It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians will burn in hell for claiming jesus to be their savior

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Great grab of the title.
I tend to stay the hell away from religious threads.

You're missing out on some serious entertainment, bro. They evoke a special type of nausea, but can be so worth it sometimes.

the type that comes with rainbows and bubbles?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: TzarChasm

I think that book you read may have influenced you.

When armageddon happens do you plan on dialing 911 or just googling Jesus?

Don't call 911! Me and the rest of us Medics will be calling off sick that day. Big fishing trip planned that day! J/k

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Awen24

Nice idea, but the analogy is all wrong.

People don't go to hell for not believing in Jesus.

They go to hell because the only way to NOT go to hell IS Jesus.

A (poor) analogy would be this:

that you, in the middle of the ocean following a shipwreck, turn down the rescue helicopter, saying "thanks, but I'm good."

The means for your salvation has already been achieved. Whether you keep floating in the ocean or not... that's up to you.

But your analogy only works if the helicopter trying to "rescue" you is the same one that blew up your ship.

So what if it is the same one.

That ship was holding you hostage and it was destroyed in such a way that you would survive to be rescued from your captors.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

When the bubbles pop, scripture quotes float of of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Lol..
I can never get to page 2 without conflict in the minds of these threads.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I think that book you read may have influenced you.

When armageddon happens do you plan on dialing 911 or just googling Jesus?

Don't call 911! Me and the rest of us Medics will be calling off sick that day. Big fishing trip planned that day! J/k

Easy you may spook my avatar.

Moby gets nerveous when fishing and nets are mentioned.

He once had a run in with a spear.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

looks like your eunuchorn is getting the worst of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Lol... moby is a mammal... fish are a different animal.
And to keep it thread worthy. Jesus will take my one fish... and multiply it.

Edit: I'm already going to take heat from PETA. I don't need GreenPeace on my butt for hunting whales.

edit on 8-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
but seriously, it strikes me as a flaw that christianity caters to those who are interested in self-preservation rather than those who are selfless. if you are rewarded for being a good person, you are naturally going to exercise your darker side more covertly. and how convenient that such schemes are easily dismissed via weekly confessions! whereas if you are rewarded for being a bad person, only those who are truly good would willingly take an eternity of punishment for not being bad.

but maybe thats just me and my screwy logic.

edit on 8-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Bigburgh

His last act will to be.. save the souls that call to him in hell....

LOL Jesus and his priorities!

(Shakes head)

I know I know....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

It was good reading... but holy cow did it make me feel scared. And it was only Christian Fiction.
The books were good. However Kirk Cameron and Nicholas Cage destroyed the series as a movie.

My personal feeling is that when/if that day comes, He will descend through the clouds. No one will actually see Him; it will look like some other phenomena, but those of us who recognize Him in our hearts will hear that call and we will go gladly.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That's because part of achieving what you call "self-preservation" is to be selfless.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's because part of achieving what you call "self-preservation" is to be selfless.

really? would you call a pack of wolves selfless? or a shark?

because in order to preserve the self, you have to be at least partly selfish. one does not maintain bodily mass and health by being anorexic.
edit on 8-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

That's just it almost. Before I move onto another thread.
What gets me. ( not all Christians ).
There's a sense of arrogance. Cocky, looked down on. I get this a lot in my area. Christians/catholics tend to aways give me advice.
In a sense that no matter how kind I can be. I'm wrong for not subscribing to their one and only religion. It's that kind of feeling you get, you're poor and we're rich. That kind of snobby mentality.

Example. I went to my aunts house for dinner. Her daughter has decided she is psychic ( bang my head on the wall ). My cousin read a book on how to help her with her New found abilities. It made sense to her. But more importantly. It made her want to help people. ( I was a biology major. Got my RN at 35 ) sooooo.. yea I'm amused.
Now my aunt has decided ( big Christian ) to quote scripture. That psychics is a hoax.. there is no proof. It's magical hocus pocus!
Goes on to say how the BIBLE IS FACT BECAUSE SHE READ IT, AND IT SAID SO.....( does the bible not talk of magic too?).
And she said it with absolution and arrogance.
At this point I decided I had a bowel issue. So I extricated myself from dinner and bolted to Taco Bell.

Oh great Chalupa! At least you understand me! I was so cranked. I got a 10 pack of tacos and mountain dew to go.
Got home and fired up GRAND THEFT AUTO 5! Put the volume on 11... that's therapy!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: windword

His last act will to be.. save the souls that call to him in hell....

LOL Jesus and his priorities!

(Shakes head)

I know I know....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

It was good reading... but holy cow did it make me feel scared. And it was only Christian Fiction.
The books were good. However Kirk Cameron and Nicholas Cage destroyed the series as a movie.

My personal feeling is that when/if that day comes, He will descend through the clouds. No one will actually see Him; it will look like some other phenomena, but those of us who recognize Him in our hearts will hear that call and we will go gladly.

I hope you're right. We need to wipe the slate clean. I got nothing against Christians. I just wish some would quit being so mean.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
From my point of view:

Yeshua taught faith without works is dead.
Paul taught faith in Jesus name matters more regardless of what I do.

Who should I believe Yeshua or Paul? Should I do what what Yeshua taught or believe that Paul understood better than Yeshua and just have faith in Jesus name cleaning up my mess.

I think I will follow the teachings of Yeshua instead to make sure I do not fall under Matthew 25:31-46.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
From my point of view:

Yeshua taught faith without works is dead.
Paul taught faith in Jesus name matters more regardless of what I do.

Who should I believe Yeshua or Paul? Should I do what what Yeshua taught or believe that Paul understood better than Yeshua and just have faith in Jesus name cleaning up my mess.

I think I will follow the teachings of Yeshua instead to make sure I do not fall under Matthew 25:31-46.

I'm of the belief that when you find faith it brings about works because it inclines you to right. So faith brings about works. Faith without works is as empty as works without faith. The two come together in harmony and complement and depend on one another. Or the outward seeming reflects the inward being ... by their fruit shall you know them.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

And I would say the mean ones haven't been paying the attention they should.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Religion doesn't make sense anyway. The basic idea it tries to get across is: Be good to each other. Don't kill your neighbor, don't sleep with his wife and be kind to everyone, right? So, if I do all that, if I am just as good as the religious person, but don't believe in God, I burn for eternity. Huh?

I think it depends on the religion you look at. The Christian religion is different in that it says even if you don't kill, don't cheat, and are kind most of the time you still fall short, you still need a savior. Your view is that all religions are of works based views. Thats simply untrue.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: ketsuko

Christ represents that element of forgiveness, repentance and humility.

jesus is a puppet. and god is hitler.

I can not believe two people gave you stars for that cruel statement. Who gave you the right to judge anyone? Nothing but pure hate.

For someone who openly shows this type of hate must also show it on others. I would bet that you have a terrible life.

I find your statement offensive. Didn't your parents ever teach you to respect others? While growing up didn't anyone ever teach you "If you have nothing good to say than keep it to yourself"?

Before you judge someone else why don't you first look in the mirror. I bet there is a lot of work needed on that reflection.

Shame on you and shame on anyone who agrees to be a hater.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Awen24

Nice idea, but the analogy is all wrong.

People don't go to hell for not believing in Jesus.

They go to hell because the only way to NOT go to hell IS Jesus.

A (poor) analogy would be this:

that you, in the middle of the ocean following a shipwreck, turn down the rescue helicopter, saying "thanks, but I'm good."

The means for your salvation has already been achieved. Whether you keep floating in the ocean or not... that's up to you.

But your analogy only works if the helicopter trying to "rescue" you is the same one that blew up your ship.

So what if it is the same one.

That ship was holding you hostage and it was destroyed in such a way that you would survive to be rescued from your captors.

Touche. That's the best comeback I've heard from that logic. I don't agree with it but it's a good response, none the less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join