It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000 Muhammad Art And Cartoon Contest To Be Held At Site Of ‘Stand With The Prophet’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There is no other reason for this but provoking Muslims.
She is as moronic as the Westboro baptist troll.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

She's one of the right-wing nutjobs that warns against Sharia Law, etc.

So issuing or heeding warnings about Sharia Law makes you a right wing nutjob? Interesting. Would you be ok with living under strict Sharia Law? How would you feel about living in Saudi Arabia, where you wouldn't even be allowed to drive?

Having said that, I hope she has a great time instigating more hatred.

How is this inciting hatred? Seems like more of a statement to me.

And I'd like to see her response if people organized a "Let's make fun of Jesus, God and the Virgin Mary" rally at the same place...

The difference is that I don't think many people would be afraid of violent reprisals if such an event were to be held. Protesters might show up, but they probably wouldn't have AK-47's or suicide vests. Big difference, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Do you think these people are just causing trouble...or truly standing up for free speech?

I believe they are causing unnecessary trouble because if they really cared about free speech than all those protest such as Occupy Movement, Bundy Ranch, etc. that became squashed through violent opposition by their own government who took those rights of free speech away would of started back up and remained moving instead of becoming a past movement.

Some Americans it seems do not care about free speech when it comes to the betterment of society and for important meaningful causes. Some factions only hide behind the ideology of free speech when it gives them a chance to display animosity and bigotry.

I personally do NOT see anything wrong with making a caricature of Mohammed, but to do so in America and use free speech as the reason when there are more pressing issues in the states to speak up about just does not make any sense.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
10000$ !
That's a smaller prize-money than what the Iranians offers for their version of the event :

Iranian institutions to hold cartoon contest on The Holocaust

edit on 13-2-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
So issuing or heeding warnings about Sharia Law makes you a right wing nutjob?

That's not what I said. SHE is a right-wing nutjob and SHE warns against Sharia law.

Would you be ok with living under strict Sharia Law?

No. I'm not Muslim.

How would you feel about living in Saudi Arabia, where you wouldn't even be allowed to drive?

And that has WHAT to do with this topic?

How is this inciting hatred?

If you don't see that, I'm afraid I can't help you...

edit on 2/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
10000$ !
That's a smaller prize-money than what the Iranians offers for their version of the event :

Iranian institutions to hold cartoon contest on The Holocaust

Wow...I hadn't seen this one. It's great to see Iran finally embracing Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression.
I guess those of us who either condemn or praise the organizers of the event in Texas...should do so in like measure with the Iranian organizers, as well.
Fair?

edit on 13-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It's great to see Iran finally embracing Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression.

Iran is one of the most liberal places to live. Their counter culture is on par with western nations. But, that can never be realized by those who rely on being spoon fed their geopolitical views from the media.

Most Americans will live their entire lives without ever seeing the world...yet, so many speak as if they are well travelled.

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup, was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran Mohammad Mosaddegh on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name 'Operation Boot') and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).[3][4][5][6]

It's great to see Iran finally embracing Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression...."

Yup....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Since these terror groups are almost always coming straight out of islam-then how could (a rational) person NOT think that it is the fault of islam?

It would be like me saying that "the SS were merely extremists and didn't represent the majority of the Nazi regime"-or "it's bigotry to lump the oh so peaceful Nazis together with the SS."

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

No it would be like you saying the SS represented all the german people.
Or that nazis in general represented all of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Iranian Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression?
If true...then please explain this:

‘Happy’ Dancers Arrested, Abused in Iran

Six young Iranians made a YouTube video in Tehran dancing to Pharrell Williams’s hit. For that crime they were jailed, humiliated on national TV, and the women strip-searched.

According to a source close to the group, police raided the home of artist and photographer Rayhaneh Taravati on Sunday, May 18. The officers covered the peephole so that their faces would be obscured, and Taravati opened the door. Armed police streamed inside, bashing and damaging everything in sight, videotaping all the while. Taravati’s paintings and photographs were destroyed.

They took Rayhaneh and her friends to the Vozara police station, where they were not permitted to use toilet facilities, and were transferred to solitary confinement on the second day. Police interrogated the group extensively about their video clip and comments to foreign media, including this publication. During their detention the young women were forced to strip naked and perform squats in front of female police officers.

www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 13-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Iranian Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression?
If true...then please explain this:

I will explain it this way:

U.S. Park Police arrested five people on Saturday at the Jefferson Memorial. Their offense? Dancing.

The dancers were protesting an appeals court ruling handed down last week that the national monuments are places for reflection and contemplation -- and that dancing distracted from such an experience.

Same shinola different pile...

The entire point of my previous post was to shed light on the matter that the U.S made Iran what it is today in order to gain access to Iranian oil. Well documented fact and plenty of resources online to verify this.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mr.Pot meet Mr. Kettle...

edit on 13-2-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Freedom of speech and expression comes wit responsbility. This is not responsible...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm of two minds on this.

For one, I don't like to propagate hate and I do know Muslims that would never kill a fly. They can't all be grouped together, and even with my insistent attacks on Christians, I know Christians that do love everyone and support gay marriage and know the earth is older than 6-10 thousand years old.

But, the extremist muslims that like to blow themselves up and kill children and want to kill me if I draw the fake prophet Mohammed. That really rubs me the wrong way, and I fully support this event.

I can't seem to reconcile my two points of view on this. My head's going to explode. Why should Islam be the only religion that will kill me if I draw their leader?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Obama arrested the 'offensive' youtube video filmmaker over causing Benghazi...so I suppose he'll be rounding up these artists in Texas, as well. Same deal.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I looked back at all the posts and posters defending "the Christ figure in a jar of urine" threads.

I found the dichotomy interesting.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
eh...Not really a 'Top Shelf' analogy, Involutionist....but, for what it's worth, thanks for putting in your $0.02
edit on 13-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I agree with everyone.....cartoons of the "prophet" are so offensive.
Why not portray muhhamad in a serious historical painting as opposed to caricatures?
I would choose the one where he married an 8 year old....
What a wonderful man, the "prophet"....so what if he was a sociopathic pedophile....details, details

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I looked back at all the posts and posters defending "the Christ figure in a jar of urine" threads.

I found the dichotomy interesting.

link please!

edit on 13-2-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Happy reading:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I think its a great idea. Muslims living in a secular society need to learn how to tolerate actions that offend their faith. I have every right to depict Muhammad in any way I choose. I also have the right to do that without threat of violence or death from people who say I cannot do that. Their rules and beliefs mean exactly nothing to me. This is an important fact due to the nature of the secular society we live in. By preventing people from freely depicting images of Muhammad muslims are directly forcing their religious beliefs on others. In a society with freedom of speech and religion that behavior violates both principles.

I want to see thousands of Muhammad drawings! For no other reason than to express our right to draw what we choose.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join