It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000 Muhammad Art And Cartoon Contest To Be Held At Site Of ‘Stand With The Prophet’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well,...this is interesting. I have to say that these people have got guts...although, they may just be stupid.
Their poster advertising the event (After Norman Rockwell)...is pretty clever and funny. media.breitbart.com...

What say you ATS artists; are you interested in going for that $10,000 Prize?...Would you protest this event...or would you stay as far away from it as possible? Do you think these people are just causing trouble...or truly standing up for free speech?
Certainly a good way to smoke out any ISIS members embedded in the country...Although, the winner should probably pick up his prize money anonymously.

Pamela Geller is planning a “Draw the Prophet” event in Garland, Texas in the same location as a Muslim group held a “Stand with the Prophet” conference in January.

Geller’s event comes on the wake of the Islamic terrorist attack on the French magazine Charlie Hebdo in January. Following the attack, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) scheduled the “Stand with the Prophet” conference at the public school district’s conference center.

The contest will take submissions online and the winner will be announced at the event in Garland. The winning cartoonist will receive a $10,000 prize. The exhibit will feature images of Islam’s prophet in both historical and contemporary settings. There will also be a series of speeches by internationally renowned free-speech advocates.

MORE:
www.breitbart.com...[edi tby]edit on 13-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hopefully Hank Hill will be one of the judges.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Gellar is an Islam hater. Period. She groups all Muslims into the same group as terrorists or jihadis. She's one of the right-wing nutjobs that warns against Sharia Law, etc.

Having said that, I hope she has a great time instigating more hatred. And I'd like to see her response if people organized a "Let's make fun of Jesus, God and the Virgin Mary" rally at the same place...
edit on 2/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm all for satirists, newspapers, etc. illustrating Mohammad for some journalistic purpose...but this contest seems like dare or taunt to me. We know Muslims take huge offense to depictions of their prophet and this just seems like an immature thing to do in the name of freedom of speech.

It's perfectly legal to call someone's child an offensive name, but is it right to have a contest to see who can come up with the most offensive name?
edit on 2/13/2015 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

With all the anti Islam and anti Muslim propaganda permeating western culture I'm not surprised when they respond with their own propaganda.

Thats why its so important that we isolate extremism from Islam and Muslim religions and treat the extremist as criminals and not focus on the fact that they happen to be Muslims.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
so they are purposely trying to offend another religious group for no other reason than to try to be offensive enough to provoke and incite anger...

Stay classy, Texas...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why can't they just leave the Muslims alone? That's not a lot to ask for!

Some realy stupid spitefull people about,that's a real shame

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

I agree. I firmly defend the right to free expression and I firmly condemn acts of violence against the people that choose to exercise that right. But this is obviously taunting. Something that shouldn't be done given the current tension level around this issue.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
obviously intended to stir up hate, however unless muslims are forced to come and see the pictures I dont see why they should be so offended.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Of course it's Pamela Geller's idea...

The notorious Islamophobe who influenced Anders Breivik...

Anyone who thinks this is a freedom of speech issue...

T&Cs restrict the description befitting the claim!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Aww mate some people think freedom of speech allows you to become an rsole! It's their right to say what they like no matter how offensive it it to others

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am a Christian, and just as much as those hateful fundlemenalists embarrass me, so do people like this.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If I had a terminal illness, I would go out there and kill some of the dumbasses and haters like Geller. In fact, I'd form a whole force and call us the Terminati *copyrighted and clean up this stupid world.

All I can say is...why?

ETA: I hope that didn't make me sound crazy! But I've about had it with this BS.
edit on 2/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
obviously intended to stir up hate, however unless muslims are forced to come and see the pictures I dont see why they should be so offended.

Actually, I think you have a great point. I am for free speech...and it is a right that must be exercised to maintain it's viability...but it should never be used gratuitously to create and provoke hatred.

Throughout history artists have used their medium to express their personal objection of what they considered to be corrupt and unjust systems, institutions or regimes... Da Vinci and Michelangelo subtly did so, where the Catholic church was concerned. Goya and Picasso also used their art to express their political disdain.

Art is a beautiful gift to humanity for creating new thought, constructive passion and enlightenment.
When it is used to provoke or inflame hatred, it's beauty (literally and figuratively) is corrupted.

edit on 13-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
DRAW A JEW ART CONTEST.

People are encouraged to draw pictures of JEWS or any other race or religion that finds it offensive and lets show them how awesome we are as a country.........

To be deliberately offensive is how these Americans and "intellectuals" show their true colours. What hypocrites.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
childish and attention seeking.
I am no fan of islam, i feel that it's the face of terrorism at least in these modern times and we should enable moderate muslism to take over and bring back the sanity.
But this is provocation that needlessly offends possibly millions of peaceful muslims for no good reason.
Just don't get angry at the snake for biting you after you poked it with a stick

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Good for them.
First one that sketches the murderous militant warlord riding a camel the wrong way is a shoe in for the prize money.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You truly are a shepherd for the sheep!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The only tolerance that seems to be acceptable is for the ones who murder cartoonists.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Then you associate with the wrong people if they tolerate such actions.

Personally, I've never met anyone like that.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join