It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Krazysh0t

nah, i imagine he'd be something like this...

[pic snipped for brevity]

Damnit Tzar, I was drinking when I saw that. Now my nose hurts.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mass killings under Communist regimes
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If people just took the NT at face value and followed the simple instructions, Christians would probably never have any enemies. .

If all Christians did do as you say then what? And who would be the referee in interpreting what the NT says? We have about eight or nine authors of the NT telling the same things but that is not the problem. The problem is who interprets the NT the way the authors intended? Do we need a NT with the authors written verse and then a divine interpretation of that verse as the NT Torah?

Matthew_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. -- How so? By the secular standards we would not be allowed to be fruit inspectors. That's part of our problem today. If we see rotten fruit we are condemned if we say that fruit is rotten. Would the Humanist be the referee in this Christian message and set into law (by their standards) just who that fruit is or how to inspect it? God forbid that a head chopper would be the judge in this matter. Would the Christian club members vote to set this straight? But then isn't it already clear that the author has already made his point? How dare one say that a practicing homosexual is bad fruit? Isn't that secular law that says that it is normal and accepted in this great Humanistic nation? So what should we do?

I know! Lets bash that rotten ole Christian that says we should be fruit inspectors. That means that Matthew is a lousy guy with no love in his heart for rotten fruit. By US law we should all just throw away the NT and follow the Secular DC gang. Now before that was US law the people were allowed to be fruit inspectors and let people go their own way. But not today can they do the same. By Humanistic law we are compelled to discard that nasty ole Christian law given by the nasty ole Christian God and become Homosexual lovers of this perversion.

So as you can see, it's not as simple as the insane Christian simply following the NT and let's all get along mentality. We had all of that before the insane DC gang made the bible into a throw away book.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
well if love isn't the answer then this, Christians killed by atheist

- USSR: 61 million people murdered 1917-1987
Communist China: 35.2 million people murdered 1949-present
Mao's army: 3.4 million people murdered 1923-1949
Nazi Germany: 20 million people murdered 1932-1945
Communist Poland: 1.6 million people murdered 1945-1948
Communist Cambodia: 2 million people murdered 1975-1979
Communist Vietnam: 1.6 million people murdered 1945-1975
Communist Yugoslavia: 1 million people murdered 1944-1987
Anti_Christian Mexican Revolution: 1.4 million people murdered 1900-1920
Turkey: 1.8 million people murdered 1900-1918
Pakistan: 1.5 million people murdered 1958-1987
Japan: 5.9 million people murdered 1936-1945

And here are some more:
content.usatoday.com...

hmm. i see 130 million or so people whose god apparently was unable or unwilling to save them. dropped the ball pretty hard. and repeatedly!

edit on 30-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, come now Stormdancer, you and I both know we had it coming because they know horrible Christians or Crusades or something ...

yes, I know,

link   

Mass killings under Communist regimes
en.wikipedia.org...
Not all communist societies are atheist. In fact, a large portion of the Russian population is Orthodox Christian. A great many of Japanese and Chinese are Buddhist and Western Christian.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

you might not think so but you would be surprised by how much everyone and I mean everyone is influenced by Christian teaching .

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The KKK is DEFINITELY a Christian organization regardless of the terminology and symbolism they use/used.

Oh, yeah they are DEFINITELY a Christian organization, right along with the Westboro Baptist Church. lol.

Right along with IS representing mainstream Muslims.

Yeah............. right. : @@ :

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

humor for the sake of easing an already hostile discussio

humor at the expense of the Christians on the forum, and BTW who are the hostile ones?
edit on 043131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

you might not think so but you would be surprised by how much everyone and I mean everyone is influenced by Christian teaching .
I won't deny that I was influenced by Christian teaching from a young age. My mother was a devout christian and I was made to go to church every Sunday. That does not mean I derived my morals from church teachings.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You might be surprised by how much of what Jesus said had been said before. For example the whole "love your neighbor as yourself", or The Golden Rule, has been around in various forms way before Christ.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

well if love isn't the answer then this, Christians killed by atheist

- USSR: 61 million people murdered 1917-1987
Communist China: 35.2 million people murdered 1949-present
Mao's army: 3.4 million people murdered 1923-1949
Nazi Germany: 20 million people murdered 1932-1945
Communist Poland: 1.6 million people murdered 1945-1948
Communist Cambodia: 2 million people murdered 1975-1979
Communist Vietnam: 1.6 million people murdered 1945-1975
Communist Yugoslavia: 1 million people murdered 1944-1987
Anti_Christian Mexican Revolution: 1.4 million people murdered 1900-1920
Turkey: 1.8 million people murdered 1900-1918
Pakistan: 1.5 million people murdered 1958-1987
Japan: 5.9 million people murdered 1936-1945

And here are some more:
content.usatoday.com...

Those are complex topics.

Anyway why talk about history? We all know that religious people have been persecuted and killed throughout history.

We are talking about TODAY HERE in America.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
well its been a real interesting day,

I think I will go now.

Cliff anyone?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Sorry if you're feeling picked-on. I'll try my best to add my two cents gently.

The link in your OP says that "Christianophobes are mostly white, wealthy, well-educated and non-religious." I don't fit that description, except that I'm white. I'm religious, poor, and not well educated unless graduating High school counts as that.

In fact I do consider myself Christian. Most Christians wouldn't, though. They offend me presuming to judge me and exclude me. So if I am hostile toward most Christians, it's not that I want them eaten by lions. It's that I want to smack some sense into them. The Christian-on-the-street deserves to be smacked. By me.

Plus, Christians brought it on themselves. If Protestants weren't so damn paranoid about "paganism" and weren't so damn polemical, this monster they created called 'science' wouldn't be running amock.

👣

edit on 979FridayuAmerica/ChicagoJanuFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: c

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Anyway why talk about history? We all know that religious people have been persecuted and killed throughout history.

We are talking about TODAY HERE in America.

American Christians do not know what persecution is. So history is relied upon to define it. Though, ask a Chinese Christian, or a North Korean Christian. They can tell you what persecution is.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: TzarChasm
Trolls. There's one on every thread. You are a very fine example. Nothing of significance to add, being deliberately antagonistic, trying to get a rise no matter what..........

How's it working out for ya?

humor for the sake of easing an already hostile discussion. i know more than one christian who would get a chuckle out of this. and people who live under bridges really arent so bad. ive met them.

Good for you. Is that happening on this thread? Not seeing the lolz.

of course not, because karma is in action.

i have a great smoothie recipe if life is giving you lemons instead of peaches this time around.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

During the Communist era in the USSR religion was frowned upon. All religions. That didn't really stop people from believing privately though. Until they can read what's in a person's heart and mind and soul, nothing really will ever be able to shake true faith.

I think China now recognizes a few (maybe five or six?) religions, but the party is still atheist, which may be a fancy way of saying secular. Here's my thing. All religions live within the framework of a secular society inherently designed to accommodate the commonalities, like the Golden Rule you mentioned earlier, and to respect the differences.

I'm also on the fence about calling a secular government atheist. Is that an accurate thing to do?

As with anything, it's really only the extremists who cause the real issues. And they are so in the minority that it isn't even funny and makes threads like this seem so ridiculous to me. If all you read and focus on are the extremes you really do start to believe everyone is out to get you.
edit on 1/30/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join