It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of relationship do you have with God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I thought instead of arguing about religion we should have a discussion about your relationship with God. So here are the rules for this thread:

1. For this thread you can not discuss your religion and beliefs concerning your religion.

2. One on One - you and God alone. Share your real relationship with God.

3. What has God told you?

4. Have you met your God?

5. Anything you would like to share that God has told you?

6. You have no relationship with God because he does not exist. Please explain why he does not exist.

Lets keep sarcasm and jokes to a minimum.

edit on 9-2-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I thought instead of arguing about religion we should have a discussion about your relationship with God. So here are the rules for this thread:

1. For this thread you can not discuss your religion and beliefs concerning your religion

2) God speaks to me, also, brings me a deep feeling of peace and love - its a deeply personal relationship.

3) see rule 1 of this thread, everything HE tells me pertains to religion and salvation

4) Yes

5) Again, see rule 1 of this thread, everything HE tells me pertains to religion and salvation unless its personally pertains to myself.

It's nice though.. I would give anything to keep this God I now know..

edit on 9-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I have a great relationship with my Goddess. I see evidence of her workings daily. We talk every day she tells me its okay. Entropy is unavoidable, embrace it. Without chaos there would be no order. Indeed, what are chaos and order? Dualistic conceptualizations invented by the human mind to rationalize the random nature of our existence. At least that's some words. Hail Eris (or don't).

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

God set me down in a pool, erected a little sail, puffed a little breath into my sail and away I float. And I give thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

1. For this thread you can not discuss your religion and beliefs concerning your religion.

2) God speaks to me, also, brings me a deep feeling of peace and love.

3) see rule 1 of this thread, everything HE tells me pertains to religion and salvation

4) Yes

5) Again, see rule 1 of this thread, everything HE tells me pertains to religion and salvation unless its personally pertains to myself.

WOW! Thank you for your testimony.

Can you tell me what it took to have such a close relationship with God? I bet others would love to hear from you.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I have a great relationship with my Goddess. I see evidence of her workings daily. We talk every day she tells me its okay. Entropy is unavoidable, embrace it. Without chaos there would be no order. Indeed, what are chaos and order? Dualistic conceptualizations invented by the human mind to rationalize the random nature of our existence. At least that's some words. Hail Eris (or don't).

OK.......very interesting.

Does you Goddess have a name? May I ask what her name is?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

God set me down in a pool, erected a little sail, puffed a little breath into my sail and away I float. And I give thanks

I like it. I can see your vision.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Eris Kallisti Discordia.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Eris Kallisti Discordia.

Has she ever shown herself to you? How often?

What does she look like?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Mainly a nightly prayer relationship with God. I have had that since I was in about 1st grade. Every so often, I think I can feel a presence, but usually, my husband is a master of interrupting me even though he knows I pray before sleep. There are also times when I can listen to a sermon or someone talking about their faith or reading scripture or commentaries and feel a longing or calling almost. In recent years, I have also felt an increasing sense of detachment from the material world an almost sense of letting go although I love my family, friends and loved ones just as much as ever.

When I was a child, I grew up in a house that had something dark in it. I never knew what it was, but imagine a sense of sheer, screaming, unreasoning terror, the feeling that something was behind you and being absolutely unable to look and confront it because you were that afraid of what you might see. That was the kind of thing that was in my house. It would come and stare from the doorway into my room. I always kept the door shut except when I needed the AC to keep the room cool in summer, and then, I used prayer and even things as simple as "Jesus Love Me." They never failed me. He never failed me.

Early on, God drew me to the book of Revelation, something that was not taught at my church. Recently, he has sent me some dreams with interesting implications. They are mentioned on this site in a couple places.

I will not say that God himself has walked with me, but I have dreamed of walking with a presence who held my hand and told me "I will never leave you." The implication is that He is walking with me, guiding me. I have also dreamed of a single white lamb in a field of pure white snow. This is symbolic of Christ.

Again, am I dreaming of Him? Who can say. I know what I believe.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have a very close relationship with what I call God, "he" permeates my very being and has taught me to love others because they are me, only from a different perspective. God has told me not to worry about what may happen to my body because it is only temporary, what comes after this body dies is only the beginning... again.

Love others as yourself and treat them well. That is all my God asks for because that's all I wish for myself, to be treated well. Loving others is the highest form of loving God.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Nothing. There was nothing I did that everyone else has not done, and nothing I did that deserved it. So, honest answer, nothing.
edit on 9-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm on a need to know relationship. If I screw up then I get warned. God never seems to give out too much information, in fact most times I feel like I am just talking to myself. But the few times I do get a response makes me feel that god is real. Either that or I am one of the luckiest people alive or have a very good guardian angel looking over me. One that will not help me if I am in the wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I see her daily. In the eyes of those that suffer. In the faces of those that rejoice. I hear her whisper confused musings in my ear. The lies that are true. The truths that are false. She is there and here a beauty in chaos with the eyes of a mad man she whispers and screams. She fathoms and dreams. All around us, the chaos, to the prettiest one (that's you, maybe not).

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I would have to say my relationship with God is on and off(even tho it shouldnt)
What i mean is ;Mostly when good things happen to me i thank him.
Mostly when bad things happen i always let him know i know hes there,
And when really bad things happen i usually ask for help, other than that i try to communicate time to time.

Im not sure if he talks back, i guess the closest things would be actions i.e.
A tree leaf falling right on my face (the only leave to fall) and stuff like that.
Also i have to say hes helped me out alot, and everytime ive prayed really hard hes come through for me.
As far as who is my God, i have no idea.
But i know He is.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The one where no matter how bad i mess up he extends me an arm out of the situation the god that when im in agonizing pain is there in the same pain with me , the GOD i worship no matter how bleak things looked in my rancid life turned it into a perfectly sweet situation , the GOD i worship looks at me like a son and not a thing ...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
6. No relationship, because "god/goddess" is a human concept, and therefore does not exist as such. However, I must say...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

1) Fair enough.

2) Quite good.

3) Many things.

4) Not visually as God has no form.

5) Not really.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I like the premise of your OP. God and I do not need a middle-man and the only important relationship is that which we have with the creator Itself.

My beliefs about God are my own and I don't feel the need to share them.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I have a very personal relationship with God. He answers my prayers, He has healed me from my deep depression and bipolar tendancies, and He brought my soulmate and I together. I have come to know Him through His word, which is the mind of Christ, and as a result, He has shown me the key to understanding the escatological prophecies...including what year the End of the Age would come. When I doubted my understanding, my God sent me a prophet to confirm this knowledge. Most of my threads are a disclosure of this knowledge.

My Lord is my sheppard. Though I may stumble, He is alway there to help me to my feet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join