It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000 Muhammad Art And Cartoon Contest To Be Held At Site Of ‘Stand With The Prophet’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's very ironical to consider this as a form of freedom of speech.
It's about state sponsored revisionism ... I'm definitly not sure it should be the way to go.

But at least, with this initiative, everybody receives the same (non-violent) treatment.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You are most welcome. Btw, what did you think of my very first reply in your thread where I answered your question directly? Any thoughts....? Too difficult to tackle...? Too top shelf...?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-2-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

You are most welcome. Btw, what did you think of my very first reply in your thread where I answered your question directly? Any thoughts....? Too difficult to tackle...? Too top shelf...?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry for missing it earlier. I think you make a good point, as it reflects what I said about 'motivation' being important behind the creation of anything.

I can only make a calculated assumption as to the specific motivation behind the creation of this contest, based upon the past words and deeds of it's creator/organizer. In so doing, I have to logically attribute a high degree of maliciousness to it's purpose, given it's brainchild.

That said, I support the right for anyone to put this event forward, as Art (IMO) is always greater than it's original concept; once expressed, it becomes a partnership between it's creator and those who experience it.
In this specific situation, the above understanding, would, I believe, be true for the individual works of art submitted and displayed in the contest, as it would be for the creation of the contest itself.

Perception of a creation by observers (for better or worse) is as important and valid as the ideology behind it.
In other words, I have a right to object to and/or avoid it, even though I accept your right to create it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire (Attributed)

Problems arise when an individual or group bastardize the above sentiment, by turning it into to something such as:

"I disapprove of what you say, and will kill you for exercising your right to say it."

edit on 15-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire (Attributed)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Great quote...and thank you.

If the TRUE purpose and motivation behind this 'Draw Muhammad' contest is to make the statement:
'Violent Muslim Fundamentalism Jihad doesn't RULE over us'...then I support it.

If it's true motivation and purpose is to gratuitously foster hatred...then I do not support it.
edit on 15-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This I agree with and see you eye to eye on the matter. Starred that comment.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

Well, that went great...hate up be right about some predictions

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Apparently ISIS just claimed responsibility for the attack.

After the attack, the SITE Intelligence Group reported that an Islamic State fighter claimed on Twitter that the shooting was carried out by two pro-Isis individuals.

In a series of tweets and links, a jihadist named as Abu Hussain AlBritani, which SITE said was British IS fighter Junaid Hussain, claimed that '2 of our brothers just opened fire' at the Prophet Muhammad exhibition in Texas.

'They Thought They Was Safe In Texas From The Soldiers of The Islamic State,' added the tweet.
Other ISIS supporters claimed on Twitter that one of the gunmen was a man calling himself Shariah Is Light on the social media site, using the now-suspended account name @atawaakul, according to New York Times reporter Rukmini Callimachi.

He had posted a message earlier that said 'the bro with me and myself have given bay'ah [oath] to Amirul Mu'mineen [ISIS leader Al Baghdadi]. May Allah accept us as mujahideen #texasattack'.

www.dailymail.co.uk... Muhammad.html

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Great quote...and thank you.

If the TRUE purpose and motivation behind this 'Draw Muhammad' contest is to make the statement:
'Violent Muslim Fundamentalism Jihad doesn't RULE over us'...then I support it.

If it's true motivation and purpose is to gratuitously foster hatred...then I do not support it.

Americans DO have a right to dislike Islam, it's a "free country". Political correctness is slowly taking our free speech from us. Americans can and should criticize Islam. Freedom of speech is slowly being revised to mean, "unless it offends someone",

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

She's one of the right-wing nutjobs that warns against Sharia Law, etc.

So issuing or heeding warnings about Sharia Law makes you a right wing nutjob? Interesting. Would you be ok with living under strict Sharia Law? How would you feel about living in Saudi Arabia, where you wouldn't even be allowed to drive?

Having said that, I hope she has a great time instigating more hatred.

How is this inciting hatred? Seems like more of a statement to me.

And I'd like to see her response if people organized a "Let's make fun of Jesus, God and the Virgin Mary" rally at the same place...

The difference is that I don't think many people would be afraid of violent reprisals if such an event were to be held. Protesters might show up, but they probably wouldn't have AK-47's or suicide vests. Big difference, don't you think?

You can't live under sharia law in the U.S. You can't circumvent U.S. laws that way. It's a buzz the right uses to try and scare people that their way of life is being compromised by "the evil Muslims". I'd be much more in fear of right wing Christians who want to impose their will on women's bodies. Rightwing Christians much more of a danger to us freedoms than any Islamic whacko.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

yes contraceptives are much more of a threat than people who will kill you if you dont agree with their religious beliefs.....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah that's what I said Christians who will kill doctors for not following THEIR religious beliefs! Weren't you listening?

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I.S.I.S.

is extremely dangerous

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Yeah that's what I said Christians who will kill doctors for not following THEIR religious beliefs! Weren't you listening?

nice trolling bruh,

You know for a fact the death toll between those two isnt even in the same ball park...

but keep up the good work, youre earning your payroll trying to push Christians off as the real threat.....only the very stupid, or the very bigoted would buy that line
edit on 5/4/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So dangerous that they shot a cop in the foot?!

Run for the hills!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

So dangerous that they shot a cop in the foot?!

Run for the hills!

lol i laughed out loud at work on that, had to star

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So, where are we really. I'm looking ahead to what most people think they know will happen in the future. The fact is, Christian, Jew or other, won't be a problem for the system. Only Islam will. In the future only Islam will stand against world domination by the one world government. Within the basics of Islam, only God is worthy of worship. For the others, they have taken other gods as worship, as their religions will be diluted to fit within the system.

Sharia Law, what do people know of it. Not much perhaps. Do people think that any of the Middle Eastern or other Muslim countries live by it. Categorically they do not. Sharia Law breaks democracy and capitalism. Democracy because the leadership should never be given to those who ask for it seeking to control others rather than to serve them. Capitalism because making money should never be more important than the lives of people, whatever their religion.

Banking as we know it would not exist under Sharia Law, no usury, no gambling markets (stock markets etc). Care for the elderly and the weak of society - compulsory. If anyone looks at the Muslim world, it would be obvious that what they project is not the Islam of old, the kings and dictators are the very thing Islam came to eradicate. Where learning, understanding and the denial of the ignorance which leads man to worship others or their desires was important. These nations cannot even conquer their own nations hearts and minds, they surely are not a threat to the west.

Absorb what is useful - to bash Sharia Law, which by the way is not just criminal law, but is for every aspect of life, from business dealings to creating a safe infrastructure for people to live in, stops people from understanding what it really is. Thus if there were any good ideas in there, they wouldn't discover them, which is convenient if you read the above paragraphs.

People by their nature have a problem with truth. A drunkard staggering in the street proclaiming 'Don't drink, it is evil', would be ignored by most people, some would think him a hypocrite as he drinks himself, how many would receive the wisdom in what he was saying and feel sorry to see a human being in such a condition?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have one q for you guys. How many of you would have defended Hitler and his freedom of speech back in the 30's?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Since 1993, right wing Christians have been responsible for 9 deaths involving abortion clinic bombings. NINE.
In November 2014, Muslims killed over 5,000 people....that's one month....so spare me your moral relativism because it is obtuse to say the very least.
I refuse to submit to an ideology long since bereft of humanity and bent on the subjugation of women and the genocide of homosexuals.
www.worldmag.com...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Gilad Atzmon US tour starts in NYC May 6

Hello everybody,
From tomorrow I will be visiting many cities all over the US signing a new book I co-wrote with legendary cartoonist Enzo Apicella.
A lot of controversy to follow…Books will be available for purchase ahead of publication at the events.
The first event is, Tomorrow, Wednesday May 6, NYC. An historic dialogue between ultra orthodox Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro and yours truly:
Please spread the message and come and bring your friends

Gilad Atzmon

Hope this event will not trigger any similar reaction ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join