It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do all Christians have blind faith?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

by biblically, i meant from a biblical standpoint. since that's the only viewpoint i can address from a
"many gods" perspective without assuming stuff i have no evidence for (like i believe some aspects of biblical texts are egyptian religion in disguise, but not all of it, so i can only address those parts that are biblical, cause that's the only thing i have evidence for.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Let me put it like this. You are to God as Clark Kent is to Superman. God is a name that some people have given to a part of us that is underneath the surface, sort of like how Kal-el is underneath Clark. Waiting, watching.

Suppose one day this extraordinary, Divine, Transpersonal part of us shows itself to you. Now you know it's there, deep inside you. Now you're freaked out.

So you try to wrap your head around it. What sort of tools does your culture, your upbringing, your temperament give you to do that with? Which mythos resonates with you? Which cultural narrative can accommodate your experience? Can you trust that narrative? Can you trust yourself? Can you trust Superman? Will he be there when you need him? What does it want from you?

Having an eye that sees Superman under Clark does not eliminate the need to trust your chosen narrative, or your hidden self. You still need faith, even though it isn't quite as blind as the faith of those who have never seen their inner Superman. Anyway, hope that helps.

👣

edit on 590SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoFebuSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

While Im sure that you have already classified my faith as blind, I assure you that my faith is not blind. I watch for signs, and have been given the key to knowing the prophecies according to the biblical calendar. I also study the bible in a way that I did not know could be done. No, my faith is anything but blind, for it was God who gave me eyes to see. We walk by faith (the true vision) because the world keeps us blind.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Thanks for joining in.

The bible is of this world and was promoted by those of this world, I fail to see how it can give you eyes to see when you say the world is what blinds us.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You are seeing what there is to see by being the floodlight. The person you think you are never appears in the floodlight. The separate person is no where to be seen.
It's just a play of light.

The 'world' is a concept, which arises, made of abstract thought (words). As soon as there is belief in the concept the non conceptual seems to disappear.

Imagine a tv screen, prior to switching it on there is nothing appearing on it - when the tv is on, the screen is replaced by moving light but the screen never goes anywhere. No moving light image can appear without the screen - the moving light grabs the attention and the screen is generally overlooked.
The screen of awareness is ever presently full of moving light.

edit on 14-2-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes, I agree. No one has ever seen the face of God, no one has ever seen what lies within them. We are both the projector and the movie, both giving and receiving light, both the music and the radio, the receiver and transmitter. Both the director and the actors.

Thanks for joining in brother.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You assume that the bible is of this world because it was penned by man, but the data is very supernatural, and was transmitted by God to man. You will see very soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There's nothing supernatural about the bible, it's a tree turned into a book with ink written on it. The stories within it may have supernatural stories in them, but all they are is words on a piece of paper.

Yes, the bible is of this world, to deny that is ignorance. Everything that went into the making of the bible is of this world, even the men who wrote it and the men who pushed it onto the people through death threats.

1 John 2
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Are you saying the bible is not in the world?
edit on 2/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There's nothing supernatural about the bible, it's a tree turned into a book with ink written on it. The stories within it may have supernatural stories in them, but all they are is words on a piece of paper.

Im going to be blunt with you. That was an arrogant statement made from a possition of willfull ignorance fuelled by cognitive dissonance. I know people who have had severe obvious skeletal deformaties heal instantaniously through faith and prayer. Another believer and I have rediscovered a pattern in the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts that proves that the original message of the Bible has survived generations of translation/retranslation, transcription/retranscription, editing and adulteration. For the most part, the modern translations are extremely accurate given the historical attempts to burry and destroy the scriptures.

I will give you this prophecy for your skepticism. Based on the pattern found in the bible, which also exists in the prophetic words of a modern believer who possesses the gift of prophecy, on 3/21/2015 there will be an escalation of war and global violence that will accelarate the degeneration of this world. Then, on 9/16/2016 you will see....but will you believe?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

And when this "prophecy" doesn't come to pass, will you be humble enough to admit you were wrong? Or will you just push the date back like every other modern day prophet?
edit on 2/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Faith would be a rock rolling down a hill and blind faith is believing a rock is rolling down a hill because someone said the two things exist.
Yes it absolutely takes blind faith just like everyother thing we accept as fact takes some amount of some type of faith to accept it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And when this "prophecy" doesn't come to pass, will you be humble enough to admit you were wrong? Or will you just push the date back like every other modern day prophet?

Dont worry about whether or not it comes to pass. I communicated it, therefore that is my respinsibility. You on the other hand should watch.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So you are denying the world will end? Even science admits that it will.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The only science that says that, is the astrophysicists, who rightly state that the sun will probably blow up in 500 million years after it's life cycle ends. Other than that, barring another ice age or something from space hitting us really hard, it's not likely that the world will come to an end.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes, but the point is that the world will come to an end. Or at least, according to the understanding we have of how the sun and other stars operate in their life cycles ... it will eventually destroy the world resulting in an apocalypse for whatever life happens to be here at the time.

So, ergo, there will be an apocalypse eventually for the planet, if not the species of homo sapiens, it's likely just a question of which one and when.

Even you don't deny that.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Im going to be blunt with you. That was an arrogant statement made from a possition of willfull ignorance fuelled by cognitive dissonance. I know people who have had severe obvious skeletal deformaties heal instantaniously through faith and prayer. Another believer and I have rediscovered a pattern in the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts that proves that the original message of the Bible has survived generations of translation/retranslation, transcription/retranscription, editing and adulteration. For the most part, the modern translations are extremely accurate given the historical attempts to burry and destroy the scriptures.

I will give you this prophecy for your skepticism. Based on the pattern found in the bible, which also exists in the prophetic words of a modern believer who possesses the gift of prophecy, on 3/21/2015 there will be an escalation of war and global violence that will accelarate the degeneration of this world. Then, on 9/16/2016 you will see....but will you believe?

I flagged the thread in preparation of discrediting these dates after the fact.

Don't get me wrong BP, I desperately hope you are correct. & you are not the only person saying March-September.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: ketsuko

The only science that says that, is the astrophysicists, who rightly state that the sun will probably blow up in 500 million years after it's life cycle ends. Other than that, barring another ice age or something from space hitting us really hard, it's not likely that the world will come to an end.

~Tenth

The "world as we know it" ending wouldn't be that much different to regular old "World" ending.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Saying the world will end in a year or two is not the same as saying the sun will expand and engulf the Earth in millions of years.

Earth will not be here forever, that much is obvious. I never said it would be.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I know people who have had severe obvious skeletal deformaties heal instantaniously through faith and prayer.

If that's true, and god is true, I now like the guy even less. This demonstrates he answers some prayers. Heals some people. Whereas the majority go unanswered. You think it's great he healed those skeletal deformities yet somehow you're not upset by all the people who pray, in even more dire situation than that!, and nothing... nothing at all. Odd.

Fortunately I don't believe that. Nor do I believe you know people who were healed in that way.

the modern translations are extremely accurate

Except of course the modern translations that use the word 'homosexual'
That's very much not 'extremely accurate'. The concept of sexual orientation itself is relatively new, and did not exist in Biblical times. Not the understanding of orientation being that of underlying processes of attraction. Back then they had words to describe sex acts themselves. The inclusion of the word 'homosexual' in many modern translations is both inaccurate to the original source material and indicative of an agenda.

Let's take 1 Corinthians 6:9 ESV:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality.

"nor men who practice homosexuality". Let's look at this same verse from a Latin translation much much closer to the source material:

an nescitis quia iniqui regnum Dei non possidebunt nolite errare neque fornicarii neque idolis servientes neque adulteri

Do ye not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators , nor idolaters, nor adulterers

Interesting

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Nor do I believe you know people who were healed in that way.

I understand that you dont know me, and for that reason, you are skeptical, but as a person who truely believes that lying is a sin, what would I have to gain by lying? By accusing me, you have brought judgement upon yourself.

I dont know why God heals some, and not others, but who are you to judge? Do you know each individual man's heart? What if a healed person threw away their gift for a life of arrogance? Did it ever occur to you that some people (not all) are suffering from their own irresponsibilities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join