It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

immigration frustration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So,
I just got home. 2am. 4 hours late. Been traveling for a solid 3 days nonstop. I am talking off a plane onto another onto a bus onto another bus onto another airplane, hotel.....reason for rant, and another plane to another bus.

Next level of delirium.

Juarez city Mexico. If the apocalypse happens and there really is a God....it will start here. This hell hole that is a dolled up POS desert town in the freaking far north of Mexico is the only damned place on earth where I can process my wifes visa. My pregnant ass wife has to go here because .....reasons.

so anyways, I am a diligent little ant. Our case has been approved. My wifes case has two beautiful stamps that say approved. I have every piece of correspondence in duplicate. They have every thing they asked for in triplicate, translated, with certified originals. I was told several times after many phone calls that we were good to go. Bring pictures. Thats all.

We show up....hey guess what. You need two forms that take 3 months to get through on a good year. My wife is 7 months and a half pregnant. The form used to be filled out there. Right there in a little building where an office for that same magical government agency still occupies. They only process medical emergency cases there.

I have to go home. Fill this crap out. Send it and ask for it to be expidited with evidence. I now realize the F-ing bible of evidence for everything that is our lives that I now must document, compile and send in yesterdy. As if the god damned fact that I am an American and she is my family is not reason enough. My child has the right to have her family being together ASAP as well. I would think a little consideration to those of OUR PEOPLE, who do things the right way is not a perk. Its natural right and common loyalty. I feel betrayed.

Some foreign person could cross some BS bridge on the border and provoke their kids birth. My cab driver to the airport did it twice apparently. Thanks to him for the advice.....at this point..... If the motber was on the american side of the bridge she would be driven to an american hospital and the kid would be American. But me sitting in front of them with everything in order am a dumbass that is asking for too much. I am just now remembering the lady pretending to be deaf and strange at the other bullet proof glass...getting her break....

They are going to make my son a Mexican born citizen thanks to this BS. He will be a US citizen sure. But for the rest of his life his birth certificate will read Mexico.

I will never do things the 100% honest way. If the only option for me is to be one of the violators of the law in order to get the consideration necessary to function in our civilization. ...the one I would think MY GOVERNMENT is obliged to offer me....a citizen in good standing.

Fine.

I asked. I went to the useless million dollar office. Sat in front of bullet proof glass speaking to a nice lady who has the power to do nothing. She has the power to ask. The dick she asks doesnt even look you in the eyes when he denies you. He must be busy doing something REALLY time consuming. 1minute for a fellow american in a bind on his door step is not reason enough. "They said "I am sorry" I say BS. If you are sorry its because you care. You deny me and favor the stranger though. Fine.

I deny you.

My government is not loyal
edit on 2 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I feel for you, I really do.....

But what made you think our government gave two fusks about you?
edit on 14-2-2015 by AprilFooseball because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
That's the thing with this amnesty and immigration stuff ... those who go through proper channels and do things the right way get screwed, while those who do things illegally get rewarded.

That being said - I have always wanted to visit Mexico but now I'll never get to. I would love to visit the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe as well as the ancient ruins
edit on 2/14/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Oh I didnt. Its more the people themselves that sometimes make up the government itself. The "people" you deal with. I thought we were a more loyal people. If the rules allow for grace but you give it to others....I then feel betrayed by the people beyond the bullet proof glass who dont help. Well, they help everyone they feel like.

My fellow american working a government job. Him. Thats the government for me today. He was. He was my government, not some far off thing in a Unseen capital.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

That's why I couldn't do his job. Every man/woman or man and woman would get a free pass to citizenship from me....just because they are trying to do it the right way.

I don't completley understand your fustration, because I have never been in your situation, but I wish you and yours the best.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 14-2-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

I am sure its hard and has infinite nuances I will never understand. All I know is that this is new and it is crap and I dont like it.

At least look me in the eyes.

But what ever. I will find a way to make it work. Thanks man.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Lol. Yeah I hear you. I think I just have to do things with a cold mind and with a good lawyer. The truth is I MORE than qualify. I am just blown away that I wasnt looked at twice.

This situation is their freaking main reason for existing. !!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
But they dont care man let me tell you something if my wife were preggo id raise hell to get her in the states another option is you can tell her when her water breaks to goto american consulate i heard as long as baby is born inside the building he would be considered American?? Im trying to come up w options a reply to: tadaman

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Sorry double post

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thats f#@king harsh. You try to to do things the proper way and get screwed for it. Ive herd similar cases in the u.k like yours, yet 1000's cross boarders ileagally daily and they're not bothering to tackle that problem. I feel for you man. I wish you all the luck in the world in sorting out this problem and having you family together in one place.
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have brought this issue up a great number of times. There is no excuse for illegals to get away with what all that they get away with, while citizens take a back seat! I wish you all the luck in the world! I am proud of you and your wife for doing things through the proper channel. You are respected for that.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes and give an update.

I am on a good track going about gathering evidence and forming a case for my wifes petition for expedited paperwork to go through. In the end this may all prove to be a good thing. Who knows. Maybe she will get here exactly when she is supposed to and its all better for us anyways in a way I am not seeing now.

In any event I am working on it. Its going swimmingly. You guys made me feel really good the other day, so thanks.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Glad to hear things are going well for you and your wife!

top topics

join