It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone may have turned my baby into the shelter!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I want to cry! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but I've been praying so hard she would come home I just want to cry!

My sister and I have been monitoring the shelter site non-stop looking to see if she gets turned in before she is put to sleep. She has a very distinctive look. A grey tabby with a black stripe down her back with a black tipped tail, a white chin, and white rimmed eyes.

This is my baby girl, Trouble. She refuses to be an indoor cat. If you try, she takes the covers off the floor vents and will try and climb down them to escape outside. We think someone thought she was a stray and took her in, preventing her from coming home. She can be a right pain in the rear if she doesn't get her way, and if she annoyed them enough, they might have taken her to the shelter if they had enough of her crap. (Me, I love her crap. LOL)

Shelter

I know her face. Someone either turned in, or they found my baby. My sister is going to go tomorrow to confirm.

*Edit, it would seem she may have been turned in soon after my sister left the place. Seems my sister and I are the only ones willing to put up with her dog antics. LOL

edit on 2/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Its great shes coming home that's a happy ending...be sure to post a pic.....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Did you try putting posters up? Did you go to the shelter personally?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Its great shes coming home that's a happy ending...be sure to post a pic.....

I have to have my sister text it to me. She lives with her now, as her dog fell in love with my cat. He's a VERY anti-social beasty. Cute as a button, but anti-social to be sure. He hates all mammals, 2 and 4 legged variety, even her in the beginning, then one day, they were the best of friends. I asked my sister to watch her for me for a few months while I went to PA to find an apartment close to my daughter, one cat friendly, next thing I know I'm getting a text asking me if my sister could adopt her from me. It would seem her dog became Trouble's protector of sorts. Any animal that messed with her, had him to contend with. Since she's like me with animals, any in her path get spoilt beyond compare, I gave my blessing. As soon as she sends me pics, I'll be sure to share them! Wait till my daughter hears! You think I'm happy? I won't tell her till it's confirmed though. If I tell her that it's Trouble, then find it's not, it'll crush her. So I told my sister to text me the second she is in the car.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Did you try putting posters up? Did you go to the shelter personally?

I'm in PA. My cat now lives in NC with my sister where I used to live with her. And yes, my sister did all that. I don't know on the posters. She did Facebook posts in the area though. Even though my sister adopted her from me, we both still consider her my cat. I don't know the why's and wherefores, we just do. It's a thing I guess. My sister had rescued her from a tree in the area and for some reason, the little beastie took to me. Go figure. I think part of it is I could imitate her Star Trek purr/meow best.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I see. Maybe putting up posters on poles or whatever would work too. Somebody that doesn't have facebook could have it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I see. Maybe putting up posters on poles or whatever would work too. Somebody that doesn't have facebook could have it.

She might have done that. As I said, I honestly don't know what else she did, as I wasn't down there. I know she's been to the shelter every day this week and had just left when this cat came in, apparently. She's going to find out how much the fees are to pick her up and make sure it's her tomorrow. She and I both think, without a doubt it's her, just on the face and the nasty look alone. LOL She can be a mean beastie, but she's our beastie. LOL

**Edit to add, we tried adopting her out in the past, but she's such a pain in the rear, the guy actually brought her BACK! We actually like her quirks, but that's just us. As I told my sister earlier tonight, only psychos like other psychos. LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Good luck. I hope she gets her back.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I am sorry, butI am not sure that is the same cat. Yes I am accounting for age difference. The patterns while similar do not fit. The paws on the older cat are lighter, probably light grey, the younger cat has dark paws with copper and black stripes. The rings around the neck are different too. I hope I am wrong and that these differences are due to the poor quality of the shelter pic.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Good luck. I hope she gets her back.

Thank you. I appreciate that. If it's not her, I will accept it and keep praying for her safety. If it is her, I will of course be gloriously overjoyed!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I am sorry, butI am not sure that is the same cat. Yes I am accounting for age difference. The patterns while similar do not fit. The paws on the older cat are lighter, probably light grey, the younger cat has dark paws with copper and black stripes. The rings around the neck are different too. I hope I am wrong and that these differences are due to the poor quality of the shelter pic.

Most of the shelter pics the cats are being held. This one she's in the cage. It has gender as unknown, which tells me they haven't gotten a real good look at her yet. My sister has vet records to prove ownership, and pictures on her cell. My cat is not a "Aww, she's so cute, here let me hold her" kind of cat. That kind of offense warrants your face getting eaten off. LOL I should know, I've come close a time or two! LOL Just putting her in her carrier to take her to the vet used to be a battle for the ages. I almost feel bad for the shelter techs later tomorrow trying to sex her. LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

That's because my sister posted her baby pictures. lol This her grown up and the square mark above her nose is the same as the one in the shelter. Along with the white chin. It's her.

edit on 5-2-2015 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2015 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

That's because my sister posted her baby pictures. lol This her grown up and the square mark above her nose is the same as the one in the shelter. Along with the white chin. It's her.

Stop feeding her so much and she wouldn't become such a fatty!

Now go free my political prisoner! LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's not her. Sorry for getting your hopes up. Way too much brown on this one.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
It's not her. Sorry for getting your hopes up. Way too much brown on this one.

That's ok. I will continue praying and hope wherever she is, she is safe, fed, and loved as much as we loved her.

It's all I can as for from anyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If you find her and I hope you do, look at getting her microchipped. Then if someone picks her up, you can hopefully get reunited quickly.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If you find her and I hope you do, look at getting her microchipped. Then if someone picks her up, you can hopefully get reunited quickly.

Are there inexpensive options out there that don't cost almost $200? I just paid my car insurance bill this month and it was more than my rent! I want her chipped so much but it's so darn expensive too! If she's found, we'll look into how much it is in the area at the vet.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't know. I just know that our last two adoptees came chipped for us. And ours are indoor babies and more or less happy to be that way. So we don't have to go through that disappearance anxiety I know you're going through. I had one cat when I was a little girl who did the disappearing act though. We never did find out what happened to her.

So I hope you get good news.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, I don't know. I just know that our last two adoptees came chipped for us. And ours are indoor babies and more or less happy to be that way. So we don't have to go through that disappearance anxiety I know you're going through. I had one cat when I was a little girl who did the disappearing act though. We never did find out what happened to her.

So I hope you get good news.

Thank you. I wish she could have been an indoor baby, but when we found her she was a stray in a tree and was used to the outdoors already. I tried to make her an indoor, but she would have none of the crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join