It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

OR he was an old time cult leader practicing "magic tricks" to fool his followers into believing that he could heal the sick or walk on water. Kind of like what televangelists do today. Who knows though? The only sources we have on the man are heavily biased.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Jesus would be the ultimate liberal hippy if he walked the Earth today, not some fear mongering conservative mega-church pastor.

I often wonder what the character of Jesus would think if he was transported to today's times. I think he'd take a look around and cry at what his name has been turned into.

Funny how Jesus spent more time with the poor, unclean, and wanting than he did with the rich. Then you take a look at the mega churches. When do you think the last time one of those pastors were down at the food kitchen.

You would be surprised how much churches do for the poor, more than any other organization.

I live in the inner city near three food pantries and the salvation army breadline.

All in churches, when they are gone, good luck, are you going to fill their shoes?
edit on 033131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I went through this thread and I saw no examples of persecutions unless I missed it?

If you claim that Christians are being persecuted, then show examples.

And why do some Christians care what others think of them? So some people hate them. BIG DEAL. They aren't bothering anyone.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just another article, kinda about the OP article.

Sociologists at the University of North Texas are issuing a cautionary warning to Christians noting that, though there isn’t widespread “Christianophonia” in the U.S., the small group of those who have a strong aversion to conservative believers are among the influential and elite.

Does that about wrap up what the study was? Small group. Among.

He said that there are important distinctions to be made when analyzing the demographics of those who have Christianophonia and who, as a result, see believers as being backward, child-like and barriers to progress, telling the Christian Post that, while there are more people who are hostile toward atheists than Christians, those who oppose the latter group tend to be highly educated.

[Source]

Man did this thread derail or what?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Like I said, I grew up in the church. I've volunteered with an orginazation called convoy of hope. I've been there done that. I know first hand the help that churches provide. My point was jab at those whom get up there and preach every morning, but do nothing themselves.

Lead by example.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Most of those churches are now Arab-Christian churches, run by Arabs, not typically American missionaries any longer, as they are not traveling to the Middle East in the numbers they have previously.

Thank you for reminding me of that. There are a lot of "homegrown" Christians there. And it illustrates the number one reason we should be hell-bent on keeping our country under secular law, that protects religious freedom, and not allowing a Theocracy. A lot of the politicians on the right are so entrenched in this Christian extremism of the right wing, that it's pretty clear where this country's going if it's allowed to continue.
A good start would be removing the words "In God We Trust" from U.S. money and "Under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. These were added during the Cold War and are an affront to the U.S. assertion of separation of church and state.

Probably should get any statues or plaques featuring the Ten Commandments out of any courthouses or government buildings while we are at it.

Adding onto this post: Throw in any non-violent crime. Literally EVERY crime that is non-violent can traces its roots back to Christian temperance movements. Drugs, alcohol, prostitution, gambling, etc. The reason that they are illegal is because CHRISTIANS didn't like other people doing those activities.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Jesus would be the ultimate liberal hippy if he walked the Earth today, not some fear mongering conservative mega-church pastor.

I often wonder what the character of Jesus would think if he was transported to today's times. I think he'd take a look around and cry at what his name has been turned into.

Funny how Jesus spent more time with the poor, unclean, and wanting than he did with the rich. Then you take a look at the mega churches. When do you think the last time one of those pastors were down at the food kitchen.

You would be surprised how much churches do for the poor, more than any other organization.

I live in the inner city near three food pantries and the salvation army breadline.

All in churches, when they are gone, good luck, are you going to fill their shoes?

You would be surprised how many Humanist, Atheist, non-religious charity organizations there are.

Let's say Atheists did have a building in the inner city. That they organized in a group to serve the community.

Who's going to be the first to attack them --- claiming they are a church and organized belief system?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Is this a threat? Looks like it!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
John 13:34 KJV A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Matthew 5:7 KJV Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

You know you really don't have to be a Christian to follow these precepts.

Practice what you preach goes both ways.

A little less stone throwing and self-righteousness.
edit on 033131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This a reply to: dukeofjive696969

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Is this a threat? Looks like it!

exactly what i was talking about. but nooooo, no TRUE christian would ever do that.

remember folks, they only have to pretend to get away with it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
John 13:34 KJV A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Matthew 5:7 KJV Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

You know you really don't have to be a Christian to follow these precepts.

Practice what you preach goes both ways.

A little less stone throwing and self-righteousness.
I'm by no mean a christian, but I follow the "Golden Rule". It's just common sense. I didn't need religion to give me my morality, but religion is an excellent moral compass for some who may otherwise stray into the path of selfishness. I have no hate for the good christians out there. It's loud, obnoxious, fundamentalist ones I take issue with.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with this. Jesus would have been thrilled to officiate at the marriage of two gay people who loved each other and wanted to commit to each other and raise a family. He would say to not turn away the illegal children who risked their lives coming here - no matter how or why they came here - He would say clothe them, feed them, give them sanctuary. He would say not to hate or shun the peaceful Muslims for what the terrorists were doing. He would fight against animal cruelty with the inhumane raising/slaughtering of our animal food sources. He wouldn't care much about money or debt - he would care about how people and the planet were being treated.

If Jesus came back, he would probably be crucified again for his beliefs.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I'm sorry about your experience. We are suppose to ask questions! That's how we learn.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

If Jesus came back, he would probably be crucified again for his beliefs.

Maybe if he came back in the third world. If he came back in the 1st world, namely America, he'd be in for a fate FAR worse than crucifixion. Getting nailed day and night by the talking pundits (probably starting with them denying his works), he'd be drug through the gutter mercilessly (probably called things like unamerican or a terrorist sympathizer), deaths threats would abound, and it would ALL be by the people claiming to be his followers.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ha - Jesusophobia.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If Jesus came back today, he'd take one look around, pick up a phone, dial a special number then say "Dad, I wanna go home."

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
well if love isn't the answer then this, Christians killed by atheist

- USSR: 61 million people murdered 1917-1987
Communist China: 35.2 million people murdered 1949-present
Mao's army: 3.4 million people murdered 1923-1949
Nazi Germany: 20 million people murdered 1932-1945
Communist Poland: 1.6 million people murdered 1945-1948
Communist Cambodia: 2 million people murdered 1975-1979
Communist Vietnam: 1.6 million people murdered 1945-1975
Communist Yugoslavia: 1 million people murdered 1944-1987
Anti_Christian Mexican Revolution: 1.4 million people murdered 1900-1920
Turkey: 1.8 million people murdered 1900-1918
Pakistan: 1.5 million people murdered 1958-1987
Japan: 5.9 million people murdered 1936-1945

And here are some more:
content.usatoday.com...
edit on 043131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

nah, i imagine he'd be something like this...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh, come now Stormdancer, you and I both know we had it coming because they know horrible Christians or Crusades or something ...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join