It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News’ blood-lusty low...snuff films

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: neo96

Yes, seriously. I'm not clicking on your link. Just type out which networks showed it.
And, I asked you what you would do if you were in charge right ow.
I already said I WILL NOT watch it.

It's safe to clink on the link because as usual Neo didn't bother to watch the videos in his link. Neither CNN nor NBC shows the video of the pilot being burned to death. The only one that does show it is of course youtube and a Christian news service so his typical "fake GD outrage" is as usual wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Thanks for the debrief. I appreciate your help in sparing me the torture of watching/searching and simply advising me what was found there.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: onequestion

Well said

Yes, but beez didn't 'say it.' Sherman did.

Now I'm really curious about beezzer's stance on continued war.

Beezzer? What is it you think is best?

I'm just a small voice on the internet. My opinion counts as much as a fart in a tornado. My opinion won't sway the White House, public opinion, or foreign relations.

Why is my opinion so important?

About the only thing I do care about and speak out anymore is any attempt at restricting freedoms, those few that we have left at any rate.
edit on 7-2-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

For what it's worth, ma'am, my opinion is better stated by Sherman's quote.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

For what it's worth ?

A bunch of people who never watch Fox News demagoguing them for a video they never saw on Fox News.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think the ultimate bottom line to this thread isn't whether or not a channel should show any gruesome murder in it's entirety, but rather, what is wrong with the mental faculties of people who seem to feel the need to see it themselves? I don't need to see him burn alive to know & understand that high temperatures & flesh do not make for a pleasant experience. Anyone who's had so much as a minor burn gets the idea, and anyone who's ever felt any kind of pain at all gets the idea.

In terms of social pushing of such a death for viewing purposes, we're going beyond the accident death photos from Rotten's site, this is perverse, demented voyeurism. Entertainment from another's agony.

Edit: I still find it twisted that it's apparently wrong to watch an American hostage's beheading, but ok to watch a foreigner burn to death. That's messed up logic. Not that I support viewing either, but it's still screwed in the head thinking.
edit on 2/7/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm just a small voice on the internet. My opinion counts as much as a fart in a tornado. My opinion won't sway the White House, public opinion, or foreign relations.

Why is my opinion so important?

I'm just curious. You know - actual conversation. The way to get to know someone is to ask them questions - people enjoy talking about themselves. I only asked out of respect (as opposed to 'assuming' I knew what you would advocate).

I'm ALSO just a small voice on the internet. Shouldn't we small voices try to understand one another?

edit on 2/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Thank you, sir. You remain an enigma.
I agree with the sentiment, in any case. I come from the Sherman clan, by the way - not that it matters.

Thanks for the response, though.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

A bunch of people who never watch Fox News demagoguing them for a video they never saw on Fox News.

Nice try, neo. But - alas - I DO from time to time watch Fox News. I DO pay attention to what they are doing.

Not for 'news', though - for anthropological research.

A bunch of people, eh?

Anyway, you didn't answer my question - instead, you're choosing to hide behind beezzer. (Or so it APPEARS.)

WHAT, neo96, would YOU recommend - if you were in charge?
It's a question directed to you - not to beezzer or anyone else. I might ask others the same question, but the motive is pure - to try to pick your brain for the source of your unease and any 'options' you might consider as a problem-solver type of angry person.

edit on 2/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Oh, and - you still haven't bothered to LIST FOR US what other networks (aside from FAUX) aired this sickening video.

edit on 2/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Because it needs to be seen.

This isn't the scary monster in Doctor Who that can't harm you because you're hiding behind a pillow. This isn't the boogeyman under the bed who can't get you if you hide under the blankets.

These people will do this to him. They would do this to you. Not pretend, not playfighting, but for real, and simply because you are not them.

The ones who are doing you the greatest disservice are the ones who want to hide the risks that you face. Sure, they might not be immediate risks, there might not be jihadists wandering the streets of your city with a can of gas and a zippo... but they are more motivated to create that situation than you are to stop it. The sooner you understand that - and not in some abstract or theoretical way, but in a real, in-your-face, cant-avoid-the-truth way - then the more motivated you will be to prevent it ever happening.

That's what gets my empathetic self in a knot, the Jordanian pilot could be any one of us in that cage being burned alive, really, all what one must do is get caught by the wrong people.
Here's a better alternative though, you can dig a pit with 50-100 of your comrades, then wait your turn to get shot in the back of the head while you convenienly fall into your cozy hole.
Sound better?
I'll take bullets for $100 Pat.
Survey says!......

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

That's what gets my empathetic self in a knot, the Jordanian pilot could be any one of us in that cage being burned alive, really, all what one must do is get caught by the wrong people.

Quite right - my empathetic self is also in a knot, and I'm so bewildered that I can barely think straight. It COULD be any one of us -

caught by the wrong people

which is all the more reason to not let people get control of an area or country over 'religion'. Then again - these monsters are not 'religious' - they are homicidal maniacs. Hiding behind 'dogma' that should long ago have been eradicated as barbaric nonsense. And that includes all Abrahamic religions.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

For what it's worth ?

Neo, why do you get so defensive about FOX news? You get your knickers in a knot everytime somebody says "FOX". It's like it's personal to you, somehow. Is it? Are you personally connected somehow to it?

You and I may be far apart on a continuum in politics, but this is a television station. I don't appreciate FOX for the same reason I don't appreciate MSNBC. They are both heavily propagandized in my opinion. But as a news junkie, I have to watch something, (or I get the shakes) lol. So I get little bits and snatches from all them, and newspapers and junk.

Truth is, I'm not all that enamored with any of them. I think I would like it better if they just reported an event, gave all the surrounding information, and then kept their mouths shut about what they think about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And obviously they committed this offensive pos because they WANTED the media attention. Somehow or other they perceive it as furthering their agenda. Why else would they put it on you-tube?

They probably had champagne toasts after it aired.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

You and I may be far apart on a continuum in politics, but this is a television station. I don't appreciate FOX for the same reason I don't appreciate MSNBC. They are both heavily propagandized in my opinion. But as a news junkie, I have to watch something, (or I get the shakes) lol. So I get little bits and snatches from all them, and newspapers and junk.

Truth is, I'm not all that enamored with any of them. I think I would like it better if they just reported an event, gave all the surrounding information, and then kept their mouths shut about what they think about it.

HIGH FIVE!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Because I am sick and tired of people whining about FOX NEWS.

IT is a FACT other people showed the video.

Hell ATS was linking it before Fox News ever got a hold of it.

Don't see anyone complaining about ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Okay. I was beginning to wonder if maybe you were Murdoch's nephew, or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I guess Murdoch owns Vimeo, and Liveleak.

Warning Graphic.

vimeo.com...

www.liveleak.com...

I find it very telling with all the snip going on about Brian Williams and NBC the infamous bash Fox News thread pops up.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I find it very telling with all the snip going on about Brian Williams and NBC the infamous bash Fox News thread pops up.

The Brian Williams fiasco is off limits for discussion by decree in the name of Progress.

His tall tales are up to the stratosphere.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Brian Williams fiasco is off limits for discussion by decree in the name of Progress.

His tall tales are up to the stratosphere.

I wish they would stop acting like Fox News was some kind of existential threat.

For the win!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Facing things for what they are is the quickest way to address them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join