It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians will burn in hell for claiming jesus to be their savior

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Duality is real & it is evil.
web.photodex.com...

This slideshow gets into the tree of life also.

You speak of logic in regards to reincarnation, but spout pure conjecture.

I will read your post again later & try to make more sense of it. I think we agree on some things, but there is a breakdown in communication perhaps.

a reply to: Rex282

Imo, the only truth found in human nature is fear of death; something religion very conveniently replaces.

edit on 11-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Rex282
I understand where you are coming from however this is flawed thinking.Re-incarnation is not going to "right a wrong" or improve anything especially if all religion is wrong it is just digging a new deeper hole in an old hole that leads to nowhere.

I'm not necessarily saying that reincarnation exists, just that it is the safe bet and most likely true given the premise that god is "all loving".

If there is a creator God nothing mankind can think is the solution to a dilemma that doesn't even exist.The fact would be (and is) there is no such place as hell nor heaven so there is nothing anyone can do to "get" there.They are both false constructs of the religious carnal mind.The only thing you can do (and is required) is to live your life.There is zero things anyone can do to solve this conundrum of "why are we here".It will all come out in the wash .

You aren't telling me anything I don't know. I certainly don't believe in hell and heaven is just as unlikely.

I don't see life as a "safe" bet for anything.The re incarnation vicious cycle has just as much chance as being truth as heaven...none.It certainly wouldn't be proof of a"all loving creator God".It is much more reasonable that this life is a conception and all efforts to make "sense" of it by religion or mysticism is foolish.That would be like a zygote believing by it's efforts and "knowledge(of nothing) it made it's cell divide until it formed complex organs of a human body.

The fact is all anyone can do is just "live" the life they have.It is an absolute you WILL die...very,very,very soon in relationship to time.The religious and mystic mind believes there is a score card and the more points the better their life will be!However if reason is true they haven't even begun to LIVE yet.They may only be a spermatozoon seeking an ovum to penetrate.One thing is for sure ...none caused their conception into a human.Only the delusional would believe that.

Re incarnation may be true but it would not be ANYTHING like anyone thinks it is.It for sure is not a Mulligan.If you suck at golf you suck.Mulligans don't make you better.Getting a new swing does...practicing the same bad swing only makes you better at being bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LongishLongo
Notice how stupid that title sounds? Thats the same way anyone with logic feels, when you tell them they'll burn in hell for not believing your religion.

I think you're logic is impeccable. Christians would agree if you believe
in any other diety (as in another religion are going to hell) but
they don't like it too much when you say it to them.

Personally, I am Gnostic. No one can prove the existence of Jesus
(in fact that wasn't even his name in the un translated scriptures;
it was Joshua (or Yeshua in Hebrew).

So personally, I think asking an entity that is incorrectly named
(an invocation actually, for possession) should think twice
until they actually read the bible (yes, not a translation but
the original text)

Because Christians are asking an entity named Jesus who does
not appear anywhere In the bible, so I don't know whose taking
possession of them, but its probably not Joshua (Yeshua)

Something to think about from a free thinker.

Rebel 5

edit on 11-2-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

The world religions have all been working themselves to this point for a while. The only thing that you can do to stop it is just not participate what so ever. Take your time here for what it is. Be nice to everyone, although people do not usually reciprocate. The way of the world needs to change, but if you think, speak, and do things in such a negative way, you are compromising the entire process. Just forgive, forget, and love, for literally the sake of humanity. I'm just trying to say, what is the purpose of starting a thread merely to offend people. Was it vengeance? Was is anger? Are you not, by posting such, participating in that very same negative and evil process? Do you at least understand what I am trying to say?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
All I can say to that is I hope you're right...How does it all ultimately work? None of us really know...We just debate/argue it out....I suppose this posting and all the others concerning atheism, Islam, Christianity doesn't really matter...We all get sorted out in the end one way or the other....

Long term conditioning...I laugh at that....I constantly change, i don;t always stop at stop signs or red lights, I am a big rule breaker....and am mostly a non conformist...Used to think god was a joke myself....thought evolution sounded fairly logical until it really didn't...Sure i pay my taxes...there are some things I am conditioned to sure, but I break the " conditioning often.... as in a lot...I would be in prison now if I were to confess to you the magnitude of the broken conditioning I have achieved in this life...But I like to mostly stay out of sight and out of mind....

Maybe you think i have been conditioned with Christianity.... maybe thats not what you are implying by asking me to research it....We don't know each other at all so if you are implying that i just chuckle to myself... I do wish all here good will but sometimes my opinion justt clashes with yours....no biggie

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Mods, I don' think you should have let them get away with that.

How can you say that is not a disrespectful comment not meant to agitate the human mind and manipulate human emotion?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Christians always throw out "but god gave you freewill" ok.. lets just say he did give you freewill. Now he puts you here in his image forgives your sins etc. So he put you here knowing you wouldnt believe in him, then throws you in hell for doing exactly what he knew you were going to do? Come on really? Thats ignorance

a reply to: Lazarus Short

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: twhite93
a reply to: Eunuchorn

The world religions have all been working themselves to this point for a while. The only thing that you can do to stop it is just not participate what so ever. Take your time here for what it is. Be nice to everyone, although people do not usually reciprocate. The way of the world needs to change, but if you think, speak, and do things in such a negative way, you are compromising the entire process. Just forgive, forget, and love, for literally the sake of humanity. I'm just trying to say, what is the purpose of starting a thread merely to offend people. Was it vengeance? Was is anger? Are you not, by posting such, participating in that very same negative and evil process? Do you at least understand what I am trying to say?

a reply to: twhite93

I couldn't agree more & I live life completely selflessly & always have. However, the thread isn't hateful atagonism, as it is ironic antagonism.

& without the creation of this thread, the post I quoted here would never have been seen by as many people that have now seen it, & in my opinion that is good exposure.
edit on 11-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't know if Jesus was real or not, but I sure like him, what I read. He had a heart for the poor. It is hard to believe that the christians now really believe in him the way they act. A post on my FB was from a friend that said her pastor said that God was going to answer prayers in 24 hours and send them money, just have to pray. Why not pray for peace and to end wars if God is answering prayers.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
I don't see life as a "safe" bet for anything.The re incarnation vicious cycle has just as much chance as being truth as heaven...none.It certainly wouldn't be proof of a"all loving creator God".It is much more reasonable that this life is a conception and all efforts to make "sense" of it by religion or mysticism is foolish.That would be like a zygote believing by it's efforts and "knowledge(of nothing) it made it's cell divide until it formed complex organs of a human body.

Perhaps you don't know me or something. I'm a pretty vocal agnostic on these boards. You aren't telling me anything I don't know. I know there is no evidence for anything spirituality related. I'm just make a case that reincarnation makes more sense than the one and done paradigm of Christianity. For the record, I don't really believe in either situation.

The fact is all anyone can do is just "live" the life they have.It is an absolute you WILL die...very,very,very soon in relationship to time.The religious and mystic mind believes there is a score card and the more points the better their life will be!However if reason is true they haven't even begun to LIVE yet.They may only be a spermatozoon seeking an ovum to penetrate.One thing is for sure ...none caused their conception into a human.Only the delusional would believe that.

Agreed.

Re incarnation may be true but it would not be ANYTHING like anyone thinks it is.It for sure is not a Mulligan.If you suck at golf you suck.Mulligans don't make you better.Getting a new swing does...practicing the same bad swing only makes you better at being bad.

All religious concepts work this way since they are all guesses. If spirituality is true, it is nothing like any human on earth has imagined it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Perhaps you don't know me or something. I'm a pretty vocal agnostic on these boards. You aren't telling me anything I don't know. I know there is no evidence for anything spirituality related. I'm just make a case that reincarnation makes more sense than the one and done paradigm of Christianity. For the record, I don't really believe in either situation..................

Yes I'm very aware of who you are it only takes a few posts.However just to clarify (because I already know what you believe) my point was stating that re-incarnation/learning ascension enlightenment etc etc.. is just as fallacious(if not immensely more so) than the Christian Pie in the sky salvation.It is devoid of any accountability just do a Mullligan life do over and when you finally makes that perfect shot it's all good you've graduated to being enlightened to truth.

My experience is every groovy guruist peace love and flowers espousing re-incarnationist I've met is that as soon as you disagree with them they are puking flowers on you.They are above it all because they have ascended to a higher plane of consciousness blahblahblah.It's even more turgid when they mix Christianity into their christ consciousness.They make "mere Christianity seem sensible.Mysticism is just extreme religion with more delusion.It is a make it up as you go concoction of foolishness.The people drunk on it will bore you to water falls tears with their pyscho babel then puke on you shoe.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Oh I won't disagree with you that it is based on its own assortment of assumptions and spiritual wingnuts. I'm just saying that it makes more sense in the context of an all loving god. If Christianity had embraced reincarnation instead of shunning it in favor of the heaven/hell account it may have taken more time for me to break out of the brainwashing from when I used to be Catholic.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Christians always throw out "but god gave you freewill" ok.. lets just say he did give you freewill. Now he puts you here in his image forgives your sins etc. So he put you here knowing you wouldnt believe in him, then throws you in hell for doing exactly what he knew you were going to do? Come on really? Thats ignorance

actually, thats entrapment.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I like The George Carlin routine where he talks about God first
made the 10 commandments and if you break any of them he'll
send you to hell to burn and suffer in agony for ever and ever...
BUT, he LOVES you!

lol

edit on 12-2-2015 by rebelv because: add quote

edit on 12-2-2015 by rebelv because: fix post

edit on 12-2-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Exactly! Lol

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
I like The George Carlin routine where he talks about God first
made the 10 commandments and if you break any of them he'll
send you to hell to burn and suffer in agony for ever and ever...
BUT, he LOVES you!

lol

You're replying to me? Yeah, George Carlin is a cool guy, good at pointing out BS in a funny way. If Hell really existed, he would have a point. Keep in mind what Laz sez: Heaven, yes. Hell, no!
edit on 13-2-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

As I told the other poster, you might have a good point if Hell actually existed. Your first hint is in Genesis, where we read of God making the heavens and the earth. No mention of Him making Hell? Nope, no, none, never. Read your Bible - ignore the preachers.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"You're replying to me? Yeah, George Carlin is a cool guy, good at pointing out BS in a funny way. If Hell really existed, he would have a point. Keep in mind what Laz sez: Heaven, yes. Hell, no!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't trying to be insulting, I think I replied to the wrong poster.

Did you say you don't believe in hell but do in heaven?

Well that's wonderful, I believe that also.

Rebel 5

edit on 14-2-2015 by rebelv because: fixing post

edit on 14-2-2015 by rebelv because: still fixing

edit on 14-2-2015 by rebelv because: hopefully post is fixed now

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

"You're replying to me? Yeah, George Carlin is a cool guy, good at pointing out BS in a funny way. If Hell really existed, he would have a point. Keep in mind what Laz sez: Heaven, yes. Hell, no!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebel 5

Laz is not insulted or offended, but glad that you know the truth about heaven & hell.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

Rebel 5

Laz is not insulted or offended, but glad that you know the truth about heaven & hell.

Why thank you.

Rebel 5

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join