It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: Leaders agree peace roadmap

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
OH look a cease fire. We all know cease fires are just times to re arm and re deploy to better posistions. Putin has paid attention to the israeli/pali conflict i see.

That's just it.. No rebel leadership was at this meeting. Russia represented them and from news reports it looks like Putin had to force this on the rebels.

The west also went ahead with the latest round of sanctions on the Russian / rebels persons on the list. Putin was also told that any failure in this agreement will result in more action being taken by the west.

It seems this is the end of the road for the west in terms of talking and seeing no result from the rebels.[

Also im not sure where some people are getting this but the agreement calls for both sides to withdraw heavy weapons and not just kiev.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It seems all attempts by UAF to unblock the Debaltsevo pocket have failed. NAF will be further squeezing the pocket. In order to distract NAF from putting more pressure on Debaltsevo, the UAF might try to attack other places and Donetsk and Horlivka are high on the list. UAF is already building reserves towards Donetsk.

If UAF attacks Donetsk, then that will be the end of the Minsk 2.0 ceasefire agreement even before it started.

It is also said that Putin walked away from it without signing any papers. Reps from DPR/LPR were not allowed by Kiev. The Minsk 1 was signed by the reps, Kochuma and Russian foreign minister............I think, may be wrong also.

Because this Minsk 2.0 involved big stalwarts like Putin, Merkel, Hollande.............would this mean this ceasefire would hold? Would NAF allow the units from UAF to patrol Donbass and pull whip on this or that? Don't this so.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Minsk 2.0 Bound for Failure

rocksolidpolitics.blogspot.ca...

I agree with this gentleman. On September 5, 2014, in Porky's own words, the heavy machines operatibility of UAF was reduced to 20%. This means only 1 in 5 tanks or APCs in the field were functioning. By middle of January this figure rose to 100%. That's why the stiff defense by UAF was put up and NAF had to suffer some serious losses.

However, NAF was able to overcome the defenses, gain ground and encircle huge numbers in Debaltsevo.

It seems whenever Ukes are ready to be run over, mauled and minced up, the western leaders run to call for cease fire. This is not right for those who threw in their lives and well being.

Kremlin needs to do something about it. One more serious push and take all the Novorossiya provinces. Declare a new state and put an end to all nonsense in what was once a country called Ukraine.

Btw, British APCs named Saxons were sent to Ukes and of them 1 is already for sale on internet. Some General is trying to milk some profits out of this all.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
It is also said that Putin walked away from it without signing any papers. Reps from DPR/LPR were not allowed by Kiev. The Minsk 1 was signed by the reps, Kochuma and Russian foreign minister............I think, may be wrong also.

Putin's signature isn't worth the square of toilet paper it would cover.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: victor7

Putin's signature isn't worth the square of toilet paper it would cover.

Europe warns Russia over Ukraine deal

The agreement to end the nearly year-long conflict, which has killed thousands and ratcheted East-West tensions to highs not seen since the Cold War, was reached early Thursday after marathon talks in the Belarussian capital Minsk between the leaders of Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany.

Kiev and the West accuse Russia of stoking the war in ex-Soviet Ukraine by pouring arms and troops to help the pro-Russian rebels fighting Kiev government troops in Ukraine's industrial east. Moscow denies the charges.

Speaking late Thursday after a European Union summit in Brussels, German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned Russia that the bloc, which has already slapped Moscow with sanctions over the crisis, was not ruling out further measures if the truce failed.

"If it works well we would be very happy to go with the agreement. If there are difficulties we wouldn't rule out other sanctions," she said.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
There is a few pieces at ICH on the deal . It doesn't look all that great according to all of what I have read .

"Minsk-2: The Useless Agreement Which Everybody Wanted

By The Saker

February 13, 2015 "ICH" - I have to say that I am both amused and appalled at the completely over-the-top reaction of most commentators to what we might as well call the Mink-2 Agreement (M2A). Apparently, analysis has been abandoned altogether and has now been replaced with hyperbole and vociferous but empty statement. Reading some of the comments made here one could be forgiven for thinking that somehow the war in the Ukraine was over and that the AngloZionist Empire, aided by Putin, Surkov and an anonymous but sinister army of Russian oligarchs, has just inflicted a terrible and final blow to the Novorussian dream.

What is going on here? Has everybody just gone crazy? " www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Minsk Agreement On Ukraine Crisis: Text In Full

February 12, 2015 "ICH" - Translation of the full text agreed upon by the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany, and signed by pro-Russian separatists, on Thursday www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well looki looki .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Well looki looki .

Lol The government in Kiev must not know how to use the internet. Taking pics straight from the net from 2008. Hmm now I wonder why they didn't use actual pictures of the "invasion". Maybe just maybe it's because there is no invasion, what's the bets that this won't be in the western msm.
edit on 13-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I guess last weeks prof didn't work on the EU so he headed off to the US with the new pic's lol

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It really is pathetic.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Part of that peace agreement requires all foreign fighters to leave . It may end up working but it doesn't look very promising .Kiev will have to make the legitimate moves and even then there is not much chance the East will ever want to be a part of Kiev after what has been foisted on them . I remember back to when they played the Jew card earlier on . I figured right then that they would do what ever it took to take it over . I din't know that the east was as strong as they turned out to be though .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Never underestimate the will of the people, when their backs are against the wall and have nothing to lose they are at their most resolute. Only time will tell if both sides will stick to the agreement, I hope for the sake of the civilians, especially the younger ones, they do. I heard that the right sector has said they won't agree to it though.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah and petro was an Informant to America,the guy would sell his own country out

I bet he told them lies like he's telling everyone now

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As I was saying earlier, this was going to be the problem even if Kiev was going along with it...

Ukraine's nationalist Right Sector rejects Minsk deals

KIEV, February 13. /TASS/. Ukraine's radical nationalist Right Sector organization doesn't recognize the agreements reached in Minsk and will continue combat actions, the organization's leader Dmytro Yarosh said on his Facebook.

According to Yarosh, the agreements contradict Ukraine's constitution.

Source

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Yeah and petro was an Informant to America,the guy would sell his own country out

I bet he told them lies like he's telling everyone now

His little phone breaks during the meeting was probably to Washington lol

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

So this is just going to be an out for Ukraine, the right sector will continue its attack and when the people of eastern Ukraine respond they will be blamed alongside Russia. Mark my words

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It`s the best evidence we have Poroshenko says...

So just as with MH17 they don`t have satellite images again and have been bullcrapping as before...doh!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We don`t have to worry about Right Sector that much though...

Azov's "phoney war" at Mariupol

The Azov Battalion attack in the Mariupol sector turned out to be mainly for show.

The Tuesday Ukrainian attack on the Mariupol sector which was accompanied by numerous and pompous accounts of its victories turned out to be mainly a showy senseness “march in review” before the eyes of its leader, whose role was assumed by Aleksandr Turchinov, the head of the National Security and Defense Committee, who specially arrived in Mariupol for this reason.

The attack began in the morning. It was spearheaded by the Azov Special Purpose Regiment. Its troopers drove through the villages located between Mariupol and Novoazovsk which are located in the so-called “no-man’s land”—a buffer zone between UAF and Novorossia forces—where they made several photos which confirm their “victory”. The trip cost them two wounded, due to the fact they were photographing themselves: Novorossia snipers noted the camera flashes.

Source
edit on 13 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Seen this and thought it was hilarious.

Found another lmao

edit on 13-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yea I just caught this .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join