It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist Aborts Baby Because It Is Male

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I don't buy it. Way too many buttons in that story. I'd bet real money on that piece being written by someone trying to smear feminism. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That woman is trash.

I am married to the son of an unwed 16-year-old who gave him up for adoption but had he been even a year younger ... He might have been aborted.

As you might expect, I have very strong feelings about this. And the very idea that someone could simply abort a baby because it had the gall to have the wrong gender, the one you happen be angry at ... It sickens me.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb

Unfaithful? Cheater? Lout?

Whore = promiscuous, slut, sex worker, and loose sexual morals

Unfaithful = hardly applicable ?

Cheater = maybe but hardly in the same league as *whore* ?

Lout = hooligan, thug, hoodlum, bully ? again doesn't compare ?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So... Males are a second class citizen to her eh?

I am all for the right to choose, but with that right comes a responsibility to behave like a human being, not a Jackbooted ideologue when making choices about ones child.

This entire thing makes me sick. This man hatred is nothing short of fascist, and personally speaking, I find it somewhat insulting. You see, actual men, real men are nothing to be angry about what so ever. They deal with their own messes, they clean up after themselves, they behave with respect toward their friends and families, treat people with common decency until affronted, and work like dogs given the merest cause or incentive. They have love, and poetry in their souls as much as anyone on this world does, and carry both fire and ice in their hearts in equal measure. We are not the enemy.

There are men out there who are enemies of not only women, but all mankind, and they are to be avoided where possible, and taken down a peg at every other juncture. But hating the entire gender based on the actions of an over reported few, is just about the lowest thing I can think of, and far from improving the chances of humanity surviving the next two to three hundred years, bound to this planet by our own incompetence, it almost guarantees the withering of our species.

In closing, what a hateful, spiteful, murderous cow. Reasons for not having a baby that I have heard and totally agreed with include such reasons as "I am in no way ready for this, nor planning to be for years to come, my life cannot sustain this right now". But deciding to kill a foetus because it is male, out of hatred.... I could weep, but it would make no difference.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just curious if you're equally disgusted when hearing about women aborting females babies in India and China?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hopefully a woman kicks her ass for being a dumb ass .

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If this story is true the issue that should be discussed in my opinion is should some people be allowed to breed.

I am sure there are those who would force her to have a child but that doesn't address the real issue.

Don't worry I don't plan to make a thread about it because I don't need the headache. I am just saying.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Absolutely I am.

The whole idea of choosing to chuck a foetus based PURELY on a metric like gender is horrific. It raises possibilities for the future which do not bear thinking about.

The fact is, that both male and female babies grow up to be interesting, potentially wonderful people given half a chance, and some are born so determined that they will even get by with a quarter of a chance! Like I said, I am not one of these zealot pro lifer nutcases. I believe that a woman has the right to do as she will with her body, but the process of birthing a boy, and birthing a girl are mechanically identical. If she was prepared to have one, then she should not balk at the other, since both would be her offspring, both would be her child, both would have (assuming the woman had even the slightest redeeming feature) loved her, called her Mother.

She would have had to hold either one during storms to keep them calm, would have had to have taught them both about the world around them, about crossing the street, about treating people with kindness. I am a father. The idea, that somewhere out there, there are parents who have discarded their children because they were of the wrong gender, and for no other reason, makes me literally physically sick, so alien a concept is it to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I hope they do find out this is untrue.

a reply to: Anyafaj

Me too.

Something just doesn't pass the smell test with this story.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

A thread like that would be taken out of context from the word go...

So I don't blame you really.

I think there is a limit... Maybe...

Whether this (type of) woman (?) meets that criteria...
I don't know...

Hard question to answer really...

Yes they should be able to imo... I wouldn't play God.

*I pondered this question thoroughly before posting...*
*Thought I might as well leave every part of my thought process*

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You don't abort based on gender, you abort for maybe rape or sever birth defects or something reasonable. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior and why would she tell anyone anyway

I'm not too sure about that. It's embraced in India and nobody in the civilized West seems to bat an eyelid about it.
Fewer girls are born in India

I must be nobody then, because I've batted an eyelid, but other than donating, signing petitions and trying to raise awareness, what else would you like me to do? Go there and catch the babies in my hands as they're toss off cliffs? I'm curious. I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to put a stop to this issue in China, India, and many other places.

3 deadliest words....It's a Girl...Documentary

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm surprised by the reactions here.

Pro-choice is "pro-choice"? Isn't it?

Does there need to be an approved reason for it?

I get told repeatedly that it is a woman's body and her choice regarding the life of the infant.

Everyone should know by now that I am anti-death of a pre-born human. So I won't even argue the point.

But I wanted to post my curiosity as to why so many who are okay with abortion, aren't okay with this.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

One can support another's right to choose for themself without one necessarily supporting another's reasons for doing such a thing.

In other words, I support her right to choose but that doesn't mean her actions and her reasons for performing those actions aren't inherently abominable.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm sure your sentiments are sincere. Personally, I don't believe this story to be sincere, although I'm sure that there is a some woman somewhere that has aborted a fetus based on it's male gender. But, it's all too common, and reluctantly accepted internationally, that females are regularly being aborted based on their (lack of) worth. This story seems to have gained traction simply because it's the opposite sex being aborted.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This story smells like an urban legend in the making. If it's not, and I would be stunned it weren't, than this woman has some serious mental illness that needs to be addressed.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't think about it one way or the other.

I just find the extreme reaction from men in feminist threads amusing.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

One can support another's right to choose for themself without one necessarily supporting another's reasons for doing such a thing.

In other words, I support her right to choose but that doesn't mean her actions and her reasons for performing those actions aren't inherently abominable.

But if you don't think her reasoning is valid, are you still supporting her right to choose?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It certainly is not pro choice is pro choice.

As I have mentioned, I believe that even if the only reason that a woman does not want to bring a baby to term, is that she is simply not prepared to have a child in her life, and cannot go through the maturation and birth phases for reasons pertaining to that level of preparedness (which are both major moments in a psychological manner of speaking), then that is her own affair.

But getting rid of a baby because it is the wrong gender, or because she HATES that gender so much... That is an abomination no matter which way you look at it. I have had friends who have had abortions, just as I said above, because they could not handle the whole shebang. Any of it. Massive psychological deal, of which they wanted no part, and I stood by my besty when she had one for that exact reason.

But being prepared to have a baby but discarding it because of a pathological hatred of men, bought on largely by the inability of the woman concerned to STOP GENERALISING ABOUT PEOPLE, is just appalling.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Truly awful. My mum always says "children are a blessing" no matter what sex they are. All of my friends and workmates were happy to have healthy children "with 2 arms and 2 legs". It does not matter what sex they are just be grateful that you have children. Something awfully wrong here. This person should never be allowed to have any children at all.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Let's figure out how we could increase the level of manufactured outrage. Wait...I know. Let's make her an illegal alien sluuty lesbian feminist Muslim on welfare moldy salami serving lunch lady whore with thin uterine walls having a baby boy with Down syndrome? No wait, didn't quite get Obama in there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join