It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist Aborts Baby Because It Is Male

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Well, her body, her ef'd up decision, her consequences. From my point of view however, she's the load her momma should have swallowed. You don't abort based on gender, you abort for maybe rape or sever birth defects or something reasonable. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior and why would she tell anyone anyway, I wonder if she's just another attention whore?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What? That's abosolutely not what I'm saying. Im more convinced that this story was cooked up to rile antiabortion supporters against feminism. If it is true, I think it's a terrible REASON to choose to have an abortion, and I believe I made that sentiment clear.

a reply to: jheated5

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I would never identify with this woman as a feminist. .

Just the name feminism is another divide tactic.

Imagine if from the beginning, we used the word Egalitarianism...
...well it does take more IQ to say the word egalitarianist than feminist so maybe it wouldn't have been a hit anyway.

Maybe this story isn't true but only fuel to call for anti abortion legislation's?

If this is true, this women is sad to see.
To think that about 50% of the population is automatically an enemy is something I couldn't live with.
edit on 9-2-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I realize that this story is likely to cause emotional reactions. That having been said, I would ask members to please refrain from making threats or suggestions regarding other punishments that should or should not be delivered upon this "woman".

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Thanks. Also click bait on my browser at least. This is ghastly. Im all for the right to choose, but usually, not always, but for the most part, babies are 4-6 months along before the sex is determined at a regular ultrasound. That's a pretty advanced baby. Still a woman's choice, but the wrong reason in my opinion.

I also wouldn't be entirely shocked if this "Lana" was just some "meninist" supporter attempting to smear legitimate feminism and equality efforts.

A reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

On comment made the most sense. They said it seemed to follow a plot line from Season 2 of Horror Story with a character, also named Lana. The difference being the character was raped, this Lana was not. They made mention that if it's fake, now that it's on Reddit, the redditors will tear it up.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
On aborting a child because it's a male...

"To me, the experience was liberating"

On people who want her dead for that...

"Those are the minds of mentally disturbed individuals."

This has to be some sort of propaganda.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is not feminism, it's misandry. Big difference.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I hope they do find out this is untrue.

a reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Obviously, men are good enough to bang, just not raise or form attachments to like a normal person. In my opinion, that just makes her a whore. I assume unpaid, but a whore all the same.

Somewhat off topic ...BUT >>>

Change the men to women ... and that's what many men have

been doing for years? Do you have a similar name (whore) for them?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You don't abort based on gender, you abort for maybe rape or sever birth defects or something reasonable. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior and why would she tell anyone anyway

I'm not too sure about that. It's embraced in India and nobody in the civilized West seems to bat an eyelid about it.
Fewer girls are born in India

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Arabs used to bury them alive before Muhammad arrived...

The Chinese were throwing them in the trash and leaving them in the gutter up until recently...

Heaven will be full of females...

Not so sure about males though.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This + ISIS.

We gotta focus on the positive things in the world but its really hard to do.

Work on your spiritual self.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I had a different reaction. I admit that I did not read the articles but instead only the comments with quotes in this thread. My thought was that maybe later she may have a child. A female child. What is to say that she raises the child to follow her beliefs and the child ends up being the exact opposite. The child may feel she is full of hate and rage that is unrealistic. The child could grow up to meet a man that is warm and kind. "Lana" feels that she could not control the male child to the point that he would follow in her footsteps. There is no guarantee that a female child would follow in her footsteps either.

Haven't we all said at on time or another that we DON'T want to be like our parents? That we make sure that we do not make the same mistakes as our parents. Even if this is just a story, I think it would be wise to consider all the outcomes that could come about if this woman was to raise a child.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
She's insane.

Nothing more; nothing less.

Insanity doesn't really upset me any longer. I call it what it is. Ignore it. Move on.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Obviously, men are good enough to bang, just not raise or form attachments to like a normal person. In my opinion, that just makes her a whore. I assume unpaid, but a whore all the same.

Unfaithful? Cheater? Lout?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

It does always amuse me the extreme reaction men have to these kinds of threads.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am having a hard time believing this story. Everything about it seems fabricated.

I am going to file this under propaganda till it can be substantiated.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

They're scum too. Being a pig isn't exclusive to either sex.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm not buying this story for a minute, I think it's a cooked up sensationalism piece meant to rile everybody. That being said, I doubt many who judge this hypothetical case would find any reason for an abortion okay.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
She b trollin.

Who cares?

People have abortions all the time just cause they dont want to raise a kid with the person.

Emotional reaction overfloweth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join