It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News’ blood-lusty low...snuff films

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stuship

KILLING a live HUMAN BEING on TELEVISION is NOT OKAY.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

So killing a live human being not on television is okay? I'm not really understanding your point. Are you opposed to people seeing them for what they truly are? I mean isn't this a site full of conspiracy people who always say provide me the video. I want to see for myself that it isn't propaganda, but then turn around and say releasing the video is propaganda.

Make up your mind. I'm glad it is public, and available to see. It is horrific, and has exposed ISIS as not even close to a Muslim organization. They are just a bunch of murderous psychopaths that use a religion the same way as a bunch of murder psychopaths have used religion in the past.

This video is the first thing that has the potential to change the Muslim world from being bystanders to active participants in dealing with its radical issue. It was all find and dandy when it was our building blown up, but now all those crazies are in their backyard. They can't be big fans of eating what they've cooked.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wow respect to Fox for showing people the real world.

From now on though they set a president and stick to it whether the person is Jordanian, Russian, Japanese and especially American.

The hate for Fox is just because they are generally douchebags, but the media shouldnt hide atrocities, people should get mad.
edit on 7-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

I wonder if the people crucifying FOX are the same ones that applaud the wikileaks footage?
edit on 7-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
gawker.com...

Maybe kind of "off-topic". But "isis" are like Internet trolls and using Twitter to get media like CNN attention!

And medias enter theire game... The end of this article is :

"The only step remaining is the jump from Twitter to television, from a jihadi booster's screen to CNN's. Alkhouri says that the media itself makes this easy for ISIS: "a big number of followers from [ISIS] accounts are actually analysts and journalists...a lot of [media] end up giving a voice to the jihadis through RT." Alkhouri admits there's "a very fine line between reporting the news and distributing the propaganda.""

Sorry i'm not english btw! ( French
)

English might not be your first language, but you get your point across! I wish people would take more time to think about this --- the sentence above highlighted in red, I mean.

FOX has been played!

(the others aren't much better)
edit on 2/8/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Watched nearly all 22 minutes of it. Most of it is the victim speaking about the "Crusader Coalition" (Infidels). Naming off countries and what type of aircraft and weaponry they use. All of this is in Arabic with no subtitles, save a few clips of politicians. There are a lot of visual effects and some cinematography. The whole thing is like a short film. In fact I thought it was bogus until mid-way through the burning. I won't describe it.. Their is some music in the background so you don't hear flames or screams (save what sounded like generic movie screams). After the man falls back dead, they flattened and buried the cage with a tractor. At that point I stopped watching.
edit on 2-8-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer
You stopped watching then?
I haven't even started, I don't like to see things I cannot 'unsee'

I probably will eventually, but to see someone burn...alive, that's just WAY too sick.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

It's disgusting that it's real, yes.

Visually though, you see worse coming out of Hollywood.

Besides the fact it was real, only one other aspect disturbed me.

That being what made me stop thinking it could be bogus.

The close-up and the ears towards the end.

edit on 2-8-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Creditability and the news is like oil and water.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I personally DON'T watch these videos.

I feel like it's playing right into the ISIS strategy.

That being said, that's MY decision. I find no problem with Fox, or CNN, or even MSNBC posting the video.

If you want to watch it, watch it. If you don't then don't. As far as those who may watch it and didn't really want too...too bad, you should have thought it out before you clicked on it.

It's called Freedom of the press, and Freedom of choice to watch it or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: Stuship

KILLING a live HUMAN BEING on TELEVISION is NOT OKAY.

A message better delivered to those that recorded it.

However, I'm 100% sure they don't care at all about your feelings on the matter.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Did we not understand the gruelling death of this poor man by the still pictures ?
Why not show the other killed prisoners but only this one? Did fox get payed allot of money by IS to show this one?

And where's the media consolidation about this one? If a UFO lands in time square they block it, but oh burning someone alive that's really enjoying! Does Fox have a serial killer channel or something?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Firstly, I'm not left or right wing. So don't even try with that liberal crap.

Secondly, I don't believe in censorship and think people do indeed need to know about what really happens in this F'd up world.

BUT, this is bad journalism because it is glorifying this poor guys murder to any would-be jihadists watching. Stirring that pot real good, ain't they?

Look at the UK and all the Muslims that keep leaving to go join a terrorist training camp in Syria. Young American Muslims will start doing the same. Why? Because it's glorified in the media.

When a mass murder happens, you can guarantee that the media will glorify the killer, which only inspires more would-be killers to do the same.

The American media has been warned time and time again not to do this, but they don't care. Obviously.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I havent see the video or pictures, but I can still understand the pain and suffering the poor guy must have endured.
I dont need to see the pictures, it has been independently verified, after seeing a guy lose his head with a chainsaw I dont really need to see anymore, unless there is doubt over authenticity. Which there isnt in this case.
Seeing a person melt really isnt on my to do list. I wont be seeking out the video or pictures.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kykweer

I wonder if the people crucifying FOX are the same ones that applaud the wikileaks footage?

...but...but...but....that's different.
That HAD to be seen and it is "ok" because it provides outrage towards "murica" and "the west" et al.

Seriously though, you make a damned good point and I can guarantee many that are complaining about this are those you speak of.

Such a sad state the world is in when they collectively refuse to know the ugly truths of this world because it "upsets their sensibilities"....

...Must be nice to live in a bubble where butterflies and unicorns reign supreme, where there is no violence...no evil people.

Sometimes, I wish I could crawl back into that bubble, but it doesn't work that way.
The world needs to see....period. Any excuses as to why it shouldn't be shown are simply that, excuses.

That said, I don't like Foxnews (or the mainstream at all, for the most part)......but I don't fault them for showing this. (Btw...they used still shots on the main page. One had to actually seek out the video. It wasn't "in your face")

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I find it very telling with all the snip going on about Brian Williams and NBC the infamous bash Fox News thread pops up.

What's really interesting is that he's catching flak from everyone - across the board - all media outlets...

I don't suppose that any of that will register with you...

When I made this thread neo - I was trying to make a point. More than one actually. But, out of all of that I think what I most wanted to do was understand - how far will people go to defend an act, a position, a party - a clan?

Which people will speak out publicly against something almost unfathomably wrong - and who will defend it no matter what?

Murdoch is about more than the news. The actual news will turn on itself more often than not

No other news agency but Fox ran with this video

edit on 2/8/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I think the ultimate bottom line to this thread isn't whether or not a channel should show any gruesome murder in it's entirety, but rather, what is wrong with the mental faculties of people who seem to feel the need to see it themselves?

For me the two go together, but yeah - I wonder the exact same thing

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Lol conspiracy theorists are hell bent on believing some things. There are obviously differenct degrees of how "bad" people are, but if they believe FOX is evil you will simply not convince them Fox did something to support their ideas, they will simply oppose everything Fox does, same goes for how Fox oppose EVERTYTHING Obama does because everything he does is apparantly inherently "evil". Then you have the group of people that believe everything wikileaks does is awesome even if they spread footage of people being brutally murdered. Also the NLBS videos that DARE oppose their opinions that youtube videos show Reptiles are transforming, paranoid conspiracy theorists believe is out to get them completely

But we keep coming back

Having said that and having reconsidered my previous post i guess i am split on the consequences of a msm outlit showing this video:

1- are we feeding the terrorist by spreading this brutality to the mainstream to scare people

2- should we make this video MORE freely available to show ISIS they dont scare us and make the point that they may take our eye but we will take their whole head.

PS I havent watched the video, started watchig it, the time bar froze so I couldnt skip the Arabic part and I have not felt bothered to watch it since. We all know what they are already.
edit on 8-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Nyiah

I think the ultimate bottom line to this thread isn't whether or not a channel should show any gruesome murder in it's entirety, but rather, what is wrong with the mental faculties of people who seem to feel the need to see it themselves?

For me the two go together, but yeah - I wonder the exact same thing

Human curiosity.

Like the car accident phenomena, they dont want to look, but cant help themselves and eventually cant look away.

I used to live on a street with a lot of car accidents and you would get 100s of people coming out in the middle of the night to see what happened, no matter how brutal it could end up being. They sure would not get out of bed for a fender bender.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

You and I may be far apart on a continuum in politics, but this is a television station. I don't appreciate FOX for the same reason I don't appreciate MSNBC. They are both heavily propagandized in my opinion. But as a news junkie, I have to watch something, (or I get the shakes) lol. So I get little bits and snatches from all them, and newspapers and junk.

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nice try, neo. But - alas - I DO from time to time watch Fox News. I DO pay attention to what they are doing.

Not for 'news', though - for anthropological research.

:-)

I'm a news junkie too - have been since I was old enough to read the paper or watch the news. That's been a while... The internet is a disaster for people like me - I appreciate it and wish it would just go away at the same time

I've always felt that I have to know different points of view - I read from both the left and the right regularly

Which, of course - is why this thread. This is new - this is something that deserves some attention

Neo can't understand why some of us consider Fox to be an existential threat :-) Funny...

Murdoch is to the news what the Kochs are to politics. That level of influence deserves some scrutiny

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

:-)

god - I love that...

His career is likely over. It's a shame - but some people take this stuff seriously and will police their own

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join