It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins Reads His Fan (hate) Mail -HAHA!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've always liked Dawkins. I'm not an atheist myself, but his satirical approach in debate has always entertained me. The video below shows himself reading all the lovely emails he recieved from "religious fundamentalists"

"The following video contains excerpts of fan mail recieved by Evolutionary Biologist Richard Dawkins.

Because most of the letters were written by Religious Fundamentalist, viewer discretion is advised."

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
That is the funniest stuff I've seen all day. Keep up the good work you magnificent f#ckity-f#cker.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

That was great! lol thanks for posting it gave me a good laugh

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Great laughs.

How very christian of some of them...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
eheh it's just fun to watch people read hate mail.
But the one towards the end, about him getting cancer, you could tell that kinda hit hard.
It's insane how vile people can be just because you disagree with them

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Some good stuff right there!

I am sure jesus would of said the same things...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

thats terrible a christain should never say those things .

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

It is unfair to call these people who write such things "religious fundamentalists" as they are obviously ignorant of the actual fundamentals of religious practice or attitudes, such as:

"Turn the other cheek."

"Those who call their brothers 'empty headed' are themselves at risk of judgement."

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

There are thousands of proverbs and laws that are fundamental to every religion, and that these people ignore.

Good to see that even in the face of such vilification, Dawkins remains polite and light hearted.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is why ATS has terms and conditions and fine moderators, without which, it'd be pretty much the same insults directed at the atheists here.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well, at least Christian "fundamentalists" keep their protests to words and we can all laugh at it all.

Regards

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
How does he get blamed for the riots? That's even stranger than some of the other hate.

Anyway, the background music was great with that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Oh, we get the same treatment, just not in such descriptive terms.

Off Topic - I Want That Fish Tank!! It would go well with my other 2.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
OMG! LOL! That was funny! Now I want to see the previous one. I'm going to be sharing this one.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
This is why ATS has terms and conditions and fine moderators, without which, it'd be pretty much the same insults directed at the atheists here.

Seriously. That is why there is a revolving door of Creationists who come through this website. They come in, post the same lies and information as the previous crop of Creationists, get upset when called out on their bs, then start hurling insults and end up banned. A few months later, enter the new crop.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Pretty funny. He takes it with a grain of salt, which is good.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Seriously. That is why there is a revolving door of Creationists who come through this website. They come in, post the same lies and information as the previous crop of Creationists, get upset when called out on their bs, then start hurling insults and end up banned. A few months later, enter the new crop.

Except me, I have never been banned.

Did I ever hurl personal insults at you? Nope. Have you ever hurled personal insults at Creationists? Probably.

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

how was that post even aimed at you? how does that even pertain to you?
second line?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I do not like Dawkins since I think he is an arrogant person trapped in his own view that he cannot see beyond.

That do not mean that the people who hate him that are equally trapped in their own view hating Dawkins are correct.

From my own point of view Jesus, Buddha and Nanak would look at the works and not the view to see what a soul have done and equally look at themselves in the same way to measure themselves. Dawkins from my point of view see spirituality, telepathy and synchronicity as people having illusions when reality is quite different.

This video is a perfect example on how Dawkins is negative about all spirituality even when it tries to create a model that can give scientific proof of the claims. We should question yes but when they can prove things then we should change our models. And the only way to see what happens is to measure every part of the body and what happens on high resolution scale. Saying it does not work without making a true effort to really measure is bad science.

But maybe I should not say anything that is counter Dawkins view since I am one of those who suffer under the illusion that kundalini, chi, light in fact is a real thing that you can experience in your body and that there is something to the theory of chakras even if I think of it as a starting theory that needs more work.

Quantum probability fields in quantum mechanics and synchronicity. How hard is it to see the connection when you have realized that they both exists around us?

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)
edit on 30-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
a reply to: WarminIndy

how was that post even aimed at you? how does that even pertain to you?
second line?

I was replying to Krazyshot, thank you.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t Seriously. That is why there is a revolving door of Creationists who come through this website. They come in, post the same lies and information as the previous crop of Creationists, get upset when called out on their bs, then start hurling insults and end up banned. A few months later, enter the new crop.

See, Krazyshot is in that comment, to whom I replied.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I do not like Dawkins since I think he is an arrogant person trapped in his own view that he cannot see beyond.

That do not mean that the people who hate him that are equally trapped in their own view hating Dawkins are correct.

From my own point of view Jesus, Buddha and Nanak would look at the works and not the view to see what a soul have done and equally look at themselves in the same way to measure themselves. Dawkins from my point of view see spirituality, telepathy and synchronicity as people having illusions when reality is quite different.

This video is a perfect example on how Dawkins is negative about all spirituality even when it tries to create a model that can give scientific proof of the claims. We should question yes but when they can prove things then we should change our models. And the only way to see what happens is to measure every part of the body and what happens on high resolution scale. Saying it does not work without making a true effort to really measure is bad science.

But maybe I should not say anything that is counter Dawkins view since I am one of those who suffer under the illusion that kundalini, chi, light in fact is a real thing that you can experience in your body and that there is something to the theory of chakras even if I think of it as a starting theory that needs more work.

Quantum probability fields in quantum mechanics and synchronicity. How hard is it to see the connection when you have realized that they both exists around us?

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

Funny thing, Dawkins also credited good FORTUNE when giving his life story....

Not even Dawkins can get around giving credit to a mystical process that brought him into existence into his family.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join