It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-vaxxers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

Man, my dislike of antivaxxers has now become loathing.

That is exactly how I feel about people that think these shots are totally safe. The Government (who is filled with ex-big pharma execs) would never lie?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

They want you to live longer, really, they honestly do.
They don't care if you are healthy, for profits sake they would prefer you were sick so they can sell you more meds.

Anything the Government pushes this hard and the MSM hypes like they do vaccines, I look at very closely, and then usually walk away from it.

Some Vaccines are excellent and work great, others, not so much.
All medicines have "side effects".
Do your due diligence and research the vaccines they want to give you.

As for child vaccines, I see no reason in the world for a child to receive 35 vaccinations in one month, spread them out over a year at least.

I never had the chicken pox vaccine but I did have a strong case of the chicken pox, so I am no longer susceptible to it.

I don't get flu shots and I haven't had the flu in over 25 years.

Last point.
If you hate antivaxxers so much, you must really hate the illegal immigrants because you can bet they weren't vaccinated at the boarder.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I don't get the vaccines, but it's by choice now. I did have my boosters as a kid, although I'm sure my parents were debating if dragging me out from under a table was worth me getting them (they found that the ice-cream bribe didn't work on me).

Now, before anyone accuses me of spreading diseases around, I'll say this: I work in tech, so if even so much as sniffle, I will work from home and isolate myself from everyone else; and stay put until whatever is in my system has run its course. Now, I'm a bit unique in that I can do everything from the comfort of my recliner, I know most can't.

My opinion is a grey area - If you are an adult, then obviously the choice is yours. But if you are in charge of a kid, there are some things you should at least get the shot for (Measles, and whatever the other ones they typically give out). I don't think I got the flu shots when I was little, and I'm obviously still here...But you might want to consider them if you get sick easily.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Personal hygiene is great, but we have very little control over the environment outside our homes. I've done communicable disease outbreak investigations at places where all the proper control measures are in place and they still happened. The problem is that for every person out there that is aware of how to take preventative measures there are scores that either don't know or don't care even in medical facilities. Those are the people that will get you sick and no amount of personal hygiene can stop it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

i don't think people are against vaccines. we all know they are effective in preventing some horrible illnesses. as i understand it, there are some vaccines that have stuff like mercury in them. it's the items added that have nothing to do with illness prevention that people are concerned with. at least the anti vaccine people i talk to. that is a reasonable argument. to ask that there not be any added and unnecessary chemicals to a vaccine seems reasonable to me.

i'm not a chemist so i can not speak to the validity of the claim the vaccines have added material in them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

See, you're wrong on your premise--the bulk of diseases prevented by standard vaccines have a statistical chance of dying from them in the U.S. that would be normally considered an anomaly, it's so low.

So, no, people who choose what they do and do not want in their body or bodies under their legal guardianship are not choosing death over vaccination. There are many reasons some people don't choose to vaccinate themselves or their children. Your post is ignorant to the majority of them. Causing autism is only one of myriad reason why not to inject something into yourself that you don't know what's in it and that was approved by the federal gov't as "safe."

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster

Go ahead, I'll wait. I mean, I'll probably die while waiting, but at least I won't die from a preventable disease.

How ironic that you claim you will "probably die waiting" for my response, which wasnt slow in coming at all.
I provided undeniable evidence of government colluding with a pharmaceutical company to give the public a known harmful vaccine.
What response do I get in return?... crickets.
I hate hypocrites.

I dont know what has happened around here, but in the last week Ive been called a jew hater, a woman hater and a nazi fantasist. All without a single shred of evidence to back up the claims. I thought this site was about facts, not unsubstantiated accusations.
I think its time to bring back the old slogan, because ignorance is running rampant. People make baseless accusations then disappear.

For the record, I have had measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, whooping cough. All that before the age of ten and low and behold, Im still here, no damage.
Of course the diseases have a risk of damage, but then so does injecting babies 10's of viruses before the age of 6..
All I know is, Im fine, as is everyone else I know who wasnt vaccinated. Whereas my daughter had a vaccine and now has a mental disorder which seemed to come on after the MMR vaccine. But hey, I must just be another "anti vaxxer" with nothing of value to add to any conversation regarding vaccination. Except some FACTS of course.

edit on 20151America/Chicago01pm1pmThu, 29 Jan 2015 14:31:30 -06000115 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Brotherman

There is a link between people that drink water and autistic children too. LOL

I think the notion is silly too SnF

Yea, but you'll note there's no connection between Beer drinking and autistic children! So there's the answer.. drink more BEER!

Beer is the answer but I forgot the question. Lol

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
Personal hygiene is great, but we have very little control over the environment outside our homes. I've done communicable disease outbreak investigations at places where all the proper control measures are in place and they still happened. The problem is that for every person out there that is aware of how to take preventative measures there are scores that either don't know or don't care even in medical facilities. Those are the people that will get you sick and no amount of personal hygiene can stop it.

I would be interested in hearing about some of these investigations, especially regarding the diseases being investigated and the ultimate fatality/sickness and contraction rates including location.

And maybe you will be able to help me better understand why ebola, the scourge of last year, which was supposed to infect the world, just hasnt. I suspected last year when the "scare" first broke that we were being played, time has proven me to be correct. Why were the so called "experts" scaring us?
Like the "experts" that never saw the financial crisis of 2008 coming.
Forgive me if Im dubious of so called "experts". But as GW once tried to say...
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

I'm afraid I have no shocking numbers for you. The communicable diseases I would normally deal with are shigella, norovirus, salmonella, and vibrio. Vibrio is probably the worst of them and there are not many fatalities here annually. The last I recall was from shellfish and the person was both elderly and suffering from liver failure before getting sick. The kinds of things I dealt with were all pretty much a nuisance illness unless the person infected had risk factors like immune system problems, very young, or very old. It just so happened that those were the populations I dealt with. Ultimately the principles of communicable disease transmission are the same and the variables are all in the disease itself (transmission types, how contagious it is, how much of it is needed to cause illness, optimal conditions for the specific pathogen, and things like that).

I would say that just because ebola didn't have a wider impact doesn't mean it couldn't have or that it will not in the future. There are way too many variables to be able to say with any certainty that any disease is definitely going to spread and where it will spread to. As travel gets easier and the global community gets smaller these diseases have greater range than ever before. All it takes is a few variables going the wrong way and you could have a real mess.

I don't know how you feel you were played except by the media. The biggest problem with Ebola in Africa was a lack of medical facilities. Experts will be scaring you as long as scary media reports get viewership for news outlets. If you looked at fact sheets from the CDC www.cdc.gov... I don't believe they seem to be trying to scare you. The department I worked for created fact sheets available locally specifically to calm people down because the media was hyping this as an end of times scenario. I wasn't running around in a biohazard suit, but I sure as hell would not have gone to any location that I knew had Ebola patients or the countries in which it was spreading. I also would not have taken a vaccination if it was available to me. There was no immediate need to.

I would say the legitimate medical community overreacted to H1N1 in 2009 far more than it did to Ebola. I was part of the vaccine administration team in a large metro area and it was really annoying how much they were pushing for everybody in the risk groups to get the vaccination. I didn't. I would not have advised anyone in my family to get it. That was a dog and pony show and the manufacturers raked in the money. Demand was spiked at the very outset, but declined rapidly... but they still kept pumping out those government sponsored vials.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

i have a 12 yr old son who is autistic and i think it did come from the vaccinations he got when he was born and robert kennedy jr does too .sen robert kenndy jr is the only politicain i know who is openly talking about this subject and having his own scientist study it . And let me tell you i was offended by such a bold statement and i can handle any insults you throw at me in fact i post stuff about god on here just to see the hate backlash i get in return.
But to say oh well even if they do cause autism the shots i mean it is better to give them the shots instead of dead child .
well who is to say they will die without vaccines millions of kids live every day without them and millions of kids die withoout them. How about we just want healthy children and the way you posted this i can tell you have no children to say ill risk them having autism as apposed to getting measles or chicken pox or death lol how arrogant i can tell you have never had to deal with an autistic person let alone some one with sever autism .
There is an old saying (sometimes it is better to just let everyone think you are a fool rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt). But smile its friday

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

While I think introduction of anything foreign into our bodies is less than ideal I think that the autism truth may not be simply vaccinations can cause autism. What we've been learning over the past several decades is that things like pesticides and industrial pollution persist in the environment for a very long time. Unfortunately many of these toxins are only studied as a single factor when considering if it is carcinogenic, mutagenic, etc. and that only tells a very small part of the story. We're now seeing that these toxins have synergistic effects when all pooled together in our bodies even in tiny quantities. I think that eventually there may be a link discovered between environmental toxins and conditions like autism, asthma, and many others.

I also think it's very difficult to conclusively find a link in the rise of a condition like autism because it is a very new term for a condition that likely existed long before it was ever discovered. There was a time when all people that were not "normal" were just under one single umbrella.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Ksihkehe because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Thank you very much for the concise reply. I really wasnt looking for shocking statistics, I just wanted some information from someone that actually knows what they are talking about. You provided it. You are not as biased as I first thought, and I honestly cannot contest anything you have said.
I think I misspoke when saying that "hygiene" was the be all and end all of avoiding disease. Of course it isnt, but it certainly does go a long way in preventing the spread of diseases.
It seemed to me from your previous post that you were blaming MRSA on ignorant people that just dont care, when really its caused by cut backs and poor cleaning in hospitals.
I had you figured all wrong, thanks for clarifying your position.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Hygiene is absolutely the first and most important line of defense. A substantial effort was put forth during H1N1 to stress the basics. My car was full of fact sheets that got dropped at child care facilities and assisted living centers. I did mean that people that are either ignorant, lazy, or apathetic will get you sick though. In the case of MRSA you mention only about 3% of the population are carriers, but up to 30% carry regular staph. Staph gets introduced into a hospital constantly every day even if only a very small percentage of carriers don't maintain proper hygiene. The next thing you know you have a new strain of MRSA. Communicable disease is really fascinating to study.

<< 1  2   >>

join