It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Well the fact of the matter is that Christian persecution HAS gone up in the Muslim world since the War on Terror began. Clearly some of that must be due to our actions and thus painting all Christians with a broad brush. What we are witnessing is the birth of new racism, created by us. But also keep in mind, we are creating our own racism to compete against it with Islamophobia.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Most of those churches are now Arab-Christian churches, run by Arabs, not typically American missionaries any longer, as they are not traveling to the Middle East in the numbers they have previously.

Thank you for reminding me of that. There are a lot of "homegrown" Christians there. And it illustrates the number one reason we should be hell-bent on keeping our country under secular law, that protects religious freedom, and not allowing a Theocracy. A lot of the politicians on the right are so entrenched in this Christian extremism of the right wing, that it's pretty clear where this country's going if it's allowed to continue.
A good start would be removing the words "In God We Trust" from U.S. money and "Under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. These were added during the Cold War and are an affront to the U.S. assertion of separation of church and state.

Probably should get any statues or plaques featuring the Ten Commandments out of any courthouses or government buildings while we are at it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I am often at a loss for words, are we not all brothers?

As members of the human race shouldn't we be just as concerned for the rights of the homosexual, the atheist, the Christian,Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, for when others lose their rights your rights and freedoms are soon to follow.

In case you haven't noticed there is persecution in Hinduism, and Buddhist monks becoming extremist.

How can a person proclaim,

COEXIST, when there are those they hate on their coexist list.

I wager they do not get out enough, and judge the will of the many according to the behaviours of the few. It is impossible and irrational to speak about vast amounts of people while at the same time being ignorant of them. What they are speaking about is not the individual Christian, but of the limited knowledge they have about Christians, which if measured, would amount to very little.
edit on 30-1-2015 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Harvin

Au contraire - I even know a few Christians of a certain denomination who hate on other Christians of a different denomination (Baptists hating Catholics)! Not to mention what I have heard some Christians say about the whole Muslim religion. I have heard self-professed Christians saying they don't want their hard-earned money going to help those "lazy people" who don't have jobs and whose families are starving. Definitely not all Christians talk that way, but many do and it's definitely not my imagination.

Don't forget the Westboro folks and the Ku Klux Klan. You may say they are not true Christians (and I agree), but they sure claim to be Christians.

That is true about Baptists and Catholics but it comes form the Baptists and not all of them. We can say the same for any groups of people though.

So if a Christian should happen to think the way you say then what seems to be happening is that you mainly view them as Christian when you can find those same examples anywhere right? I can go walk down the street and find many non-religious people\atheists saying the same thing so it is a bias that you have. I am agnostic myself, btw.

Westboro and the Klan? Westboro is a non-issue as they are so small and irrelevant and that is a straw man peoploe like yourself trot out and rely on.

The Klan was anti-Christian. Would a Christian burn a cross or join any groups where the leader is called "Wizard"? You do know that Wizards are strictly forbidden in Christianity?

Even if you were to ask a homosexual where they would rather live they would say with Christians or then maybe secular people and the thing there is also secular and governments have not been tolerant of homosexuals. History has shown this to be true too.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The KKK is DEFINITELY a Christian organization regardless of the terminology and symbolism they use/used.
Ku Klux Klan

The Ku Klux Klan, with its long history of violence, is the most infamous - and oldest - of American hate groups. Although black Americans have typically been the Klan's primary target, it also has attacked Jews, immigrants, gays and lesbians and, until recently, Catholics. Over the years since it was formed in December 1865, the Klan has typically seen itself as a Christian organization, although in modern times Klan groups are motivated by a variety of theological and political ideologies.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You've never known a Christian soldier in the Crusades or a Christian emperor who killed those who refused to convert then.

No, not personally. If you go down that road though what about the non-Christians\non-religious. Do you think that centuries ago you were going to disobey the king\government?

For that matter just look at east asia many years ago.

Do people hold Christians to a higher standard?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The KKK is DEFINITELY a Christian organization regardless of the terminology and symbolism they use/used.
Ku Klux Klan

The Ku Klux Klan, with its long history of violence, is the most infamous - and oldest - of American hate groups. Although black Americans have typically been the Klan's primary target, it also has attacked Jews, immigrants, gays and lesbians and, until recently, Catholics. Over the years since it was formed in December 1865, the Klan has typically seen itself as a Christian organization, although in modern times Klan groups are motivated by a variety of theological and political ideologies.

Well first of all you just throw away what you dont like and keep what suits you?

LINK

And what is the leader of the Klan called? Thats right..."The Graaaaaand Wizard". Regardless of the symbols they used?

Definitely NOT a Christian organization.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Harvin because: inserted link

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Did you read my posts? I have never claimed that "all Christians" are hateful and judgmental. I have never claimed that it's only Christians who are hateful and judgmental. All I have said is that I have met people claiming to be Christian who have been hateful and judgmental (which goes against Christ's teachings). You tried to tell me that you didn't know any Christian who was hateful or judgmental and accused me of just imagining it. I am telling you that I have not imagined it, and gave you some specific examples. We clear now?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Did you read my posts? I have never claimed that "all Christians" are hateful and judgmental. I have never claimed that it's only Christians who are hateful and judgmental. All I have said is that I have met people claiming to be Christian who have been hateful and judgmental (which goes against Christ's teachings). You tried to tell me that you didn't know any Christian who was hateful or judgmental and accused me of just imagining it. I am telling you that I have not imagined it, and gave you some specific examples. We clear now?

And i have met atheists who are the same way. But then it is not me who is making the distinction such as "Hey, i know atheists who are mean. Why are atheists mean"

You are biased.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Do people hold Christians to a higher standard?

Only when they claim the moral high ground.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

They may not act very Christian, but they sure claim to be.

This is a Christian organization, and none but Christians may join. Reverence for God and obedience to His commandments are the only true sources of wisdom and understanding.

traditionalistamericanknights.com...

Modern Klan groups are careful to refer to their ritual as "cross lighting" rather than cross-burning and insist that their fires symbolize faith in Christ.

www.slate.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

That is some poor reasoning. Their history is laced with Christianity whether you like it or not.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Excuse me, but this thread is about Christians, which is why I commented about Christians. Staying on topic.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

You are NOT a dirty heathen, what an awful thing to say.

I did not think that, nor would I ever say such a heinous thing.

People who have a different set of ideas and beliefs than I do are just people.

They are equal to me in all respects and I must respect their ideas and beliefs,
that is a core part of my personal belief system and how I interpret the words
of Jesus to me.

Just because you think differently than me, makes you no better or worse than me, just different,
and so what? I don't care if you think differently than I do or have a different belief system or no belief system. I respect your beliefs and ideas, guess I just make an assumption that others will respect mine.

Please don't attribute to me thoughts that I don't have just because you think that because I am a Christian I would even think or say such horrid things.
I apologize if you took my "dirty heathen" remark as my assuming you think I am such. I wear the "dirty heathen" badge as kind of humorous nod to my fellow atheists who have been called that and worse several times. You are a very kind and metered Christian, the sort of Christian I respect. Please take my wholehearted apology.

Apology accepted.

It was a result of the rhetoric on this thread that caused me to think that way.

I am, as always an imperfect Christian, (sigh) Sorry

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

You are NOT a dirty heathen, what an awful thing to say.

I did not think that, nor would I ever say such a heinous thing.

People who have a different set of ideas and beliefs than I do are just people.

They are equal to me in all respects and I must respect their ideas and beliefs,
that is a core part of my personal belief system and how I interpret the words
of Jesus to me.

Just because you think differently than me, makes you no better or worse than me, just different,
and so what? I don't care if you think differently than I do or have a different belief system or no belief system. I respect your beliefs and ideas, guess I just make an assumption that others will respect mine.

Please don't attribute to me thoughts that I don't have just because you think that because I am a Christian I would even think or say such horrid things.
I apologize if you took my "dirty heathen" remark as my assuming you think I am such. I wear the "dirty heathen" badge as kind of humorous nod to my fellow atheists who have been called that and worse several times. You are a very kind and metered Christian, the sort of Christian I respect. Please take my wholehearted apology.

Apology accepted.

It was a result of the rhetoric on this thread that caused me to think that way.

I am, as always an imperfect Christian, (sigh) Sorry
Don't feel guilty, letters on a screen fail to convey intent a lot of the time. The error was on my part.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I'm done.

If only.

Christians have had 2000 years of their way, spreading their death cult by the sword. I feel no sympathy if many of their own flock are coming to see this and abandoning ship. Perhaps the old gods have had enough.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Greetings and Salutations- Might We as a "collective" also see that religion™ loses it's 'tax free' status and let them get back to their #1 objective and provide charity? Maybe then Our (the 'collective' again...) taxes would be lower and the Elderly would get to spend more of their $$$ on things they "want" vs. what they "need"?

What happens to the majority if We play our cards right or have decent kismet? We too will age and become "Elderly" I figure if the NFL™ another tax scofflaw that enjoys the tax breaks yet it is the taxpayer/sucker that gets to build the $1B stadiums and get their cable rates raised due to $2M t.v. ads for the Super Bowl.. The City of Jacksonville, Flori-Duh laid off 22 firefighters because "they" spent $1.2B on a scoreboard. A scoreboard for the sheeple that are actually AT THE GAME, this after paying $100+ for the privilege .. Will the fans even look up from their cellphones?

Tax em!!!

Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks that have already been....

namaste

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

There comes a time when you just have to get rid of the "hate".

I'm certainly trying.

But that's why I can't post much anymore.

Too much hate going on lately.

Peace.

The hate is not coming from me.

I would hope for a forum, where people would be more conscious of the pain they inflict on others, with their comments.

Miss you

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

There comes a time when you just have to get rid of the "hate".

I'm certainly trying.

But that's why I can't post much anymore.

Too much hate going on lately.

Peace.

The hate is not coming from me.

I would hope for a forum, where people would be more conscious of the pain they inflict on others, with their comments.

Miss you

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimus primal

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I'm done.

If only.

Christians have had 2000 years of their way, spreading their death cult by the sword. I feel no sympathy if many of their own flock are coming to see this and abandoning ship. Perhaps the old gods have had enough.

Prime example,

So the persecution of middle-eastern Christians is fine with you?

Never mind, don't tell me, I already know.
edit on 023131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join