It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-vaxxers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's easy to talk a big fight. But when your looking down into the eyes of a beautiful six month old baby that is ready for its first round of shot. You need to be ready to decide how your going to roll the dice. Take the shots that are proven to stop or reduce diseases like polio or take the risk of autism that have not been proven to cause autism. That is the true litmus test of how you feel.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I personally choose not get vaccines now I am an adult and a free man. I don't refute the science either, it is a choice for me. What you said though makes an awful lot of sense, in that same scenario, it would be a hard desicion to make and it has nothing to do with autism, or vaccine side effects. Basically I really respect what you said in your last post.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the problem is - IMHO that " anti vaccination proponents " are utterly scientifically illiterate

this is not an " admission " or " " slip " - but doctors and other proffessionals have NEVER claimed that vaccines are 100% effective or safe .

now let that sink in for a while

then consider that - while tragic - the deaths and disabilities caused by vaccines pale into insignificance against the ravages of vaccine preventable deseieses in an unprotected population

it may suck if your child dies or is dasabled by a vaccine reaction - but it happens to lest than 10 vaccine ricipients in ach million vaccinated - the deseises protected agains - kill 1000 in ever million unvaccinated

it takes a special kind of idiot to be " scared of vaccines "

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster

However you can run around claiming that it's all a big lie, that big pharma is only out to get you (really, they only want your money) and that vaccinations are the devil, that's fine - but until you can show numbers that show vaccinations have DIRECTLY caused more deaths than the diseases they prevent...you're full of hot air. Hell, I'll even let you pad your numbers with illnesses. The number of deaths and illnesses DIRECTLY linkable to vaccination.

Go ahead, I'll wait. I mean, I'll probably die while waiting, but at least I won't die from a preventable disease.

OK, cue hot air.

I didnt make anything up, its all proven, its in the public record. The UK government paid for what had already proven to be harmful vaccine, because it was the cheaper version. The manufacturer Smithkline didnt want to risk prosecution, so the UK government protected Smithkline from prosecution, they then unleashed the vaccination on the unsuspecting public and childrens lives were destroyed. Until it was banned and then sold to the third world.

Following the debate over MMR and its alleged link with autism, government documents just released under the Freedom of Information Act show there was another, earlier concern for which there was more evidence and, apparently, more immediate risk. Whitehall experts knew of it before MMR's mass introduction into Britain, but the public was kept in ignorance.
Katie's symptoms were consistent with those of encephalitis, which can cause brain damage or even death. Her mother Wendy, a former psychiatric nurse, is convinced that the first variant of MMR used in Britain is responsible.

The newly released documents include the minutes of a meeting of 15 experts and officials held in February 1988. According to the minutes, the group "read a report of cases of mumps encephalitis which had been associated with MMR vaccine containing the Urabe strain of the mumps virus. The Canadian authorities had suspended the licences of MMR vaccines containing the Urabe strain."

The group "expressed concern" about giving triple vaccines to children with a personal or family history of convulsions. Nevertheless, the British immunisation programme involving Urabe MMR went ahead in 1988.
Toby Stewart of west London was one of the children given it. He soon developed encephalitis-type symptoms and was left with what his father Andy, a business consultant, describes as "low-scale brain damage". Mr Stewart believes his son was the victim of cost-cutting - Urabe MMR being cheaper than MMR2.

Source - The Telegraph

Vaccinations given in their multitudes to very young children at a vital stage in life is NOT A GOOD THING.
Giving many live viruses to babies all at once, babies that may not even face the said "disease" until they have built up some sort of immune system. And doing so deliberately, knowing there are serious risks, well what more can I say?

But like I said, "Medicine is not snake oil salesmen by a new name"
"My government loves me, and I love my government".
No elitist has ever said anything about "Eugenics". Its a conspiracy theory.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I don't get flu shots either, so I'm with ya...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I dont do annuals but I do get my daily and weekly shots in. Usually the Daniels or the whistlepig blend. Seems to keep the mind sane, soul not so bad, and the body well comfortably numb.

one for you
one for me

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Our daughter got all the vaccinations EXCEPT no on the Gardasil. Not a chance on that! We also skip the annual flu shots. I can't take them anymore and my daughter would get sick each and every time she got it ... so no more.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

We've still yet to see any real definitive evidence that vaccinations cause other illness or failures in a normal, healthy, child. We've learned there can be complications in health if there were pre-existing conditions, and we should continue to investigate and demonstrate due diligence on something so important, but thus far there's nothing solid.

So basically what your saying is that you are willing to let your child be a test subject for a drug that has proven serious side effects to people with a certain biological variable that could not possibly be known until after the side effects have kicked in?

That is absolutely disgusting and I feel people like you should have their children taken away from them

Im just messing with ya,I personally think your damned if you do ( while the effects of the diseases themselves may be more severe risk of autism or other serious side effects are higher than getting the diseases themselves)
and your damned if you dont (what if you are really REALLY unlucky and your kid does catch an easily preventable disease)

Im personally on the fence and Ill decide if my child is vaccinated or not when the time comes, at this stage as a non parent Im gonna have to go with no I wont get them vaxxed

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Man, my dislike of antivaxxers has now become loathing.

Right now, I'm not pro or anti vaccine, but those on the extreme ends of this ongoing debate are all blinding themselves in my opinion. You loathe "antivaxxers", and they loathe you. So you both just close your mind to anything that doesn't confirm your bias. Sounds logical.

edit on 1/28/2015 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: OneManArmy

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: OneManArmy
Yes because vaccines have never harmed anyone in the history of mankind.
Monsanto cares about you, and so does your government.
Now take these pills and everything will be better in the morning.

Neither has polio or smallpox.....oh wait

Or even the urabe MMR vaccine.
It was so safe they banned it in canada, then sold it in the UK, then banned it in the UK, then they sold it to Brazil and India.
All in the interests of "health", money had nothing to do with it. They want you to live longer, really, they honestly do, trust me. Please, trust me. You do trust me dont you?
Did you take the blue pill this morning? A good citizen always takes his blue pill before breakfast.

Now repeat after me 1000 times .."Medicine is NOT a profit driven venture. Because your government loves you, you must love your government."

Just one question for you.
Are your children vaccinated or not?
Mine is...

Yes, I vaccinated all three.
You are right, when you face the choice you just "Do whats right for your child".
My second child has ASD. Its not very severe. But I rolled the dice.
Am I sure MMR is to blame? No. Do I think vaccinations have something to do with the huge rise in allergies, and immune system disorders? Yes.
Do I now think that vaccination is really about health? Not after doing some research, no, not at all.
Personal hygiene and health go hand in hand. Good sanitation and good cleanliness had drastically reduced the cases of measles, long before any measles vaccine was injected into anybody.

Its like the state fire brigade putting out a huge forest fire, then some guy comes along and claims credit for putting out the fire after he pisses on the last burning twig.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think its more about self determination than it is preference for a dead or retarded kid.

by your logic why not just have the government force all vaccines on everyone? or even better just have the state raise all children...

Maybe 49 doses of 14 vaccines before 6 years old is a bit much.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well, technically, there is a third option, your just not told about it.

You can demand your doctor spread the vaccines out more, and not give several at once.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Double post, no idea how I did this????
edit on 28/1/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well it is true that a certain percentage of people who take vaccinations end up sick....look up the anthrax vaccination and everything with that.....the gov is shelling out quite a bit on that stuff.

It comes down to what is worth taking....polio...ya....thats worth the risk....anthrax....no...it wasn't worth the risk. When I was in the army I was getting vaccinated for things I was already vaccinated for with each deployment..but since its just a standard thing no one cared. I bet ive had the vaccine for yellow fever 4 times in my life an dI think that one lasts 10 years.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

In that case, the anti-vaxxer parent is basically saying: "I'd rather my child have the chance of dying to a preventable illness then have the chance of being autistic."

Here's the problem... the vax/antivax argument has very conveniently (and predictably) thrown the selective vaxers into the same category as the militant flat out ANTI-vaccination parents, diluting the selective vax argument in the public eye. I don't have an issue with the Polio vaccine, the MMR vaccine, or even DTaP. My wife and I, however, have rejected getting our children vaccines for normal illnesses which healthy immune systems are intended to combat, such as the flu, and I find that nature has incredibly provided a 100% failsafe natural vaccination to hPv called keep it in your pants, so there is no need to risk infertilizing your daughter just so Rick Perry's Pharma buddies can make a few more bucks.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Injecting squalene is not a good idea, make your own decision, not someone else's.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Well, technically, there is a third option, your just not told about it.

You can demand your doctor spread the vaccines out more, and not give several at once.

This is what we did with our son. My husband and I talked about it and discussed it with our doctor who agreed that our reasoning was sound.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is where we are too. No flu unless there is significant risk associated with the disease or a reason why one of us might need to do our best to avoid the flu that year and hPv is easy enough to avoid if you are smart in your choices.

Some vaccines are not necessary. I also think that up to a certain age, the chicken pox vaccine is unnecessary. It's only after you get so old in life without having it that the virus tends to get really severe.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

But since no one really knows what causes autism, they are foregoing the vaccinations in a more or less ritualistic move trying to stave off something that may or may not have anything to do with the vaccine.

It's like an old wives tale or wearing a fertility charm or something.

OK, so your kid winds up healthy, but for all anyone knows, that may have been the case anyhow because there is no known causal link. And now, you have to wonder if your kid might turn up with measles or polio or mumps or rubella or any of the things you didn't vaccinate against. Odds are they won't, but that's mainly because so many of the rest of us DID and DO vaccinate. But there are enough of you who don't now that the equation is shifting as we can see.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Short rant but I was reading something about antivaxxers yesterday, and they were still clinging to their "vaccinations cause autism" belief. This led to a small ephiphany.

Even though there are plenty of studies showing there is no evidence of a link between autism and vaccinations, let's just pretend there is.

In that case, the anti-vaxxer parent is basically saying: "I'd rather my child have the chance of dying to a preventable illness then have the chance of being autistic."

Or maybe more aptly, "I'd rather have a dead child rather than an autistic child."

Man, my dislike of antivaxxers has now become loathing.

Really, you get to chose what others decide, god complex.

I am against the MMR vaccine, three different poisons administered in to a new born, wake up.

I would rather my child to be older, and receive 1 vaccine at a time over an extended amount of time, but hey, you have spoken so I must obey I guess.

There are plenty of studies showing there is evidence and plenty of doctors who recognise that autism is a possibility.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join