It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: Leaders agree peace roadmap

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Rebel leaders refuse to sign agreement in Minsk: TASS cites source

(Reuters) - Leaders of pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have refused to sign an agreement in Minsk, TASS news agency quoted a source as saying on Thursday.

The arrival at talks in the Belarussian capital Minsk of two leaders of the rebel-held Donetsk and Luhansk regions in eastern Ukraine had raised hopes of an agreement, aimed at ending fighting in a conflict that has killed more than 5,000 people.

Is anyone able to find the original TASS article?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It ain't showing up, how long is that article up?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

It ain't showing up, how long is that article up?

Its a Reuters article and was posted

MOSCOW Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:59am EST

The link comes up for me.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Is anyone able to find the original TASS article?

Yours is from 7:59 UTC and this one is from 10:11 UTC from TASS...

Leaders of Ukraine's self-proclaimed republics sign documents on Donbas settlement

And this from even a bit later...

Contact Group on Ukraine members sign adopted measures to fulfil Minsk accords
edit on 13 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I think there has been a mix-up.

The Separatists are called the Militia and there are Militants (Right Sector and other volunteer-punisher battalions).

"Total war" - terrorist Yarosh warns, that the militants of the Right Sector and other volunteer-punisher battalions will not obide by the Minsk agreement.

Source

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

In my opinion that peace talks wouldn't push anything, NO ACTIONS! Russian still delivery weapon for separatists. Because of this talks, Ukraine admit existing of DRL or LRL. Next step of this 'republics' will be a contract about connection with Russia. Crymea case back again...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
G7 ready to adopt sanctions against Minsk agreements’ violators

PARIS, February 14. /TASS/. The Group of Seven (G7) major economies (Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Canada, the United States, France and Japan) is ready to impose sanctions on those who will violate the Minsk agreements, the official statement of the Elysee Palace said on Friday.

"The G7 countries demand that all the sides strictly comply with the provisions of the Minsk agreements that have been signed," the statement by the French president’s administration says.

Source

Are they really want to stop the violence and punish Ukraine too ?

Or is it smoke and mirrors to let Ukraine rebuild its army once again ?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505
a reply to: paraphi

I was reading on ATS how some people are reading US mainstream where they are saying Putin is folding and had no choice

Completely ignoring what the whole world is watching for the last week and a half

But I guess some people get their news from NBC and so forth

Like that is anything new.
Have you seen how Americans post on this forum regarding Russia and Ukraine?
I don't think I've ever come across such delusion and ignorance before.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
Have you seen how Americans post on this forum regarding Russia and Ukraine?

You may want to consider that ATS has quite a diverse nationality base and not everyone is American, and not everyone who takes a contrary view to people such as yourself relies on the mainstream. However, if that narrow minded worldview helps and gives you smug consolation, then hang on to it.

There's plenty of analysis and sources to indicate that Russian meddling in Ukraine is turning into a real problem for Russia. Not least the threat of harder sanctions from the EU and overt support to Ukraine, plus an accelerated move of Ukraine into the European "protectorate".

Oh, I know it's from and English language publication, from Britain where the journalists are not intimidated and murdered, but this article from the Independent newspaper is, I think, balanced. It elaborates on some of the problems this Ukrainian enterprise causing Putin's kleptocracy, against wider social issues.

www.independent.co.uk...

Regards

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

If you read the comment section on not with shill infected places on either German or Dutch MSM new websites regrading the Ukrainian and MH17 tragedies, you will notice about 10% pro MSM view at best (probably round the 5% actually).

So it`s either just as with the Iraq War and WMD, or it`s people with agenda`s.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It`s clear that if Kiev isn`t going to do what it needs to do, we will see the Ukrainian army collapse.

7 hours till cease fire !

Ukraine and rebels have plan B

Google Translate :

KIEV / DONETSK - If the agreement of Minsk is not observed, then have both Ukraine and the rebels in the east of the country a plan B. Petro Poroshenko President sends to the introduction of martial law. The rebels have a view to the entire province (oblast), Donetsk, Russian media reported.

Source

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

- Go in and take out the corrupt government and prevent a long and bloody civil war with the risk of becoming subjected to guerilla attacks by certain fractions in the Ukraine ?

- Or should it stay outside of it and let a bloody civil war take place which mimics the Rwandan Civil War and/or Bosnian War ?

Wait Russia doesn't have a corrupt government, but Ukrainian gov't. that was voted on by the people is corrupt and needs to go...utterly amazing.

As far as the civil war...when did they stay out of it, as you cannot deny the fact the separatists are getting their heavy weapons and artillery from Russia, or is there a magical war fairy that keeps them supplied?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The Russian government may be corrupt but they are none of your business. Why not deal with your own corrupt government? You would point a finger when you should be holding up a mirror.

We have seen the result of the soft power of your NED program. You have no legitimate voice in the matter of Ukraine. The idea of the USA being some sort of defender of sovereignty is really a sick one.

I am from the UK, my own government is no better than yours.

I watch Obama, flanked by Kerry, Biden and co and wonder why anyone would believe or listen to them.

I have no opinion of Putin. In a way I think, what you see is what you get. He has always said he will not allow Crimea to leave Russia's sphere of influence. We don't have to agree with his chosen course of action but the USA's professed outrage is a nonsense and an insult to any right thinking individual. How many dead at the hands of the US? It's important to remember the deadly onslaught in recent years. Men, women and children, hundreds of thousands, conveniently forgot.

Spare us the talk of 'but we never annexed anyone', it would be funny if it wasn't stated as to somehow justify killing more people.

Why not take your guns, your bombs, your foreign policy and your exceptional selves home and deal with your own #.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The Russian government may be corrupt but they are none of your business. Why not deal with your own corrupt government? You would point a finger when you should be holding up a mirror.

We have seen the result of the soft power of your NED program. You have no legitimate voice in the matter of Ukraine. The idea of the USA being some sort of defender of sovereignty is really a sick one.

I am from the UK, my own government is no better than yours.

I watch Obama, flanked by Kerry, Biden and co and wonder why anyone would believe or listen to them.

I have no opinion of Putin. In a way I think, what you see is what you get. He has always said he will not allow Crimea to leave Russia's sphere of influence. We don't have to agree with his chosen course of action but the USA's professed outrage is a nonsense and an insult to any right thinking individual. How many dead at the hands of the US? It's important to remember the deadly onslaught in recent years. Men, women and children, hundreds of thousands, conveniently forgot.

Spare us the talk of 'but we never annexed anyone', it would be funny if it wasn't stated as to somehow justify killing more people.

Why not take your guns, your bombs, your foreign policy and your exceptional selves home and deal with your own #.

Spare you the no anexxation talk huh? The only thing you could say was anexxed in the past was Hawaii to be honest. Now the BRITISH AND Russians have both taken land in the past. Falklands anyone? And Russia used to be way bigger.

Also Both of their kill counts are more than the US so far too.

Start here for russian deaths,and others.

Here this site i think covers almost all countries kill counts.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Spare you the no anexxation talk huh? The only thing you could say was anexxed in the past was Hawaii to be honest. Now the BRITISH AND Russians have both taken land in the past. Falklands anyone?

To be fair to historical accuracy, the Falkland Islands and other possessions in the South Atlantic were uninhabited and occupied on and off several centuries ago by France, Spain and Britain. Drawing parallels between Crimea and the Falklands is scraping the barrel.

To topic. If Russia cannot control the militias/seperatists which have been supported and encouraged, then they have lost control. It's an interesting corner the Russians have been painted in to, because if Russia has lost control of the militias they will be (a) punished with further sanctions and (b) the pressure for overt military support for Ukraine will go up a couple of notches.

However, if most militias abide by the ceasefire, then the renegage groups will be easier to isolate. They key is getting a majority peace.

Regards

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This video from Stratfor summaries the main reason why Kiev Junta is fighting so hard and still fighting despite losing ground............majority of agricultural production is in Novorossiya. Nearly 80% of Industrial production is in Novorossiya. That sums it all up.

www.liveleak.com...

While knowing these facts, Nazis in the western part should have gone for the Customs Union and via this bloc, tried to join the EU down the road. That would have been the best of all scenarios. Idiots, Western Slaves, Nazis, however don't think, they only know how to take orders.

Btw, Dollars and Euros do not grow on trees in the EU !!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

if Russia has lost control of the militias they will be (a) punished with further sanctions and (b) the pressure for overt military support for Ukraine will go up a couple of notches.

Possible that sanctions and arms support can take place. However, now Russia will counter with sanctions of its own and arms support to anti-west hostile parties around the world. Will the "wise heads" in DC, London and Brussels be able to sustain that twist on the geopolitical stage ?

It seems rebels will not stop until they have cleared the "Ukes disease" out of the DPR and LPR provinces.......atleast.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

It seems rebels will not stop until they have cleared the "Ukes disease" out of the DPR and LPR provinces.......atleast.

Yeah, nothing like a bit of ethnic cleansing to make some people happy.

Regards

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Possible that sanctions and arms support can take place. However, now Russia will counter with sanctions of its own and arms support to anti-west hostile parties around the world.

What sanctions do you think Russia can bring to another country?

And hasn't Russia been doing that since the cold war?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

For starters, Russia can ban all the automobiles that it imports from EU, mainly Germany and France. Big market in Russia for new and used autos from these nations.

Russia can ban all the tourists from visiting these nations. The corrupt Russians who have stolen from Kremlin like to visit western capitals for long weekends.

Lots and lots more !!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join