It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Religions the same? Why no dead celebrities?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: criticalhit

There is another rabbit hole I could take this into, but I won't because it likely wouldn't see the light of day for long.

You should start another thread about it, I'm sure others are as intrigued as myself. Post a link in here when you do!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Wasn't it china who nearly eliminated all elicit drug trade by going out & killing all the drug users?

Id give your post 10 stars if I could. Much truth.

It's not even so much that, Asian family structure remains very much intact and without the religious hubbub and the capacity to shame behaviors from a social pov is there which is far more effective than boot jacked thugs.

What I see is Cities on the West Coast waxing 30% Asian and rising and the other influx is Hindu now.... Vancouver is known as Hongcouver, Asians already are per Capita the no1 economic demographic yearly and no1 Ivy league residents per capita in the USA. The only parts of the US doing good raising the minimum wage etc are on the West Coast and in technology because they are in essence joining the Pacific Rim for real as opposed to Europe and the Mid east economically.

By numbers, If Asian immigration has surpassed Hispanic we are looking at a Bi polar America in the coming decades with Asians socially being over the 30% mark of the population and Caucasians under 50% and they will have the Economic clout, lets not for get we have a Black president with a 12% representation atm...

In regards to the current conception of "Liberalism" all i can say is Liberalism will be "different" in 20-30 years. Our immigration is hardworking, old school in regards to family values, high tech and not prone to appreciating "social drain" types around them, the Obese, the drug addicted etc... I just think this dog of radical Liberalism will have it's day and be gone honestly.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

No I really can't. It gets metaphysical and into the potential origins of religions and could be considered hate speech even though it is more or less hypothetical. I am sure most would not take it that way.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It'll be interesting, i'll say that much.

The actual roots of Monotheism via Judaism are sort of Eastern from Inception and that Pendulum always swings even if it's over Millennium. I doubt any invasion would completely change the fact that the area from Jerusalem to India is highly spiritual by nature but it will be Easternized... who knows maybe when all is said and done something Good will arise from the location a modern spirituality of sorts... one that isn't insane.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

put their entire lives faith into a guy we have no idea what he looked like or if he even did the stuff people said he did.

...or if he existed at all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The left is seriously out of touch with the world.

The same can be said about the right. Neither political affiliation in this country is in touch with the real world.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

There won't be a "distinction" between good Muslims and Bad from a nation of Atheists.

Actually, China has the fastest global growth in Christianity right now.

Christianity (particularly the Protestant variety) has been the big winner in the competition for Chinese souls. If it continues to spread at its current pace, the country is very likely to be home to the world’s largest Christian population within the next 15 years.

www.ft.com...
edit on 1/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

In China, where religious liberty has been under attack since the communist takeover in 1949, persecution of Christians has escalated over recent months. Communist Chinese authorities have destroyed churches and religious symbols and arrested Christian leaders and laity in recent crackdowns against those groups regarded by Beijing as "cults."
www.thenewamerican.com...
Many of these so-called cults are churches that have not previously been considered cults. "Chinese authorities continued to harass, detain, imprison, and interfere with the religious activities of members of both registered and unregistered Protestant communities who ran afoul of government or party policy," said U.S. Representative Chris Smith (R-N.J.) in a joint press event with Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio).

Churches have been singled out for erecting crosses and other religious images. In some cases, authorities have torn the crosses down. In other cases, they have destroyed entire churches. Yahoo reports, "Provincial authorities have toppled crosses from more than 400 churches, and even razed some worship halls in a province-wide crackdown on building code violations."

China sees worst persecution of Christians in years

They are cracking down on them too

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Satanic is correct. The world is run by Satanic forces, ultimately ultra-terrestrial inter dimensional Demonic.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

But we're not in China. We are here in the USA.
Christians are the ones trying to take over, here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

OCD gotta stick together!

Thinking on your first reply above me, the difference I think is that Christians don't see jesus/cross imagery as a defilement like the Muslims do, they see it as an homage to them being right.

Kanye or Madonna or anyone emulating Christianity makes the Christians feel empowered & justified, rather than being mocked.

That's an interesting take on it that I have not considered, and may have a lot of merit.
I will go to sleep thinking about that possibility.
This is why I love bringing things to ATS.
Never stop learning.
Thank you

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thinking on your first reply above me, the difference I think is that Christians don't see jesus/cross imagery as a defilement like the Muslims do, they see it as an homage to them being right.

Kanye or Madonna or anyone emulating Christianity makes the Christians feel empowered & justified, rather than being mocked.

No, I think it's gross.

For most people, I think they are desensitized to it like they are to violence.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I blame Islamaphobia on why making fun of Muslim culture isn't more widespread. If the Western media didn't spend so much time hyping up the "threat" that Muslims pose to the western world, people would be more apt to criticize it. Instead they either don't or don't approve of it because of fear of retaliation. This is one of the reasons I stand behind Charlie Hebdo going through with their actions. Freedom of expression applies to everything, sensibilities be damned.

So maybe the underlying cause is a hidden agenda from TPTB to propagate perpetual violence and wars which in the end makes them richer?

It makes sense to me, sadly. I had not considered it in that big of a picture.

Everything I look at anymore is appearing to be more and more like some twisted illusion.

Thanks.

Yes, public perception plays a big role in what we do as a society, and the media is very influential in that regard. Being that the media is privately owned, it makes it inherently suspetible to the interests of the owners. That means it isn't to be trusted in a vacuum. Many in this country only get their media from one source, and even the ones who do get it from other sources aren't educated in the ways to detect media bs. There are very real strategies and plans in how media is presented to the public. Everything from how it is written to what is being written about.

Example: Many times if there is evidence that conflicts with the premise in the headline of the article, it is shoved to the bottom of the article. This is because many people have stopped reading it before then or have started skimming it. The likelihood of that information being read is less and the reader goes away with the wrong impression of that news story. Some of the best information you can get about an article is at the end of it. By the way, redactions are done the same way. Placed at the end or out of sight where you have to hunt to find them.

I could probably teach a course on Denying Ignorance to these forums since SOOO many here don't know how to properly do it. Most just parrot that "don't trust the MSM" meme because it is a catchphrase here but don't actually adhere to it in practice.

Thanks Krazy, and I agree. I can see where I have grown from that 'don't trust the media' catchphrase. I knew it was BS but didn't really know why or how the game was played.
I have studied it a lot as of late and am shocked at just how well manipulated we are. It is a real science.
I don't claim to know it all, and never will, but if you give the course I'll be there

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm not sure who should be more offended and should people be asked to reign in their thoughts? I suppose we have to reconcile the Charlie Hedbo incident and ask ourselves what is the limit.

When does the return slap in the face end?

I personally have no eyes left to pluck in revenge, perhaps when we are all blind from eye removal we won't see the nonsense people squabble over.

]

I hope you don't think this was about blaming Islam or even celebrities. I just really couldn't get my mind around the blatant double standards.
Having made it this far through replies I am starting to get a better grasp on it. Some things I really had never considered.
I have faith in finding truth at ATS.
This line I love

I personally have no eyes left to pluck in revenge, perhaps when we are all blind from eye removal we won't see the nonsense people squabble over.

And agree, I think a lot of us are weary from it all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
Can I say Thank God the entire Western side of North America has moved to Buddhism as the second most common religion? Is that some kind of oxymoron lol?

Truth is, the West has little ability to deal with this and will fail miserably over time, our intercultural philosophy creates internal discord at acting on it with violence, the fact that freedom of religion is a major point for most Westerners also is detrimental to dealing with it.

This clash moves the center of the world to China in essence America is largely defeated as a result, at least in regards to global super power status. We will remain an important player but this will only worsen in time and be within our cities and damaging our economy the whole time.

When we are no longer able to deal with it the Islamic attention will turn to China and only China has the ability to cope with it. When Westerners are getting their heads chopped off it's China who is playing the videos on large screens in every city, when it happens in China that's where the heads actually roll and the death penalty applies and when push comes to shove 1.4 billion Atheists wont "tolerate" any of it and they not us have the ability to do it via manpower there is little cost for troops to cross a simple border, there is much needed land to be gained by China and it's no secret they desire a return to the Middle Kingdom and or borders of the Mongol Empire which includes most of the Middle East.

By fighting the West Islam is condemning The West and Islam to be behind Asia for centuries maybe.

I actually Feel Bad for the decent people of the Middle East. The way this ends for them will be horrible. Sure the US will go Bankrupt trying to deal with them, sure there will be fighting in Europe but crashed economies restructure and rebound. But the West is Bombing this whole time and it is Far from over, nothing in the ME leaves this with much of an infrastructure before we are too economically distraught to continue fighting. And gosh, when it's the Chinese turn to cross the border into Afghanistan and the US is too weak to stop it, It wont be like dealing with America or Russia, the numbers of men on the ground will be Millions, the methodology will be kill everyone. There won't be a "distinction" between good Muslims and Bad from a nation of Atheists. There wont be a United States capable of intervening at that point and they wont invade for "strategic purposes" It will be to build a new silk road to Europe pave over everything in-between and eliminate religion. And convincing a populace there is a threat after it witnesses the United States results and Europe wont exactly be hard, China will enter this the way the US entered WW2, United willing AND with a perceived Ideological right of way, something the West doesn't have in this fight.

Personally I like that the fact that Asians have now outpaced every group of immigrants in the US surpassing Mexicans last year, The ME wont enjoy what it's creating nor the manner in which it comes.

I am going to have to read that a few more times and process it. But I fear you may have a lot of truth contained in there.
Thank you

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

It's tolerated because right now Muslims are another victim group the PC left can use to hammer against their enemies. In this case, their enemies are anyone they perceive to be linked to the traditional American values in any way. As soon as they have used the Muslims as far they can, they'll stop kowtowing to their religious sensibilities, but by then, it may be too late precisely because the Muslims do take their religion seriously enough to kill in its name.

The left is seriously out of touch with the world.

I kind of feel like... it's the way it's meant to be. The West is very inflexible itself to be honest. I feel like this ends with a lot of Dogmas crushed including some of our own some days I feel our interpretation of "freedom" has been turned on it's ear to mainly represent gross behavior practice's and laziness and isn't conducive to a functioning society anyway.

Sounds familiar, like the fall of the Roman empire. Bread, circuses and orgies.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

There is another rabbit hole I could take this into, but I won't because it likely wouldn't see the light of day for long.

Cmon you tease, enlighten us.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

All right, if all the world is a giant battle between good and evil, why are all religions held up for ridicule ... except one?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Eunuchorn

No I really can't. It gets metaphysical and into the potential origins of religions and could be considered hate speech even though it is more or less hypothetical. I am sure most would not take it that way.

I have grown to appreciate your insight also ketsuko, and you have me very intrigued now.

I would look forward to you expanding on that theory of yours also.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No, I think it's gross.

For most people, I think they are desensitized to it like they are to violence.

I agree and feel the same way, and I see it in myself being desensitized to it, unfortunately.
I had just never thought about what he said. And thinking about it I could see some of the self proclaimed, look at my works, look all I have done for God Christians maybe feeling that way.
The more I look the more bizarre the world we live in is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join