It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000 Muhammad Art And Cartoon Contest To Be Held At Site Of ‘Stand With The Prophet’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Then you associate with the wrong people if they tolerate such actions.

Personally, I've never met anyone like that.

The direction of this thread is that these people should not be allowed to have such a contest, or if they do it is expected that their lives will be ended soon after.

Everyone misdirecting at Jews or Christians need to bend over and take it some more. The Jihadists have beaten them into submission.

This contest should be a weekly occurrence in every publication in every free nation.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If one of the purposes of terrorism is to change the behavior of Westerners, then it is important that people continue to do things that they have the legal right (and the civic responsibility) to do in the Western world. People have the right to make fun of Jesus and they do. Are they motivated by hate? It is offensive to many, but it is part of our freedom of speech. Satirists make fun of things other people consider sacred because they have something to say that they think is important. If we all stop making fun of islam and it's prophet then the terrorists win. Once you give up one freedom, others will follow. Immigrants need to adapt to their new countries. They shouldn't expect those countries to adapt to them.

Sal
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
These people are trolls if you ask me..just because you can doesn't mean you should..an attempt to antagonize to what end.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
These people are trolls if you ask me..just because you can doesn't mean you should..an attempt to antagonize to what end.

Tell that to the ones that murder because they can in the name of Islam.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You equate expectation to acceptance?

You sound like a lost cause.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are alot of scumbags on this shi%%y planet, all of them can go to hell. Are they sending the pictures only to ISIL?
These people can do as they please..but I don't agree with it.

edit on 13-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

So by your dim witted view, you should go down to predominantly black areas dressed as a KKK member. You have the right to free expression no?

Just because you can use a keyboard doesn't mean you should

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Everyone misdirecting at Jews or Christians need to bend over and take it some more.

Yes because Jews and Christians shouldn't be treated like the Muslims should they? This America dude where everyone is supposed to be treated equally and if some idiot wants to hold a contest for the sole purpose of offending Muslims then they should hold contests for the Jews and Christians as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Tell that to people like Geller who spreads her hate under the name Freedom of Speech.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The direction of this thread is that these people should not be allowed to have such a contest, or if they do it is expected that their lives will be ended soon after.

No one has said that.

When people respond to terrorism with hatred toward an entire religion, as Geller has, the terrorists actually win. Congratulations to her (and you) for perpetuating the idea that all Muslims are guilty for the actions of a few.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm all about Freedom of Speech, but spreading hate is not the way to go. It's very immature on her part and just shows what kind of person she is. I feel she is starting a fire without the proper tools to put it out.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
ITT: Everyone getting butt hurt about what this lady is doing, but cheered Charlie Hebdo on. What's the real issue? the paintings or the contest? Or that its happening in the US.

Sniff sniff I smell hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ya lets poke the bear and then get angry when when it mauls you!!!

All in the name of a pissing contest.

10k?! How about you donate that to charity and people just do this for the principle if that is what it is really about

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Don't try and equate this to what Hebdo was doing, nothing even close.

Hebdo went after everyone, he didn't just target one particular group in the name of hate.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Hebdo went after everyone, he didn't just target one particular group in the name of hate.

Yet Hebdo is the one that they went after and killed. The Islamists made a statement by going after him instead of going after others. They silenced him now people want to silence everyone else. The only thing missing from this thread is a big Nazi or Isis flag to symbolize the oppression people are onboard with.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Actually, you make a great point; Hebdo went after ALL religions.

Question to all:
Was their record-selling cover issued immediately after the shootings which AGAIN showed the Prophet Muhammad in caricature...

Gratuitous muck-raking?
Revenge?
Issued to make a statement of support for victims?
Issued to protest the attackers?
Issued to restate their freedom of speech?

It's a fine line here, as to the motivations behind the use of ANY perceived inflammatory art. AND, of course, terms such as 'inflammatory' and 'justified'...are universally subjective.

edit on 13-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Charlie Hebdo isn't a him...

Charlie Hebdo is an it...

You can't kill an imaginary person.

Charlie Hebdo's Founder (because it's a magazine, not a him) even said that the attack was provoked by the artists.

Again, expectation & predictability is not the same as acceptance & excusing.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie Hebdo isn't a him...

Charlie Hebdo is an it...

You can't kill an imaginary person.

Charlie Hebdo's Founder (because it's a magazine, not a him) even said that the attack was provoked by the artists.

Again, expectation & predictability is not the same as acceptance & excusing.

So the "attack was provoked" you are going with? That is an excuse that you apparently accept. No cartoon can provoke a killing, ever. Cartoons are not real. The motive to kill existed long before any cartoon was penned of their prophet. The cartoon was just a convenience to act on their goals to oppress and dictate from an ill perceived supreme position over humanity.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes what they did as a follow up was completely fine and warranted.
This is a response to rally for religious freedom in the US that harmed no one.

Again, not the same thing by any means.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So, I take it you didn't read a word of that post you just quoted?

Here's the irony...

I expected such a response... & I do not accept it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join