It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians will burn in hell for claiming jesus to be their savior

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hell is eternal separation from God.

We are all going to stand in His presence and know Him for a brief bit at the end. We will all be judged. Those who accept that we did wrong and repent, accept Christ and the forgiveness He represents and offers, can be reconciled to God.

so what about the 6 million jews who died in the holocaust? you know they dont accept jesus so what happens to them? christianity is a barbaric religion because it condemns to hell even good people who were victims of evil simply because they dont accept jesus.

But one christian told me here that a person can be saved even if they dont accept jesus.
see this post www.abovetopsecret.com...

Christ represents that element of forgiveness, repentance and humility. He also represents a body of teaching on how to incline your heart and soul toward Him. As Warm in Indy indicated, there are elements of that teaching found in strange places throughout the world in many of religious, spiritual, philosophical teachings. Enough to possibly incline one's heart toward God. Enough that you might recognize Him even without needing the direct teaching of Christ.

I know the deep feeling I have inside, and I will not rule out that there are other people who have that connection, who have been called, from other traditions.

For me, I believe that faith and salvation is far more than mere lip service but it is a state of being and for that reason, I think there may be many who call His name who are not "saved" and likely many who have not literally called Him who could be.

Since God is truly the only one who can judge, it is not for us to say. According to Christian teaching it has to do with Christ and what happened on the cross and a literal acceptance of that. There is a mystery there IMO. How literal you go is, of course, up to you.

I will say this - there is always a measure of accepting your imperfection and your sins and needing to call on Him for forgiveness of those sins. Otherwise, you stand naked before the Lord in your pride and must be called to account for all you have ever done in error and own all of it. I think that makes the main difference between those who will humble themselves and those who will not and it is what breaks you if you refuse to bend.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

As i Understand it "hell" aka "the lake of fire" does not exist until the throne judgement comes to pass. Everyone who has died so far is in a holding pattern except for a few.

See th e ones who refuse to be reconciled will be tosssed in th e lake,but it wont last a eternity. they will cease to exist. as in they never existed and their loved ones will forget they were even alive or had existed. Hence there will be no tears or sadness anymore after this.

Thats how you reconcile God is merciful even to his enemies. Because he will not eternally punish them but make them as if they had not existed.

ALso.non believers will be given th e chance to get to Know Jesus and God before this happens.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

His last act will to be.. save the souls that call to him in hell....

LOL Jesus and his priorities!

(Shakes head)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What is so funny about Jesus.

I do not get the humor. Can you explain?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I like how you worded that.

Not to get to personal. I have my little prayer times. I only pray for others to have good luck and health.
I'm not completely atheist. I have some inner drive of faith. I just don't know what it is. I just think of it as my inner consciousness.
Some people I know scold me for this. Tell me if I don't accept Jesus as my lord and savior, then I'm doomed to hell.
What about just being a good person?

I know the Greeks had Hades. And to be honest, I thought hell came along for Christians during the writings of Dante's Inferno.
I could be wrong. As I said I'm not a religious scholar.
To many wars and hatred has started over what seems to me, an idea.
I want to believe in something else. It's scary to think this could be it.

I go back to basic science teachings. Energy is Neither created or destroyed....
That's important to me. If my body cease to exist. My energy moves on.
And if energy has a consciousness. Then I could move at the speed of thought! Forget faster than light travel.

I'm certainly glad there are those here who have read the bible and other religious teachings. I don't understand it.
All I know is there is a feeling in my gut that makes me feel remorse and happiness.
If I see the old lady walking home with her bags......I'M THAT GUY who stops and give her a ride.
If I had a patient in an ambulance who was afraid..... I WAS THAT MEDIC WHO HELD THEIR HANDS.

Some 17 years as a Paramedic/FF2. And I got to admit. Something inside me wonders if I'll be judged for it.
The question WHAT IF will get you every time.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Energy can be consumed.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

His last act will to be.. save the souls that call to him in hell....

LOL Jesus and his priorities!

(Shakes head)

I know I know....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

It was good reading... but holy cow did it make me feel scared. And it was only Christian Fiction.
The books were good. However Kirk Cameron and Nicholas Cage destroyed the series as a movie.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Exactly lol thats why i.didnt even respond to it

a reply to: rokkuman

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Energy can be consumed.

Lol... don't put that thought in my head. There are literally Twillions and gazzillions of possibilities.. if my energy is going to be consumed. There better be pancakes, butter and maple syrup involved!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Christ represents that element of forgiveness, repentance and humility.

jesus is a puppet. and god is hitler.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Its a shame that youre so shammed into a lifelong scam. Im open to the idea of an afterlife, but the little carpenter jesus coming back on his white horse to save all his christians? That sir, is the most retarded thing i have ever heard.

a reply to: deadeyedick

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Whoa! Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzy Bear just hitched a ride with the Swedish Chef! And left Elvis in the building!
Sheesh! I'll stop typing now. ~claps hands~ I'm out.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LongishLongo

What do you have against white horses?

I think that horse may be a dog.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

let me be clearer here. jesus is the honey and god is the flytrap.

brute force and parlor tricks no longer work in a society where both google and the cops are available at the press of a button. now they have to be subtle. they have to be quiet. they have to be passive aggressive. they have to follow the rules of another game while trying to plant the roots for their own game. they have to come at us from the side through our screens and our earbuds instead of head on with torches and pitchforks. spirituality is a front for their political and social schemes. god doesnt pay the bills nearly as well as a thousand mindless drones who are already very good at doing what they are told, hence the money. and while these figureheads may believe what they sell right up to second to last rung on the ladder, thats only because who better to sell you crack than an addict?

anyone who is studied in business strategy, in cult psychology, in political riposte, will recognize ALL of the tricks employed by Religion ® . it is your choice to give them the benefit of the doubt, just as it is your choice to stop asking questions completely. but here is a question for you: what side will you be on when Hydra unveils itself and SHIELD goes to hell?

be smart...be careful.
edit on 8-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I think that book you read may have influenced you.

When armageddon happens do you plan on dialing 911 or just googling Jesus?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

in case of emergency, practicality before sentimentality.

it could save lives instead of mourning them.

also, that book i read simply borrowed from (and embellished) on a classic known as "the emperors new clothes".

but please, continue telling me how my imagination is running away with me. its not like people have ever used spirituality or politics to exploit one another for material gain.
edit on 8-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

OK. You left me wondering. That helps clear up what you meant.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24
Nice idea, but the analogy is all wrong.

People don't go to hell for not believing in Jesus.
They go to hell because the only way to NOT go to hell IS Jesus.

A (poor) analogy would be this:
that you, in the middle of the ocean following a shipwreck, turn down the rescue helicopter, saying "thanks, but I'm good."
The means for your salvation has already been achieved. Whether you keep floating in the ocean or not... that's up to you.

But your analogy only works if the helicopter trying to "rescue" you is the same one that blew up your ship.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Great grab of the title.
I tend to stay the hell away from religious threads.

You're missing out on some serious entertainment, bro. They evoke a special type of nausea, but can be so worth it sometimes.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I plan on standing on the highest hill, staring out over the fire & brimstone, cackling maniacally, & screaming
"I TOLD YOU SO!"

Ahh, soon soon I hope.
edit on 8-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join