It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: Leaders agree peace roadmap

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

For starters, Russia can ban all the automobiles that it imports from EU, mainly Germany and France. Big market in Russia for new and used autos from these nations.

Well I think the car manufacturers have beaten him to the punch...

General Motors has halted deliveries of cars to Russia, making it the latest Western company to pull out of the market in the wake of the ruble's plunge.

money.cnn.com...

You do understand that as soon as the Ruble started falling the western corporations began pulling out of Russia. When the Economy goes so does the business. Russia seems to be late to the party.

Russia can ban all the tourists from visiting these nations.

Their Russian tourists that may go to those countries, but he can't ban other countries tourists from doing so.

The corrupt Russians who have stolen from Kremlin like to visit western capitals for long weekends.

Or they hang out with Putin and his corrupt cronies not in Western capitals.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

General Motors has halted deliveries of cars to Russia, making it the latest Western company to pull out of the market in the wake of the ruble's plunge.

That's awesome! now Russians will buy their own cars or get the Chinese one's. Could not be better!

Good for the local employment and industries.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

That's awesome! now Russians will buy their own cars or get the Chinese one's. Could not be better!

Ah yes the cars everybody in Russia would want, but for some reason aren't buying.

Good for the local employment and industries.

Also you do know that when Western corporations pull out of Russia there isn't just another one that takes it's place, also where are those who worked for Western companies going to work...You do understand that was a reason to bring those Western companies to Russia to help bring work in.

But hey that's good for the economy to lose big companies that pay the bills...genius move if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Also you do know that when Western corporations pull out of Russia there isn't just another one that takes it's place, also where are those who worked for Western companies going to work...You do understand that was a reason to bring those Western companies to Russia to help bring work in. But hey that's good for the economy to lose big companies that pay the bills...genius move if you ask me.

In the GM's case were the cars being produced in Russia or delivered from US. In the latter case it is better for Russia.

If Russians can make fighter planes, tanks etc. "nearly" as good as western productions, then they can also make cars, iphones, and industrial machines. After 1991, under the "new freedoms" the government did not focus on self reliance and kept on importing everything from outside. China on otherhand "hard focused" on self reliance even at the effort of stealing technologies and step for step, Chinese come up with their versions of Blackberry, Iphones, Ipads and reap profits on the global markets.

Russians thought that they will become the US of A in 2 years after 1991.........they forget that US was made after 200 years of "hard, disciplined, organized" labor and focus. Idiot Russians in this case!! How come country like India, dirt poor, over populated, not rich in oil, gas or commodities................... in early 1990s did not collapse economically or socially, but Russian economy sunk from 50-80% despite having 1/10th population, largest energy and commodity reserves etc. ?

Russians are IDIOTS in many ways and one example of that is even after Putin came to power good $3-5B kept on leaving Russia each single month. In 2014, due to political crisis, more than $100-120B of capital flight occurred. Blame goes to everyone Putin, Kremlin, society etc.

Will agree with you on "corruption" topic inside Kremlin and inner circle of Putin. Corruption alone is hollowing Russia constantly, why are US/NATO still wanting jolt the walls of Kremlin. Internal enemies alone can bring its walls down.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Russian politicins have done nothing to diversify the economy. Corruption stifles innovation.

Regards

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I am affraid jokes are done. Russian military column ahead Crymea Russia-Ukraine border. Ukraine inteligence suspect provocation in Mariupol.

www.youtube.com...
edit on Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:47:44 -0600America/Chicago444714America/Chicago2282015f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Russia has got every right to take what it can of Ukraine before the ceasefire begins. Ukraine is not a real country, it never has been. Putin knows it belongs to him.

a reply to: residentofearth

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

It`s from the same channel who was using WWII footage as proof...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

Many people still believe all the Main Stream Media instead of Alternative news sites that are more aware of the actual situation, Main Media ignore the real facts ?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Russia has got every right to take what it can of Ukraine before the ceasefire begins. Ukraine is not a real country, it never has been. Putin knows it belongs to him.

Russia has no rights over other sovereign nations. The fact that we are where we are, is precisely because people think it's OK to ride roughshod over other countries. Hitler had the same mind-set, as did Stalin, where borders were excuses rather than barriers.

On the OP. Reports are positive. Apart from some continued shelling, the intensity of the fighting is reported to have has quietened. Let's see if Putin is true to his word and can control his creation, the militias. Time will tell.

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Seems Ukraine was around in the centuries before Russia had a federation, so it doesn't belong to Putin. So going on that logic would it be okay for Russia to take the UK because Putin thinks it belongs to him?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Let's see if Putin is true to his word and can control his creation, the militias.

And yet he has been saying all along that he can't control them...but now he can, imagine that.

My question is what are the separatists going to do when they don't get taken in by Russia and have to stay as part of Ukraine, which is what is going to happen.
edit on 15-2-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I think the separatists are fighting for more autonomy within Ukraine but don't let that fact get in the way of your fantasies.
edit on 15-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
I think the separatists are fighting for more autonomy within Ukraine but don't let that fact get in the way of your fantasies.

For the avoidance of fantasies...

The two self-proclaimed republics of Donetsk and Lugansk want to rejoin with the Russian Empire, if the words of the current “Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Donetsk People's Republic", Denis Pushilin is to be believed.

We don’t want to separate from Ukraine and form a new little country. We want to join a big country—for me, personally, it’s the Russian Empire. I don’t see anything bad in imperialism. If you look back, throughout its entire history the Russian Empire never had a single colony. After adding a new country to the empire, it made that region its equal.

www.globalinterests.org...

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I see your July 2014 and raise you October 2014

We are an autonomous state, the citizens of which voted for independence," said Alexander Zakharchenko, the prime minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, told RIA Novosti.

And four days ago

DPR" and "LPR" demand to stop ATO and give them autonomy

mw.ua...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

For the referenda that took place in May 2014, upon which the separatists are fighting, the question asked, in both the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, was – Yes, or No.

"Do you support the declaration of state independence of the Luhansk People's Republic”? or, “Do you support the declaration of state independence of the Donetsk People's Republic”?

Therefore, this is not autonomy within Ukraine, this is independence from Ukraine. A big difference.

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

And where on the ballot does it say they want to join Russia like you intimated?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If you read my post, I was quoting Denis Pushilin, the Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Donetsk People's Republic. Use your mouse to go four posts up.

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

If you read my post, I was quoting Denis Pushilin, the Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Donetsk People's Republic. Use your mouse to go four posts up.

Regards

No need to be touchy about it, I told you what was said since, which is more relevant? Something said a year ago or 4 days ago and while I'm at it his quote was

We don’t want to separate from Ukraine and form a new little country. We want to join a big country—for me, personally

You see the bolded part, what does that mean?

This goes back to the statement the poster before you made that they want to join Russia and you backed it up, I've shown evidence to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Okay, it's a confused situation. However, the two self-proclaimed republics want independence from Ukraine and not autonomy as you stated.

The fact that some of the leaders of these two violent republics want to join Russia is just shows the politics and perhaps why Russia is so keen to keep the division alive.

I am not a fan of the Russian State-run propaganda mouthpiece that is RT.COM, but here's another little ditty, where you get independence then join Russia!

“Given the will of the people of the Donetsk People's Republic, and in order to restore historical justice, we ask Russia to consider the issue of our republic’s accession into the Russian Federation,” he added.

rt.com...

Regards

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join