fully Integrating Immigrants and Refugees

Presidential Memorandum -- Modernizing and Streamlining the U.S. Immigrant Visa System for the 21st Century

and one has this statement inside it;

This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Wow, so we are going to deport 743,000 in Texas alone. I mean, like round them up and put them on trains and everything?

In due time with due process as mandated by real laws, not imaginary Obama mumbo jumbo.

When they skip court like many do, then ????

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You really believe this crap? I did some research on this judge. This is all an act to pander to conservatives like you. No one will ever actually deport millions of people. Businesses would lose big time.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
The ruling is being appealed on the grounds that the state does not have standing. I never like to predict appeal outcomes, but it seems that there will be a good chance that the appeals court halts the injunction based on standing. It is a conservative appeals court so it is not a given. We shall see in the coming weeks.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You really believe this crap? I did some research on this judge. This is all an act to pander to conservatives like you. No one will ever actually deport millions of people. Businesses would lose big time.
One would think that, instead of continuing to fight the last election, the Right would try to formulate some workable policies that actually benefit the average American...and then find a candidate to sell them to the electorate. They forget that Obama is there because the public rejected the options they provided. Maybe it's time to rethink their product, not just the pitch.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join