It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory Becomes Fact: Oil Collapse Is All About Crushing Russian Control Over Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Just like as with Georgia they are not interested in having NATO even closer to its border.

Maybe read this piece because of the history which is in it...

From Napoleon to Adolf Hitler to Conchita Wurst

For a full decade, the West maintained a degenerate regime of oligarchs, CIA puppets and thugs in power while NATO advanced on all fronts. Instead of the promised "democratic lovefest", Russia was plundered, humiliated, ridiculed, and fully colonized.

Source

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Just like as with Georgia they are not interested in having NATO even closer to its border.

Maybe read this piece because of the history which is in it...

From Napoleon to Adolf Hitler to Conchita Wurst

For a full decade, the West maintained a degenerate regime of oligarchs, CIA puppets and thugs in power while NATO advanced on all fronts. Instead of the promised "democratic lovefest", Russia was plundered, humiliated, ridiculed, and fully colonized.

Source

In the meantime, the EU-backed junta is continuing to kill scores of civilians in Novorussia every day. And while for "Charlie", we saw millions in the streets, nobody seems to care. Worse, the EU is backing the Nazis murderers

Sorry, I stopped reading there. I have zero interest in any "source" you post that is so obviously biased.
edit on 4-2-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It`s an actual very good analysis...you probably stopped reading because he uses words like "junta" to describe the Ukrainian Government...yet you keep reading Western and Ukrainian media who refers to the Separatists as being rebels and terrorists.

You probably name the patriots of the American civil war also rebels and terrorists, because there`s no difference compared to what the Eastern Ukrainians now are.

I`m guessing because of hypocrisy you find the one thing being perfectly acceptable and the other way around unacceptable and biased.
edit on 4 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It`s an actual very good analysis...you probably stopped reading because he uses words like "junta" to describe the Ukrainian Government...yet you keep reading Western and Ukrainian media who refers to the Separatists as being rebels and terrorists.

You probably name the patriots of the American civil war also rebels and terrorists, because there`s no difference compared to what the Eastern Ukrainians now are.

I`m guessing because of hypocrisy, you find the one think being perfectly acceptable and the other way around unacceptable and biased.
I call the rebels what they are, rebels. I don't call them terrorists. Terrorists attack civilians to make a political statements. Rebels attack enemy territory and fortifications to take soil. I have never, and will never refer to the separatists in Ukraine as terrorists, because that classification is categorically wrong. I also call the American Revolutionary army rebels, because they rebelled against the British monarchy. The Confederate forces in the Civil War were also rebels.

In each case above, the rebels were also separatists, looking to break off from a larger society for political or ideological reasons. The separatists in Ukraine are the same.

So please don't put word in my mouth. I'll happily read any source that you provide that doesn't use such obviously biased language.
edit on 4-2-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I've been saying this since before the (3 times tried) 'Syria chemical weapons fit-up jobs by Saudi / US intelligence' happened.

If these revelations don't open the eyes and more importantly, open the minds of the more sceptical members here of just how utterly cold and ruthless their leaders and intelligence agencies actually are prepared to get in the pursuit of what they want, not much will.

Murder of civilians, staging and supporting coups, warfare leading to the deaths of thousands of innocents, and untold misery for hundreds of thousands more, Journalists murdered or bought off, dissenting voices set-up with the flimsiest of charges and all the while, a virtual army of online propagandists, working directly for these agencies and special military units wage an online war of distraction and redirection, smear campaigns, and generally seek to sow the seeds of public doubt to erode faith in or respect of foreign leaders, Putin being one obvious target on ATS, generally orchestrated regularly by the same few members here on ATS...we know who i mean.

THIS is what our 'security services' are actively and wilfully engaged in, and carry out these crimes in our names...we are guilty by association, as we effectively pay for these animals to do what they do.

The next revelation will be about IS / ISIS /ISIL (blah blah)..they are a manufactured outfit, probably created in a loose conspiracy between CIA, MI6, MOSSAD and SAUDI intelligence, in order to bomb the hell out of Syria, aid the the fighth against Assad and do so with clean hands, since the chemical frame up failed so spectacularly, three times.

With IS, Russia is effectively left without an option...Putins 'red line' over Syria is crossed, but...not crossed publicly at least. The US and West are only fighting and bombing 'ISIS' inside Syrian borders after all...(yeah, right).

IS is tasked with carrying out high profile, extremely media worthy atrocities, such as the beheadings, the burning alive and all the rest of it, which even if they are indeed complete fabrications, achieve the desired result...the attacks infuriate the people of all nations, demands come from all quarters for retribution, for justice and...for war. And the US and West gets what it wants in the ME. To really sell the IS scheme though, will call for harrowing attacks in the West, we've seen France, next will be the US or the UK...and they will probably be big...something with the impact of 9/11, since that worked so well to galvanise public opinion and calls for war at that time.

Hopefully, it will be infrastructure based attacks, and not Human attacks, but whatever it will be, it will be have to have incredibly newsworthy, incredibly damaging and big enough to cause calls for retribution. Hold onto your hats, our 'security services' are busy keeping us all safe from Terrorists, by arranging terrorist attacks in our homelands...you couldn't make this stuff up.

See the wood for the trees, and realise just what a sub-human underclass there is working to 'keep us all safe'. In fact, remember this revelation story, each and every time you hear 'to keep us safe' on the media.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Terrorists attack civilians to make a political statements.

So you`re going to call the Ukrainian government terrorists, I`m fine with that, but than it also should be no problem if some refer to them as Junta.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
there's a lot more to the crisis/collapse than meets the eye...

===============

....I shared that view with CNBC's keen-sighted Joe Kernen a week ago yesterday on Squawk Box, noting my energy team was looking for a bottom in prices.
I also believe it was none other than the iconic Boone Pickens who was predicting a bottom in oil prices between $40 and $45.
Moreover, while investors were focused on the short-term negative energy news, smart investors like Richard Kinder bought a $3 billion dollar Bakken oil shale resource named Hiland Partners two weeks ago.
The following week Energy Transfer Partners (ETP/$62.71/Market Perform) announced the acquisition of Regency Energy Partners (RGP/$25.81/ Market Perform). ...

remember, many folks said the downturn was partly engineered to hurt Russia/Iran...

A severe downturn was also needed by big oil or fat wallet investors to get in on the oil boom,
with depressed priced oil & distressed shale-oil companies running on mostly loans and credit
...it was bound to happen that the Strong Hands will win in the Shale oil industry
here's just 2 of the Bakkan shale operators getting merged into more powerful hands

... told-you-so (not you specifically, but "you" being meant as the public)

source: kingworldnews.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

So you`re going to call the Ukrainian government terrorists, I`m fine with that, but than it also should be no problem if some refer to them as Junta.
The Ukrainian government are attacking rebels, not civilians. As with any armed conflict, civilian casualties are an unfortunate reality. The rebels have been responsible for their share of civilian deaths as well. To call a government "terrorists" because they're attacking rebels is completely disingenuous and once again you're putting words in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
its more than just Syria, Syria just got the Wests attention focused more on Russia. its always in US interests to smash anyone whose growing. they can't be dominant if others are dominant as well.

heres an interesting video, the US basically predicted the situation in Ukraine a long time ago. Its not a matter of why they are gunning after Russia its more of a matter of when do they start, and as far as im concerned they've never stopped.

edit on 4-2-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'd spend my limited time on Earth in better pursuits than arguing with Russian shills. The OP is simply copying a post I made on the subject the day before except with the crazy Russian propaganda. Try this thread for some analysis without the Kremlin spin. Oddly enough the subject discussed is Syria and the Saudis...not Ukraine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I usually leave the Pro-Russian debunking to Xcathdra but it seems he's absent today. If nobody is willing to stand up and speak out against the blatant propaganda spewed here then it continues unabated.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

The Ukrainian government are attacking rebels, not civilians. As with any armed conflict, civilian casualties are an unfortunate reality. The rebels have been responsible for their share of civilian deaths as well. To call a government "terrorists" because they're attacking rebels is completely disingenuous and once again you're putting words in my mouth.

what are you talking about? civilians have been targeted kilometers behind the front lines of battle. the Ukrainians have just in the past week attacked a church and a hospital, again kilometers away from where any separatists were fighting.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I usually leave the Pro-Russian debunking to Xcathdra but it seems he's absent today.

Yes, he's got a ton of knowledge on Ukraine and other subjects. Good ATS voice of reason. Doesn't get rattled either, unlike myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

what are you talking about? civilians have been targeted kilometers behind the front lines of battle. the Ukrainians have just in the past week attacked a church and a hospital, again kilometers away from where any separatists were fighting.
Got a source? I'd like to see that. Also before you do anything, remember that RT doesn't count as a source. RT has been outed as blatant Russian propaganda numerous times so I don't trust anything I read on that site.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I usually leave the Pro-Russian debunking to Xcathdra but it seems he's absent today. If nobody is willing to stand up and speak out against the blatant propaganda spewed here then it continues unabated.

does speaking out against propaganda consist solely around going off topic? you haven't said a thing about the original post.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Got a source? I'd like to see that. Also before you do anything, remember that RT doesn't count as a source. RT has been outed as blatant Russian propaganda numerous times so I don't trust anything I read on that site.

What do you consider a reputable source? Granted rt does push crap but no more than any western media source.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

What do you consider a reputable source? Granted rt does push crap but no more than any western media source.
I'd accept a source that has other sources to back it up. Like a report from multiple media outlets (not necessarily western, as they can tend to push their own agenda as well), or a report with supporting photo or video that hasn't been proven as taken out of context or faked.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

If you have actual read the source in the OP, there`s more to it because of the gas-pipelines (which you would have known if you have read some of my much earlier posts).

You`re analysis is incomplete because this is what its about

And btw, I`m not for sale.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

does speaking out against propaganda consist solely around going off topic? you haven't said a thing about the original post.
Regarding the original post I absolutely believe the oil price drop is due (in part, at least) to an effort to isolate Russia economically. There are a multitude of other reasons for the oil price drop as well, such as Saudi interests trying to maintain market share in a booming oil sand/NG shale industry in North America.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

I'd accept a source that has other sources to back it up. Like a report from multiple media outlets (not necessarily western, as they can tend to push their own agenda as well), or a report with supporting photo or video that hasn't been proven as taken out of context or faked.

Therein lies the problem, you won't get any western media backed by the other side and vice versa. You are not going to accept any source that you feel is crap and either is the other side. So to poo poo something whether you agree with the source or not is nonsense. Most of the times the actual events reported happened but because it is not reported by a source people like they throw the baby out with the bathwater. Very closed minded

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join