It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The modern world is totally pointless, do I even want to participate in the madness?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
We are not going into space anymore or even looking to the stars as a whole in society anymore, we are not interested in advancing technology for humanity, we are mostly not interested in exploring the vastness of consciousness or the deep inner workings of our minds. We just want to come up with a bunch of petty reasons why we judge each other and pick each other apart. We want to make money and prove to our peers how much better then everyone we are and we are only interested in our own petty and selfish desires.

I really think its a cultural issue. I just don't understand why everyone is so preoccupied with such bull#. Is it false scarcity? Are there really people in control, dark magicians who manipulate everything from behind the scenes, have we just lost our path and focus and forgotten that there is a vast universe at our fingertips that we can explore and experience?

What is it?

Well, there's good news. The world cannot sustain everyone living in excess. It WILL come to a grinding halt one day.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It has to change, but for now dont expect too much that way you wont be dissapointed when the world continues to be a very pointless place.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Without money there would be a barter system. Money is a more efficient means of exchange.

No.

It needs a system of communism, but led under some government rules. A mixed form. People think there is no other system than money, and everything else is barter. That's wrong. A hint is to look how bee and ant hives work. We as humans could live similarly but still with lots of more individual freedom than these insects.

edit on 14-2-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

And thank god the majority will die off after that. I think the problems in this world are the result of gullible people who buy into the system, get distracted and willingly accept oppression because god forbid they think and sacrifice a moment of comfort, tv and beer.

I don't think the elites will have to lift a finger to "depopulate" the planet. We'll do it ourselves, the readers, preppers, thinkers, aware ones will survive and the iPhone, Comedy Central, Instagram crowd will fade into the soil.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday

Without money there would be a barter system. Money is a more efficient means of exchange.

No.

It needs a system of communism, but led under some government rules. A mixed form. People think there is no other system than money, and everything else is barter. That's wrong. A hint is to look how bee and ant hives work. We as humans could live similarly but still with lots of more individual freedom than these insects.

Human brains work different from ant brains. Ants act for the collective while humans act out of self interest. Communism fails because it takes self interest out of the equation. Our current system is fine in that regard, it has other issues to be sure such as wealth gaps and the waste created by planned obsolescence but it did get one thing right which is that self interest is a great motivator.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Also communism always ends up with a ruling class enjoying the high life while the average people struggle. No matter what form of government a country has it always ends with the few benefiting off the many.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Humanity exists in a limbo of fabrications, manipulations and contrivances which in actuality mean nothing if enough don't believe they mean anything.

Humans are animals who arrogantly believe themselves to be greater than all other animals when in fact they are the most helpless and stupid animals of all.

Yeah, I am a human too.

Yeah, I am a dog too.

Yeah, I am that which I decide I am on a de jure basis......

Blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla. DE'D.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Reality as it is a contrivance which is designed for wealth extraction, without those who are being stolen from realizing it consciously.

A lot of us are not really very conscious our entire lives until just before we are gone, as we die we realize it is all a bunch of # that we were feeding, a scam. All of it. A waste of time.

Honestly realize this and the world and it's pointlessness does not bother one so much as before.

Everything is meaningless and there is no way to tag any meaning to it without lying to yourself.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

there are options. A good internet connection, a subscription to world of warcraft.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

So are you all with the way things are going or against the way things are going on earth or against the way things are going on in the modern world? Is the modern world everything you ever wanted it to be and more? Are you on board with the way things are going, is all going just the way you want it to?

What needs to change if your not in agreement with the modern world?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Shiner, I think this is the most enlightened comment of this entire thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Aazadan

Also communism always ends up with a ruling class enjoying the high life while the average people struggle. No matter what form of government a country has it always ends with the few benefiting off the many.

This is an issue that has to do with corruption of a political system. Communism is primarily economic not political though most communist regimes have been 1 party systems. If enough people wanted to, you could run a democratic system of government focused on communist economic principals. It would just require high levels of transparency to make sure those in power weren't skimming off the top, as well as periodic elections where those in power campaigned to hold their jobs against those out of power.

Such a system would ultimately fail though. What we've seen of communism is that through equality comes corruption as people leverage power in order to get more for themselves. With no other mechanism to obtain more such as lucrative employment opportunities, those who wish for more gravitate towards government and siphon a bit from everyone while everyone else produces less.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
We are not going into space anymore or even looking to the stars as a whole in society anymore, we are not interested in advancing technology for humanity, we are mostly not interested in exploring the vastness of consciousness or the deep inner workings of our minds.

Have you been living under a rock -- a rock that is hidden in the very back of a very deep cave that hasn't seen the light of day in decades? Nothing you said there is even remotely deserving of being seen as a truthful statement. And yet... your comment, at the time of this post, has over 40-stars. If this is indicative of the predominant mindset of ATS users, then I don't at all feel that I'm missing anything by not participating here anymore than I do.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Sweepsalot because: atrocious grammar...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Human brains work different from ant brains. Ants act for the collective while humans act out of self interest. Communism fails because it takes self interest out of the equation. Our current system is fine in that regard, it has other issues to be sure such as wealth gaps and the waste created by planned obsolescence but it did get one thing right which is that self interest is a great motivator.

If there is a "universal" currency which allows to buy everything, you will always and ever create a world like this. The one we are living in. The financial system only supports greed, egoism, punching others in the face. And all this waste and pollution we have and accumulates in the world comes from money, greed, pressure to pay. Universal money is the beginning of the end. Point is: the only way to change that is to get rid of the money system.

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

And what is the thing we have now? Democracy and a ruling elite with high life, jet set society. It's the exact same.

But it wouldn't be the same if they couldn't buy everything for money. If a decent standard of living is established for every single human being. Then you can't enforce them or pressure them or exploit them. That's why I said it requires a sort of communism but with some governmental dictation. Because a minimum of work is required to maintain this standard, e.g. food production, building houses, electricity, clean water. However this work wouldn't even require people to work 8-10 hours a day... just 2-4 hours would be enough.

Besides I always thought that money makes people do better work, or more work than without money. I was WRONG. A huge amount of population gets paid and is at the same time even more incompetent than people not getting paid at all. Therefore money doesn't even help technological progress, it just keeps us enslaved in a stupid system and helps the riches get richer. People who have a creative mind and push inventions forward do their experiments, even if they get paid or not! (e.g. Nicola Tesla died as a poor man).

edit on 15-2-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
"The modern world is totally pointless, do I even want to participate in the madness?"

Oh sweet Baboo... do you even have a choice not to participate madness aside? Sure, you can disappear inside a bubble of your own making and find some oasis of happiness for yourself, but avoiding the modern world is basically impossible... the world is in so much debt from nonsense... my dear friend, people born owe tptb money... before the placenta even splits.

What this means, is control over society and it's citizens must be maintained, in order to keep supporting the status quotient that thinks just because we are born within some made up lines in the dirt... we owe them for our very existence. We can't just be... we have to support that system or else end up in a cage or dead.

Sure you could find some desert island and try to hide with skills in self sufficiency, but it wouldn't be long before someone thinking they have some authority either self or other appointed over your life... will come along and ruin your paradise. So, working with and within the system to change this broken mess of "civilized" nonsense is the best bet we have going.

Here's the major wrench in the system that many in a position of power love to use against us... ignorance.

The most frustrating part of ignorance we see isn't really the denial of having any or shunning it in others... that doesn't really work, because of a lovely thing called cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance occurs when one chooses a side or basically draws a line. Whether anyone knows it or not when a person chooses to believe something, either one has heard or read and assumes a position on the topic... they have just chosen ignorance. That's the frustrating part... people willingly choosing ignorance. Once it is chosen and a side taken, one has just allowed extremes to enter and rule their life and restructure their belief system... when the belief system chosen is considered malignant, is is thought to be a benefit to society. Religion was once a belief system thought to be malignant... but let's face facts, religion has since evolved into a system of extremes that's a cancerous bleeding tumor on societies face.

Before someone wants to argue for religion, I do feel you have every right to believe whatever it is you want, from a singular god, to multiple gods, you can even worship a pile of poop for all I care. But when this practice of belief one has chosen starts disrupting society and threatening humanity as a whole? Yes I have a problem with it... but the problem isn't with the religion itself, but those using it as a banner to feel justified... in perpetuating; ignorance, bias, intolerance, and hate for anyone that does not choose to believe the same.

Yes all belief is a choice, and it's willfully choosing ignorance, once a choice to believe is made.

With globalism and it's agenda, we cannot go much longer without really accessing the situation of belief structures holding humanity back and expect peace by perpetuating war. This is all belief structures, not just in religion but science as well.

Of course we have the ability to choose our own purpose, instead of the one prescribed so you may be able to pay back some of the inborn debt you owe society... but the programming and training received from society, ensures that the majority of people serve tptb's purpose, in order to maintain control and avoid anarchy so that their purpose may be served instead, under the guise that their purpose, is what we want or is at least somehow in our best interests as citizens, and making it your purpose too is simply just what a good citizen should do... regardless of how ignorant, educated, poor, rich, or whatever color one may happen to be.

If you serve a master other than yourself? That master is also the keeper of the chains that bind you as well as blind you.

One might ask who do I aim at? Who started this? Who's the enemy? Um well, look no further than the mirror my friend... no one alive today started the problems we have on this planet... but we all certainly are responsible for picking up the line and perpetuating them by towing them into the future out of our own ignorance... aren't we? Let's not forget the first step to overcome a problem is to admit you have one, not point the finger at the moon.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Which is a few of the reasons I don't want to reproduce. But there is always that, "What if...?"

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

Children are a blank slate and are completely awake... it's when we adults that "know better" start programming them with ignorant nonsense that "the beast" starts to awaken within them and take over. I personally consider that process a communicable disease, that's spread from an ignorant mouth to impressionable ears.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

For sure. Understandable. That's what worries me, people passing down this paradigm in which we do what we do with out critical thinking.

"that process a communicable disease, that's spread from an ignorant mouth to impressionable ears."

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The current point of the world may be materialism, which may change eventually. . . .

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I just went through a phase where I was on Facebook a lot. My supposed 'friends' all try to outdo each other at showing what they're doing, how many likes they can get, etc. I tried to play the game but I'm not good at it because I don't have some immense social standing and I'm not some bartender or hot chick.

Then I realized I was concerned with this just before reading a story of how ISIS beheaded 21 Christians, and here I am concerned about social media presence. And I feel stupid I get sucked in and I feel like I lose IQ points when I do. I feel empty when I'm on there, like even if the world were burning, people would post funny photos or memes. And if you even MENTIONING anything serious, you're some party pooper and people are turned off.

I feel like the current world has become some sterile popularity contest, it's so foreign to me.
edit on 16-2-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join