It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Twitter troll is harassing the family of a Sandy Hook victim, and it took 24 hours to help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Thanks, something to keep an eye on.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Get your knickers in a knot much?

Ha look who's talking, Mr. "I'll fix that troll".

Again I ask you what were you going to do, call him names?

Oh and if I should desire to troll this piece of trash what's it to you. You who are of the opinion he has a right to harass whoever he pleases becomes totally hypocritical when it comes to my right to do exactly the same thing!

Foaming at the mouth I see. Where did I say you don't have such a right? I only pointed out the pointlessness of such an action. Kneejerk after kneejerk I see.

Once again, he was not talking to the family, Sandy Hook is a hoax, and there is nothing that proves that these tweets even really happened.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Whatever the case here, I think it should be quite clear that this twitter user is an idiot (to put it mildly). The question I have is, did he actually threaten the family members with violence? If so, his freedom of speech is moot. Once you start threatening violence all credibility is reduced to zero. If you can't debate without threatening to harm your opponent you have no skills. Furthermore, where are the tweets? I want to see what it is this tool (to put it less mildly) is actually on about.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

The question I have is, did he actually threaten the family members with violence?

No he didn't at all and there was no contact between them.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The only thing more annoying than internet trolls are internet soapbox moralists. I take both with the tiniest grains of salt.

Amen.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Calalini

Nope.

I just want to see the asshole who is doing this bought out into the street by a mob and beaten to a bloody pulp as an example to others of what epic moronic stupidity can bring about, before someone double taps a bullet through his/her head, and for anyone who defends what they are doing and who propagates this particular conspiracy theory to be rounded up into a field and napalmed.

Bloodthirsty? Definitely, but there is no problem with me saying that according to you - and others in this thread - because I have the freedom to say whatever I want on the internet.

Obviously, I don't want that to happen, because I'm not a rampant psycopath - I'd just like to see Twitter track the guy and his ilk down and hand over their details to law enforcement.

However the point stands. Karma is a bitch and the perpetrator of the act, and those who defend it are riding a karma train of epic proportions.

Sure it's not something I would do and believe most wouldn't do but
I find your thoughts a little more disturbing that the tweeter...over reacting a bit?
there's a big ??? concerning Sandy Hook, I find it highly suspect on anyone that doesn't question what happened,but that's my opinion...does it mean I'll attack someone because of my belief,no, and you shouldn't either.

and those who defend it are riding a karma train of epic proportions.
because we question it?? are you judge and jury?damning us to hell for questioning Sandy Hook?? do you realize how silly that sounds?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This thread has been promoted on the ATS Twitter Feed with the following image:

That's great.

Tweets or it didn't happen.

This troll has been harassing them all this time and noone took a screenshot of the alleged tweets?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

edit on Cpm12Saturday1020151828Sat, 14 Feb 2015 12:10:18 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IPFreely101

Hahahaha Yeah that's me getting all hysterical over some guy on the internet. Too bad you weren't closer I'd take you out for some pints and play the sarcasm game. I find it so easy to get a rise out of people by merely typing a couple of words or saying some snarky but meaningless remark.

Oh as for what i would do i'd merely point out how rude insensitive and ridiculous the person is and repeat it ad nauseum until they either run away crying or totally snap and show themselves for the snivelling, moronic and hateful person they really are.

Oh, and by the by, I don't need to threaten anyone with my Kukri. Just standing in front of them usually does the trick.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Yeah that's me getting all hysterical over some guy on the internet.

Apparently, yes.

Too bad you weren't closer I'd take you out for some pints and play the sarcasm game.

How do you know where I am.

I find it so easy to get a rise out of people by merely typing a couple of words or saying some snarky but meaningless remark.

Right, only you were the one foaming at the mouth here.

Oh as for what i would do i'd merely point out how rude insensitive and ridiculous the person is and repeat it ad nauseum until they either run away crying or totally snap and show themselves for the snivelling, moronic and hateful person they really are.

Completely delusional too I see.

Oh, and by the by, I don't need to threaten anyone with my Kukri. Just standing in front of them usually does the trick.

Why, are you a big man? It doesn't always work I can tell you that.

For instance I can high kick at least a foot higher than I am myself.

Big men have made such mistakes before. Down they went.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I found the "outburst" very inappropriate,over the top, and uncalled for.
people are threatened all the time many being much worse than what this troll did...because the subject was Sandy Hook is what I find suspicious.
That's pretty outrageous coming from a mod

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I see you are practicing for our pints at the pub. Nice! I don't need to know where you are but you do know where I am and where to find me so stop by anytime. First ones on me.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I've been called worse, who cares? Equating comments on the internet to harassment is absurd. People call me names and threaten me on facebook all the time, and I got my real face and my real name on there. Boohoo. Don't trigger me.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IPFreely101

Just to clarify who my reply is to.(Failed to quote for some reason).

I see you are practicing for our pints at the pub. Nice! I don't need to know where you are but you do know where I am and where to find me so stop by anytime. First ones on me.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

a reply to: Calalini

Nope.

I just want to see the asshole who is doing this bought out into the street by a mob and beaten to a bloody pulp as an example to others of what epic moronic stupidity can bring about, before someone double taps a bullet through his/her head, and for anyone who defends what they are doing and who propagates this particular conspiracy theory to be rounded up into a field and napalmed.

Bloodthirsty? Definitely, but there is no problem with me saying that according to you - and others in this thread - because I have the freedom to say whatever I want on the internet.

Obviously, I don't want that to happen, because I'm not a rampant psycopath - I'd just like to see Twitter track the guy and his ilk down and hand over their details to law enforcement.

However the point stands. Karma is a bitch and the perpetrator of the act, and those who defend it are riding a karma train of epic proportions.

I would like to hand over YOUR details to law enforcement. That has to be the sickest post I have read this year.

"Obviously, I don't want that to happen" Nice disclaimer after spilling your violent emotions. Don't charge him with harassment and ban him from internet access... drag him out to the street so a mob can beat him to a pulp and then shoot him in the head, twice.

What kind of mind even comes up with that *snip*?

Amazing, isn't it?

I reported it immediately, for what it's worth.

And from a "Super Moderator" too.

What a joke.

Well it's good to see ATS' true colours.
:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder how difficult it is for some people to turn away from their computers, turn away from their twitters, turn away from their forums, and end their own so-called abuse.

Are we that sheltered?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I have no problem admitting I reported it as well.

edit on Cpm12Saturday1120152528Sat, 14 Feb 2015 12:11:25 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: standards maintained

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

But @InternetSheriff is unique in that he keeps registering Twitter accounts under Soto’s name, where he spouts theories about how Soto’s family was paid off, or Soto never existed, to anyone who will listen.

All the family has to do is avoid using twitter....

The harasser is impersonating the victim on twitter. That's a personal violation whether she uses twitter or not.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Exactly. One minute you're getting "abused"; the next minute you're eating pork rinds.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Making it easier to trade mark a persons name could give rise to very dangerous censorship practices.

So you shouldn't have the right to your own name on the internet? It should be legally acceptable for someone to assume your identity and libel you online?

If your concern is dangerous censorship practices the psychotic activity described in the OP is one you and everyone else should condemn because that could very easily lead to eventual restrictions on internet activity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join