It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Religions the same? Why no dead celebrities?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

I've never understood the concept of needing to be remembered or have a legacy. Our world is inherently broken & backwards & all actions taken by sports/movie/song stars are just further example of the deterioration of our society. What gives them the right to be remembered or make their opinion any different than the homeless person whom I give my bags of empty water bottles?

Money & fame are the only reason we know their names or are even able to care what their opinion might be on anything. Personally, I don't care what anyone's opinion is on anything. Which is why I've never understood voting either.

Thanks for the stars
I put a star on every post I read, as I believe the act of posting warrants a star.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: stosh64

I think the feeling of being sacrificed by TPTB is universal. I think the "symbol of the cross" is universal. Everyone sacrificed their spiritual divinity for a temporal, physical experience. And then we all "rise again".

I don't find the imagery of people putting themselves on the cross as disrespectful. People aren't supposed to be worshiping a corpse on a cross anyway. They're supposed to be worshiping their "Risen God"!

Didn't biblical Jesus say to "Take up your cross and follow me"? The way I see it, what these people are showing is the blatant corruption and manipulation of message of the cross that curses Christianity every day.

To me, it goes much deeper than just the cross. Keisha is a perfect example, she has a satanic ritual in a plainly obvious Christian church. The cross pictures were just a very narrow picture.

My question isn't really about debating whether bashing certain religions is done. To most it is obvious and unquestioned.

My question is why the hypocrisy that it is forbidden to bash one religion?

edit on 1 30 2015 by stosh64 because: grammar nazi

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Humans always have a need to follow or be led by a Shepard figure, or an alpha figure.
Celebrities are no exception, and they know that millions follow their every move.
What worries me the most is that people will literally kill, kick their own sons or daughters out of their houses, dedicate an entire day of their lives, put their entire lives faith into a guy we have no idea what he looked like or if he even did the stuff people said he did.

So what's crazier, being a big fan of Katy Perry or willing to pray to Jesus whom you never actually seen before.

You totally missed the point of the OP.

But thank you for your opinion on Christians.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
In stead I feel pride that this freedom of expression exists.

So do I, but not for all. Why?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Thanks for the stars
I put a star on every post I read, as I believe the act of posting warrants a star.

Glad I'm not the only one that does that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I could go on and on with examples of the hypocrisy, but I hope you get my point.

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

There is SO much truth in those statements!

I always appreciate your contributions Stormdancer, Thank you.

OK, off for now, thank you all for contributing. Look forward to reading when I get back.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

OCD gotta stick together!

Thinking on your first reply above me, the difference I think is that Christians don't see jesus/cross imagery as a defilement like the Muslims do, they see it as an homage to them being right.

Kanye or Madonna or anyone emulating Christianity makes the Christians feel empowered & justified, rather than being mocked.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

It has always been with us humans to create celebrities. In all cultures from ancient Greece to tribal Mali in Africa to the modern European classical composers. It may even be an evolutionary thing, you know the human species excelling itself through certain individuals, their actions and their art. That is where genius comes into play.

Earned fame let us say. Einstein is remembered for what he achieved. He is extra ordinary. He has a legacy. I have not excelled in any extra ordinary fashion and I will not be remembered, at least not by humans. I don't have a problem with that and I don't have a problem with Einstein being remembered. Not all of us can be "the one". Our egos may be should accept that. The whole celebrity thing is like you say an industry that makes a huge amount of money. It does this because people want it. They like the glam, the tragedy and it is really a kind of "circus" of performers to entertain us all.

In their songs I've heard both John Lennon and Bob Marley sing "I'll play the clown". I think they both had a good understanding of where things were at in terms of celebrity. Nice though that they both tried to accompany some soul searching in people through the medium of entertainment. Interesting phenomenon.

I would not want jealousy of success to stop me appreciating artists. It seems such a barren backlash. It actually runs contrary to evolution may I suggest.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well personally, I preach ego destruction more than anything. The concept of jealousy is only spawned by disparity, & disparity is spawned by economies. It's not jealousy of success that stops me from appreciating artists, it's the culture of jealousy spawned from a broken system that I take issue with.
In a perfect world, we wouldn't have to idolize some & condemn others for their view points because evil would be evil & no one would do it, that simple. Sadly, our world is far from perfect. The human condition. /shrug

If economies were technology driven rather than profit driven, there would be a lot more renowned people for a lot better reasons than Einstein or Elton John.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I blame Islamaphobia on why making fun of Muslim culture isn't more widespread. If the Western media didn't spend so much time hyping up the "threat" that Muslims pose to the western world, people would be more apt to criticize it. Instead they either don't or don't approve of it because of fear of retaliation. This is one of the reasons I stand behind Charlie Hebdo going through with their actions. Freedom of expression applies to everything, sensibilities be damned.

So maybe the underlying cause is a hidden agenda from TPTB to propagate perpetual violence and wars which in the end makes them richer?

It makes sense to me, sadly. I had not considered it in that big of a picture.

Everything I look at anymore is appearing to be more and more like some twisted illusion.

Thanks.

Yes, public perception plays a big role in what we do as a society, and the media is very influential in that regard. Being that the media is privately owned, it makes it inherently suspetible to the interests of the owners. That means it isn't to be trusted in a vacuum. Many in this country only get their media from one source, and even the ones who do get it from other sources aren't educated in the ways to detect media bs. There are very real strategies and plans in how media is presented to the public. Everything from how it is written to what is being written about.

Example: Many times if there is evidence that conflicts with the premise in the headline of the article, it is shoved to the bottom of the article. This is because many people have stopped reading it before then or have started skimming it. The likelihood of that information being read is less and the reader goes away with the wrong impression of that news story. Some of the best information you can get about an article is at the end of it. By the way, redactions are done the same way. Placed at the end or out of sight where you have to hunt to find them.

I could probably teach a course on Denying Ignorance to these forums since SOOO many here don't know how to properly do it. Most just parrot that "don't trust the MSM" meme because it is a catchphrase here but don't actually adhere to it in practice.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
Imo they are all attention whores. By getting people to talk about them they get free press. Its the same thing Kanye, Jay Z and all the rest do with the symbols and hand signs.

link   

I'm not sure who should be more offended and should people be asked to reign in their thoughts? I suppose we have to reconcile the Charlie Hedbo incident and ask ourselves what is the limit.

When does the return slap in the face end?

I personally have no eyes left to pluck in revenge, perhaps when we are all blind from eye removal we won't see the nonsense people squabble over.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Well personally, I preach ego destruction more than anything. The concept of jealousy is only spawned by disparity, & disparity is spawned by economies. It's not jealousy of success that stops me from appreciating artists, it's the culture of jealousy spawned from a broken system that I take issue with.
In a perfect world, we wouldn't have to idolize some & condemn others for their view points because evil would be evil & no one would do it, that simple. Sadly, our world is far from perfect. The human condition. /shrug

If economies were technology driven rather than profit driven, there would be a lot more renowned people for a lot better reasons than Einstein or Elton John.

I would argue that Einstein would be remembered and economies ARE technology driven. Algorithms already run the show in banking and so many other areas of trade and commerce. That is no understatement. Technology and Science would not be as they are without Einstein. He is a Science patriarch.

I don't personally think Elton John has excelled in an extra ordinary way. I don't think Madonna has or any of the others in the OP. It is just a glitzy circus. I'm no fan of it either. I don't actually listen to modern commercial music. It has become too shallow. It is all about image and has no substance as genuine artistic communication and advancement. It generates huge amounts of cash though and we know why it is encouraged. It is about MONEY.

Poets are remembered because they brought new life and development to their languages.

Scientists are remembered for their bringing new ideas that benefit us as a species.

It is all tied up with the drive to excel, to develop and progress. Culture heroes I guess they are.

edit on 30-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Culture heroes who have become heroes via profit represent a culture I want no part of.
Unless you meant scientists/poets by generation as being culture heroes. If that's the case, Modern day "poets" make me fear for our future.

When I said technology driven, I didn't mean banks use algorithms/technology to function, I meant driven being their inherent goal. The existence of thr banking system as we know it is PURE profit driven. (Since 1913 at the latest)

If education & quality of life were technology driven, we would have discovered things by now that would totally dwarf any of einsteins discoveries.

More TAXPAYER money goes into the U.S. prison industrial complex than is estimated to end world hunger. I can only imagine the profits from said Complex are more than a thousand fold, while humanity whittles away waiting for the oil to run out & people who could potentially invent warp drive starve to death in 3rd world countries.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Can I say Thank God the entire Western side of North America has moved to Buddhism as the second most common religion? Is that some kind of oxymoron lol?

Truth is, the West has little ability to deal with this and will fail miserably over time, our intercultural philosophy creates internal discord at acting on it with violence, the fact that freedom of religion is a major point for most Westerners also is detrimental to dealing with it.

This clash moves the center of the world to China in essence America is largely defeated as a result, at least in regards to global super power status. We will remain an important player but this will only worsen in time and be within our cities and damaging our economy the whole time.

When we are no longer able to deal with it the Islamic attention will turn to China and only China has the ability to cope with it. When Westerners are getting their heads chopped off it's China who is playing the videos on large screens in every city, when it happens in China that's where the heads actually roll and the death penalty applies and when push comes to shove 1.4 billion Atheists wont "tolerate" any of it and they not us have the ability to do it via manpower there is little cost for troops to cross a simple border, there is much needed land to be gained by China and it's no secret they desire a return to the Middle Kingdom and or borders of the Mongol Empire which includes most of the Middle East.

By fighting the West Islam is condemning The West and Islam to be behind Asia for centuries maybe.

I actually Feel Bad for the decent people of the Middle East. The way this ends for them will be horrible. Sure the US will go Bankrupt trying to deal with them, sure there will be fighting in Europe but crashed economies restructure and rebound. But the West is Bombing this whole time and it is Far from over, nothing in the ME leaves this with much of an infrastructure before we are too economically distraught to continue fighting. And gosh, when it's the Chinese turn to cross the border into Afghanistan and the US is too weak to stop it, It wont be like dealing with America or Russia, the numbers of men on the ground will be Millions, the methodology will be kill everyone. There won't be a "distinction" between good Muslims and Bad from a nation of Atheists. There wont be a United States capable of intervening at that point and they wont invade for "strategic purposes" It will be to build a new silk road to Europe pave over everything in-between and eliminate religion. And convincing a populace there is a threat after it witnesses the United States results and Europe wont exactly be hard, China will enter this the way the US entered WW2, United willing AND with a perceived Ideological right of way, something the West doesn't have in this fight.

Personally I like that the fact that Asians have now outpaced every group of immigrants in the US surpassing Mexicans last year, The ME wont enjoy what it's creating nor the manner in which it comes.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It's tolerated because right now Muslims are another victim group the PC left can use to hammer against their enemies. In this case, their enemies are anyone they perceive to be linked to the traditional American values in any way. As soon as they have used the Muslims as far they can, they'll stop kowtowing to their religious sensibilities, but by then, it may be too late precisely because the Muslims do take their religion seriously enough to kill in its name.

The left is seriously out of touch with the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's tolerated because right now Muslims are another victim group the PC left can use to hammer against their enemies. In this case, their enemies are anyone they perceive to be linked to the traditional American values in any way. As soon as they have used the Muslims as far they can, they'll stop kowtowing to their religious sensibilities, but by then, it may be too late precisely because the Muslims do take their religion seriously enough to kill in its name.

The left is seriously out of touch with the world.

Unfortunate but true, I detailed above how I see this actually ending and your right... The West wont stop this one, we are impotent by belief system at the moment.

I kind of feel like... it's the way it's meant to be. The West is very inflexible itself to be honest. I feel like this ends with a lot of Dogmas crushed including some of our own some days I feel our interpretation of "freedom" has been turned on it's ear to mainly represent gross behavior practice's and laziness and isn't conducive to a functioning society anyway.

As I said above, this ends with China at the center of the world, the religious types will all woe their petty disputes so will the social activists in the West honestly, Liberalism of personal behavior at the expense of society isn't exactly the Asian way either and the next 30-50 years is likely to see OZ Canada and even America very demographically Asian and the worse our economy gets fighting this retarded fight the more will come...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

There is another rabbit hole I could take this into, but I won't because it likely wouldn't see the light of day for long.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Wasn't it china who nearly eliminated all elicit drug trade by going out & killing all the drug users?

Id give your post 10 stars if I could. Much truth.

Though, doesn't China have one of the fastest growing Christian cultures?

Either way, I don't think they'll take as kindly towards a Muslim threat & they don't seem nearly as interested in global war/terrorism as certain other countries.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is another rabbit hole I could take this into, but I won't because it likely wouldn't see the light of day for long.

oooo, I like your posts, and I like Rabbit holes too!

I'd be very curious what your thoughts are.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join