It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The modern world is totally pointless, do I even want to participate in the madness?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
We are not going into space anymore or even looking to the stars as a whole in society anymore, we are not interested in advancing technology for humanity, we are mostly not interested in exploring the vastness of consciousness or the deep inner workings of our minds. We just want to come up with a bunch of petty reasons why we judge each other and pick each other apart. We want to make money and prove to our peers how much better then everyone we are and we are only interested in our own petty and selfish desires.

I really think its a cultural issue. I just don't understand why everyone is so preoccupied with such bull#. Is it false scarcity? Are there really people in control, dark magicians who manipulate everything from behind the scenes, have we just lost our path and focus and forgotten that there is a vast universe at our fingertips that we can explore and experience?

What is it?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't know either but I just know that humanity is being divided on purpose and it's really working. Stuff's doomed

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Why?

Why dont these idiots who have to be in control build themselves a space program with their resources and go take over a planet no one cares about and let the rest of us focus on helping one another and exploring space?

Are these people in control so small minded and petty that they dont realize we have an entire universe at our finger tips?
edit on 2/11/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

We are only being divided if we let it happen. I for one do not follow that path. For those who wish to be better than their neighbor, I say let em do it. More power to them. They think. As long as we continue to care about Our fellow man, then we are better off for it!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Wait til you see what is coming next! With Obama getting ready to put boots on the ground to fight ISIS...This will start WW3, no new presidential election will be held because of this...Obama will now be supreme overlord of the USA and eventually will rule the world! Anti-Christ much??

Even if this isn't true, it sounds like a possibility....Everything is happening for a purpose and this seems like a probable situation to me...There is the bad part also if this is true, for those who don't accept Jesus that is....For us who do, we will have a free trip off this rock while everyone else gets to deal with that whole rapture thingy...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is no "one answer" here. It is a different distraction for each soul.

For me it is preoccupation with senseless duties of a once simple job that has been overcomplicated by stupid governmental agencies on behalf of a lazy stupid sect of consumers.

For some, it is a sense of utter hopelessness, still others are just nearly autonomous in their daily grind and generally feel nothing. The list is as lengthy and diverse as the peoples of the planet.

I still don't doubt the manipulations of a nameless group of controllers.

Boba

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A world of people being told exactly what to think by media. And yes we use to be an advanced forward thinking race of people. That has been taken away from us. Altered consciousness has been implanted. Most people care more about their cell phones than knowing the truth. Truth and exploration is just too hard for them to handle. Sad. I still have hope for the human race. But the're having a "Drone Moment" at the current time...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Of course things are going to get worse and believe me not one of us are truly prepared for it. And when the truly bad events do happen most will be so confused and frightened they'll panic, and tons will turn on others. Order out of chaos, it's working. For every person who says "No I don't buy into it" there's 100 who do and the odds are in their favor unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've been feeling really uninspired and worn down by the events that have been unfolding and the things that the media shoves into our brains.

It makes no sense to me why the wealthier nations of the world are not advancing space exploration. I feel like there is a reason why, and that the sum of us will not ever know.

Why no disclosure? It will never happen, we will never know.

And, why do the 10% hoard wealth?

Are these two things tied together?

I don't think it's an accident that spiritual exploration and/or progress are played down, or ignored. I guess I'm at the point of looking more into that, since it's something one can do independent of the complete chaos and idiocracy.

And now MORE WAR! What a useless machine this modern age has become. Spiritually rising above seems to hold the key to internal progress.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

I don't think it's an accident that spiritual exploration and/or progress are played down, or ignored.

Well, we have the Enlightenment to thank for that. 😡

👣

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is a cluster f@@k of insanity
money? whoever thought that up was an evil genius. even more genius was the one who figured out how to move away from heavy metal currency into one they can replicate at will after all the failed attempts to turn lead into gold. then you have the idiots who agreed to use it...

I don't want to live on this planet anymore
buuuut.... there is nowhere else to go! i don't have a spaceship,do any of you have one? if you do come pick me up and lets blow this mud rock of the crazies. anywhere habitable has to be better than this

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Not every person is consumed by such superficial motivations in life.

There truly are some amazing people AND organizations out there, whose sole mission is to do good, help others, and bring positivity into the world.

At the mountain there is this program called Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports, and it is a non-profit that teaches people with physical and developmental disabilities to ski/snowboard/sit-ski, etc. A lot of the times we work with children, some of which can't verbally communicate and some individuals can communicate like you or I but have other disabilities. Sometimes the client will never be able to ski/ride on their own, but the process of learning and getting out there in the snow is so fulfilling for everyone still.

The director of the program makes something like $25,000 a year, not even enough to live off of. And she is always overwhelmed with trying to juggle all of the clients, their family members, equipment rentals, volunteers, etc. etc. and yet she does what she does because she KNOWS at the end of the day she is doing something she can feel good about and truly believes in.

The point is, it is so easy to become discouraged and hopeless these days. That's what the life-sucking machine will thrive off of: people who have given up, who are going through the motions just to get through another day.

It is uplifting just to know that you RECOGNIZE there is so much more out there. Now you just need to take steps to start to SEE it with your own eyes, maybe even become a part of the wave that will bring about change in this era.

Anyway, just thought I should chime in. I'm sure everybody here can relate to your feelings. Please don't lose hope!
edit on 11-2-2015 by FamCore because: Added info about the Director of Vermont Adaptive who really really believes in what she does.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
We are not going into space anymore or even looking to the stars as a whole in society anymore, we are not interested in advancing technology for humanity, we are mostly not interested in exploring the vastness of consciousness or the deep inner workings of our minds. We just want to come up with a bunch of petty reasons why we judge each other and pick each other apart. We want to make money and prove to our peers how much better then everyone we are and we are only interested in our own petty and selfish desires.

I really think its a cultural issue. I just don't understand why everyone is so preoccupied with such bull#. Is it false scarcity? Are there really people in control, dark magicians who manipulate everything from behind the scenes, have we just lost our path and focus and forgotten that there is a vast universe at our fingertips that we can explore and experience?

What is it?

Well there's a lot of things in there. As far space is concerned though, Boeing and Space-X have a biggish £6.8 Billion deal to ready a new shuttle for astronauts to the ISS and back around 2017, and there's probably a lot more under the radar. If you are young enough, there could be some exciting times ahead spacewise. All kinds of technologies are advancing, but it cuts both ways when it comes helping or hindering mankind. However all these things are not like fast food outlets, you just need to accept the era you exist in. The next thing you need to do, is ask yourself, 'how can I make a difference' Same as JFK did.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What's all this "we" talk? Put me in control of my tax dollars and you will see results. Put us all in control and we would of had a man on mars by now. What about the pioneers and inventors who have had their work "scrubbed" from the walls of evolutionary history?

We probably would have been on the Kardashev scale by now if it wasn't for government intervention. I'm guessing we already have some sort of "Safe House" built in space or within our own earth created with all the technological achievements that never saw the light of day.

Here's a trick, pretend life is better and you just might start believing yourself. Willful ignorance is the cure for certain types of depression, lol. Just don't let it affect your critical thinking.

But, if you wanted a quick answer...

BIG OIL

...followed by all the other reptile overlord, Rothschild conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Once Upon a Time there was a cave man name OG

OG was kind of bright and discovered how to make fire from stones and Twigs

OG brought the fire to his clan who he thought would be helped by it

His wife saw the fire, stuck her hand in it got gangrene from the burn and died

His kids brought it in the cave and died from smoke inhalation.

The clan leader tried to ban fire,
But the cave men responsible for putting it out burnt themselves to death trying to stamp it out

Then the clan came after OG, but OG understood fire and set those who came for him Ablaze

Soon of 100 Hominids only Og and 5 Others remained.

Being the Six who understood fire they made new homes outside the Cave.
From the Fire Dogs came to rest with them, they built huts and made better tools.

And a new era began and they called themselves Man

Be OG Dude.... We've invented a lot of new fire this time, most wont make it out of the cave.

edit on 11-2-2015 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2015 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Meditate
It really helps.
I totally hear you.a reply to: onequestion

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Wait til you see what is coming next! With Obama getting ready to put boots on the ground to fight ISIS...This will start WW3, no new presidential election will be held because of this...Obama will now be supreme overlord of the USA and eventually will rule the world! Anti-Christ much??

He'll also be the one who'll destroy Mecca/Makkah according to a hadeeth.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Modern humans are broken. Poisoned by our environment, unrepresented by our officials, disenfranchised from our peers, lied to by our media, enslaved by a system we are not taught to fully understand, etc, etc, etc... Most of us are driven by 2 things "fame" and "fortune". It's instilled into us at a young age that fame and fortune can get you anything. All along the way we forgot how to simply be HAPPY. Assistance is required by means of consumption, pharmaceuticals, or the government.

There is 2 distinct tribes emerging on the planet. The "haves" and the "have not's" 1/3 of us get obese and the other 2/3's starve to death. With our technology starvation and poverty are stupid problems to have!! I like to think humanities ability for compassion will eventually shine through but I have yet to see any of that outside small acts of kindness. That may help on a local level but as a whole it doesn't do a lot.

There are solutions, and I don't claim to have all or any for that matter. But for example here in The United States we need to identify the real owners of the federal reserve and get us back to the gold standard. Stop exporting war and start exporting humanism. That would shed some light on the puppeteers, the dark magicians, the illuminati, the bankers, the 1%. Whatever you want to call them. To me there is clearly a driving force of very influential people preventing humanity from thriving. How could there not be? The average person just wants to live in peace, harmony, and safety... If the majority ruled then there would be peace, and harmony.

edit on 11-2-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I would rather drown in misery than be willfully ignorant.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

All I really want is a piece of land where I am free to fish, hunt and trap and just live.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join