It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist Aborts Baby Because It Is Male

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just curious if you're equally disgusted when hearing about women aborting females babies in India and China?

In China, it is often forced abortion.

Beijing introduced measures around 1980 to restrict family sizes, limiting most urban couples to one child and rural families to two if the first-born is a girl. Forced abortions and sterilizations became prevalent.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm sure your sentiments are sincere. Personally, I don't believe this story to be sincere, although I'm sure that there is a some woman somewhere that has aborted a fetus based on it's male gender. But, it's all too common, and reluctantly accepted internationally, that females are regularly being aborted based on their (lack of) worth. This story seems to have gained traction simply because it's the opposite sex being aborted.

You ever heard of a thing called over exposure and desensitization. This stuff has been happening to girl babies for so long, and usually in places so far from home we can do nothing about it. It's not that people don't care, it's that it's one of the billion things we've been overexposed to, and been forced to become desensitized to for so long since we cannot do anything about it. One can only get up in arms about something so much before it gets added to the list of a billion wrongs in the world we need to hear about regularly and learn to cope with.

Yes that this is a male rather than female makes it news, for one it's something new, and two, it's not that far from home. It has people talking about these issues again. Which the same old wasn't going to do, because it's happening systematically and constantly, and we can do nothing about it, need to cope and live our lives. It's not that no one cares, it's that, dammit we can't spend our lives up in arms about every regularly occurring travesty.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Right?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yes. Even though I find her actions disgusting. I simply have no right to make decisions for other adults.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Just curious if you're equally disgusted when hearing about women aborting females babies in India and China?

Beijing introduced measures around 1980 to restrict family sizes, limiting most urban couples to one child and rural families to two if the first-born is a girl. Forced abortions and sterilizations became prevalent.

A violation of epic proportions in my opinion. But, due to the "One Child" policy, many Chinese women CHOSE to have abortions based on gender, preferring to keep males over females, voluntarily.

edit on 9-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Feminism that simply wants to achieve equality of the sexes is one thing, but those feminists who believe in the superiority of the female sex, and whose actions accompany these beliefs, disgust me. It is plainly obvious that there are differences between males and females, but the overall superiority of either sex is not something that can be factually established. Sure women are better at some things and men are better at others, but this is not absolute. The sexes are complementary, and anyone who believes in the superiority of either sex is extremely ignorant, just like anyone who believes in the superiority of any single race is ignorant. Racism is a great comparison in my opinion, because the ideas are so similar in that they involve superiority based on a biological condition. Now to hate the male race so much that you would kill a baby simply because he is male should be tantamount to a hate crime in my opinion. Of course there is the legality issue of abortion in various areas, and the debates that go along with that, but should killing a baby for one reason be considered the same as killing a baby because of its sex? I assume that if abortion is legal then the reason behind the abortion does not matter, but it is still horrible to know that the abortion only took place because the baby was male.

Wouldn't this woman have to have sex, or at the very least have male sperm injected into her womb? Doesn't this imply that she is a hypocrite, considering she hates the male race enough to kill her baby, but not enough to avoid male interaction where sex or procreation is concerned? And to top it all off, she is too ignorant to make an inference from her experience- which is that she NEEDS a male to procreate in the first place, and that this implies that both sexes are equally important. In any case this woman is placing her beliefs in something that can easily be disproved. It is one thing to believe in something that cannot be proven one way or the other, such as religion, but the stupidity enters the picture when one clings to a belief that is obviously untrue, and can proven to be the case. The superiority of any race or either sex is in this category of stupidity.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I also wouldn't be entirely shocked if this "Lana" was just some "meninist" supporter attempting to smear legitimate feminism and equality efforts.

A reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Makes sense. Was my first impression, otherwise just some crazy chick. I have no problem with early abortion but at the age the sex of a fetus can be detected is crossing the line.

And, if true, she's utterly missing the point that raising decent men does a world of good for women.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: beezzer

Yes. Even though I find her actions disgusting. I simply have no right to make decisions for other adults.

Now you know how I feel when people talk of any type of abortion.

But that's a topic for another day.

Thank you for answering my questions.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Nyiah
Obviously, men are good enough to bang, just not raise or form attachments to like a normal person. In my opinion, that just makes her a whore. I assume unpaid, but a whore all the same.

Somewhat off topic ...BUT >>>

Change the men to women ... and that's what many men have

been doing for years? Do you have a similar name (whore) for them?

Indeed I do.

Manwhore.

Any other ridiculous questions?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

A violation of epic proportions in my opinion. But, due to the "One Child" policy, many Chinese women CHOSE to have abortions based on gender, preferring to keep males over females, voluntarily.

Forced abortion in China is actually illegal.

Local governments have been known to take matters into their own hands. But, it is illegal.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Forced abortion in China is actually illegal.

Local governments have been known to take matters into their own hands. But, it is illegal.

I think I knew that. Also, I remember reading that China has eased up on its "One Child" policy.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

She claims to have gotten mad at her driver and had a bad experience with a man at occupy wall street rally. That's messed up as it stands.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Im surprised that so many here actually believe this to be true . By the time the sex is determined it's too late to opt for an abortion for any reason other than lives at risk. Unless the law is different in the US?

Another thing that surprises me is that this type of thing happens multiple times everyday, it's just called IVF and gender selection. Why is it that no one screams murderous whores in these cases?

Disclaimer, if a woman is allowed to end a pregnancy after 16 weeks for the reason of gender then I too would be appalled . The blame would and should be put on a few people not only the woman carrying it. As someone said earlier if this were true she has serious neurological issues.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoopyLou
Im surprised that so many here actually believe this to be true . By the time the sex is determined it's too late to opt for an abortion for any reason other than lives at risk. Unless the law is different in the US?

I think there is DNA testing at about 7 weeks.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If this is real then I'll eat every poster in this thread's hat.
edit on 9-2-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
That's not a feminist, that's a misandrist.

Still a stupid person, but let's attach the right label eh?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If true, this isn't a result of feminism; this is the result of stupidity and superstition. If false, it is political and ideological nonsense.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged
If this is real then I'll eat every poster in this thread's hat.

As long as you give me your address so I can mail my old one to ya....

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

THIS is the sort of crap that makes ME mysanthropic.
AFTER 40 years of watching this nut game I just stick to myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This woman should be euthanized just based on her ignorance and stupidity alone. I mean really? Should she be allowed to breathe our air?
edit on 10/2/15 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join