It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The modern world is totally pointless, do I even want to participate in the madness?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Your title implies an existential dilemma, but then the actual OP seems more concerned about not investing in space travel, so not completely sure what you are looking for, so space travel it is.

It all boils down to economics. If you look back at our history, we indulge in "luxuries" at times when the country is doing well. For example, (the example I read ) was wheelchair ramps. We were at war, the economy was failing, and no body had time to think about wheelchair ramps. Only a peep from those who needed them.

As things improved, (the economy) we were able to again begin to address these type "luxuries", and started building the ramps, and eventually even made appropriate public access a law. We were able to set our sites on "non-essentials", I guess. (When you are hungry, you are going to choose food over anything else; at the exclusion of everything else. Once you have food, then you will think about clothes, then shelter, and so on).

At the moment we are up to asses in alligators, and juggling so many balls in the air, space travel seems like a luxury we don't have time/money for. Some space exploration is being done privately now, but we are not out of the game completely.

I like to think once we get a handle on these difficult times we can again focus on more interesting things.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Please don't say "we" so much.

I am not what you speak of so surrounding yourself with presumed stereotypes is maybe why you feel this way.

Do you miss the elephant in the room quite a lot?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

edit on 2/11/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It is part of the "training".. Want to jump to the next level?

www.sunfell.com...

namaste

P.S. You already KNOW the answer...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

It is part of the "training".. Want to jump to the next level?

www.sunfell.com...

namaste

P.S. You already KNOW the answer...

Nope. Not sure what the answer is, but I do know, this ain't it. : @@ :
This is all magical thinking mostly entertained by youths who are disappointed with their lives.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

All of the above.

As Yeahkeepwatching me stated. "Order out of chaos."

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Let me tell you a secret. Society is evil.
Samadhi is where its at. Enter it through work, and your bad karma will go. Trust me. The evil ones can't handle truth, so let them be and keep working towards a better future day and night, in service of those who can handle truth.
edit on 11 2 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yeah yeah, sure sure. Right, gotcha, sho nuff. Indeedy do. Mos deff dude. And what else is new. One, you seem to have wallowed into some sort of existential quick sand lately. More and more angst is pouring out of your posts. You seem to think that there is some answer to your one question. S
What's wrong, what's wrong. Why can't why can't. If only if only.

One, keep asking these same questions of yourself and others and the answers will never change. The answers will only get worse as you may be beginning to suspect. You might try changing your type of questions. To what? That's up to you. All I know is I used to ask the same questions you continue to pose in your posts and ended up getting guess what? The same answers as you. You are a questioner. The line of questions you are asking lead to as you have found, a dead end. Find another line or you will dig your own grave.

Does this reply bother you? Oh well. You want to know what bothers me? Here let me tell you. I used to enjoy your posts, your speculations, your approach. Now I don't. So do what ever it is you are going to do. I have replied to your existential cul-de-sac in the only way I know how, by suggesting that you find another road to travel. Over and out.

Edit. Ps. And oh, check out the post just above this one. G,night One.
edit on 28America/ChicagoWed, 11 Feb 2015 22:14:58 -0600Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:14:58 -060015022015-02-11T22:14:58-06:0010u14 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dang brah! I knew it was you just by the thread title. I was right.

I have a best friend who I consider my brother and he's been saying very similair things, I feel the same way. We both see 37 at a ridiculous frequency. He's more hardcore Christian, while I'm more on your level yet still respect Christ.

We're all three fighters...we're all the same age(ish) I know your pro, but I'll be in the cage before years end.

He claims we were meant for a higher purpose all the time, I feel my higher purpose is to step up and fight..I wonder if one day we all three will be crushing the opposition?
edit on 11-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Adding

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

If you think the way to "fight" is by becoming a "warrior" without actually putting any work in, youll just end up becoming someones bitch aka a mobster in the underworld.. Ive seen it happen, it happens all the time to people who want to fight injustice but dont realise probably half of their friends work for the perpetrators of that injustice. Trust me you dont want to end up being someones bitch in the underworld... A) you won't escape once your in B) Youll quickly realize no one down there wants a better world.

Follow your own path until it aligns with who you really are. Stop consuming mainstream media, mainstream music, films, television, radio etc... Im not saying pretend it doesnt exist, just put it as far out of sight and out of mind as possible and see what happens to you.

If it means leaving an old circle of friends, so be it, I've had to do the exact same thing, seems hard at first, feelings of guilt and betrayal inevitably come up, but after two years, I'm so glad I cut loose. There were never meant to be any sweet goodbyes with them. Ask yourself what is friendship? And do you truly have friends, or are they just people you hang around with?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

If you think the way to "fight" is by becoming a "warrior" without actually putting any work in, youll just end up becoming someones bitch aka a mobster in the underworld.. Ive seen it happen, it happens all the time to people who want to fight injustice but dont realise probably half of their friends work for the perpetrators of that injustice. Trust me you dont want to end up being someones bitch in the underworld... A) you won't escape once your in B) Youll quickly realize no one down there wants a better world.

Follow your own path until it aligns with who you really are. Stop consuming mainstream media, mainstream music, films, television (i dont own a television), radio etc... Im not saying pretend it doesnt exist, just put it as far out of sight and out of mind as possible and see what happens to you.

If it means leaving an old circle of friends, so be it, I've had to do the exact same thing, seems hard at first, feelings of guilt and betrayal inevitably come up, but after two years, I'm so glad I cut loose. There were never meant to be any sweet goodbyes with them. Ask yourself what is friendship? And do you truly have friends, or are they just people you hang around with?

Dang funk! You are on point right now. I was impressed about this especially; the brother I mentioned is very much my outlet to the underworld and I have stupidly followed him to near destruction a few times. So good job there.

As far as mainstream, I avoid that stuff like a paranoid ATS member from months ago avoids Ebola.

My circle is very small, I prefer immediate family, (and those who are willing to train me at the gym) only. People try to force themselves into my business, and they did so much more a year ago when I was far more spiritually strong. I'm stuck in a sort of purgatory at the moment.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
As far as fighting, I meant literally, in a cage, that's between I and I and most certainly takes a monumental amount of hard grinding work to be succesful, and if I can find success there, I will be well equipped to find success anywhere.
edit on 11-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Every species has it's beginning, perhaps it's "hey day"
and definitely it's decline and it's end.

Just like with how evolution works; the bad side effects
of negative genetic traits are often deferred to later
in life.

So it is with us.

We are now paying the piper.

Humans have markedly devolved since something
like 4000 BC, in a number of ways in any case.

Our 'success' is also the toxin that is destroying us.

Life has become a bad drug trip for nearly all of us.

Kev

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That's actually very interesting, I've been seeing a number everywhere for months now, it's 33. All I keep reading is that it means negative energies/events. Freaks me out to be honest.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That's actually very interesting, I've been seeing a number everywhere for months now, it's 33. All I keep reading is that it means negative energies/events. Freaks me out to be honest.

Yeah I see it too, I see several different repeating numbers, and 37 has been chasing me my whole life, this has surpassed coincidence a long time ago, observational bias? Don't think so!

Many of us are seeing this Synchronicity, I wish I knew what that heck it meant and struggle to know whether the meaning is positive or negative.

For now I find comfort knowing there is something more and feel privileged to catch a glimpse every now and then.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Is the amount of people who see numbers constantly increasing? Seems like there's some kind of phenomenon happening with people's awareness as of late...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Is the amount of people who see numbers constantly increasing? Seems like there's some kind of phenomenon happening with people's awareness as of late...

Sure seems so to me! This has been going on for awhile but it seems like 2014 was loaded with people new to this and looking for answers.............so easily scoffed at, but when one expieriences this, and does the research, one can only conclude something beyond simple coincidence or observational bias is taking place.

I would say don't focus on the negative and don't let it freak you out. We're all headed down a dark road of destruction, folks like you and I should just be stoked to know that in some way we are spiritually in tune.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

So true. When I was a kid I'd see 3:16, then 9:11. After awhile it just became 11 which I'd see for years. Now I've been noticing 33 everywhere. I'm guessing numerology can be positive or negative, one uses it for whatever purpose and whatever power they put into it is put towards that goal.

Things like elite symbolism make me wonder, maybe it's not the numbers that are evil, perhaps they're all around powerful and work for good or bad equally....

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Things like elite symbolism make me wonder, maybe it's not the numbers that are evil, perhaps they're all around powerful and work for good or bad equally....

This. This will be stuck in my head for awhile now, it is not the numbers that necessarily hold all the power. It's Intention, the numbers are significant yet require a certain powerful intention to be active......whether good or bad ?maybe?.........idk thanks for helping me try and figure it out.............

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

We are immature, we have plenty of technological "toys" but only a few actually understand how they work. If we were highly intelligent and educated, we would be building and programming our own cell phones and computers. We are still developing, advanced civilizations have experienced technology to the extent that they understand it totally.

For example, many people can use a smart phone, but would have little or no clue about electronics.

Many people barely even understand how a combustion engine works, yet cars are apart of our lives.

You can imagine when we evolve further, what we know now that we are taught at school is extensively greater than what the average person could learn in his or her lifetime not only 500 years ago.

Give it 100000 years and people of our time would also look like simpletons, we would also seem quite immature as evidenced by all the wastage that occurs, in the future when resources are critically scarce, we will start to realise that we need to conserve them.

The strong survive, yes they do, and intelligence is a measure of strength in evolutionary terms.
edit on 12-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join