It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-vaxxers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Short rant but I was reading something about antivaxxers yesterday, and they were still clinging to their "vaccinations cause autism" belief. This led to a small ephiphany.

Even though there are plenty of studies showing there is no evidence of a link between autism and vaccinations, let's just pretend there is.

In that case, the anti-vaxxer parent is basically saying: "I'd rather my child have the chance of dying to a preventable illness then have the chance of being autistic."

Or maybe more aptly, "I'd rather have a dead child rather than an autistic child."

Man, my dislike of antivaxxers has now become loathing.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yes because vaccines have never harmed anyone in the history of mankind.
Monsanto cares about you, and so does your government.
Now take these pills and everything will be better in the morning.
edit on 20151America/Chicago01pm1pmWed, 28 Jan 2015 14:07:34 -06000115 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

I know what you mean. I'm divided when it comes to vaccines. They help, prevent the mass illnesses of the past but in my experience I do think the vaccine I got as a baby exacerbated my symptoms. Caused it no? But I think it might've done something to me that made the onset arrive earlier. I'm not a doctor and like everyone else I don't have all the facts. I just have personal experiences which is more than what a lot of anti-vaccine fans have. Just imo.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Why does Pharma have 100% legal immunity and a taxpayer sponsored secret court to pay judgement to those damaged by "autism-like side e

Vaccine injury court awards for autsm like symptoms

What's more, these cases fit the pattern of other petitions, (i.e., Poling and Banks) in which the court ruled (or the government conceded) that vaccines had caused encephalopathy, which in turn produced permanent injury, including symptoms of autism and ultimately an ASD diagnosis.
ffects"?
edit on 28-1-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

Neither has polio or smallpox.....oh wait

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Probably because no matter how safe a vaccine is there is always the chance it will provoke a severe reaction in the recipient.

You cannot ever rule it out entirely. But every medication of any kind you use has the chance of doing that. The government protects the vaccine manufacturers in these cases because the government has laws that make vaccines mandatory so people cannot avoid them quite like they can other medications.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

They were awarded damaged based on known side effects.

None of that states that the vaccines themselves caused Autism.

The reason they have immunity is so that stupid people, don't sue them over idiotic things like we see out of the Anti-Vaxx folk.

So they set up special courts to deal with legitimate cases. Which apparently work, since they had them pay out.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Or even the urabe MMR vaccine.
It was so safe they banned it in canada, then sold it in the UK, then banned it in the UK, then they sold it to Brazil and India.
All in the interests of "health", money had nothing to do with it. They want you to live longer, really, they honestly do, trust me. Please, trust me. You do trust me dont you?
Did you take the blue pill this morning? A good citizen always takes his blue pill before breakfast.

Now repeat after me 1000 times .."Medicine is NOT a profit driven venture. Because your government loves you, you must love your government."

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Didn't the pharmaceutical companies engender this type of thinking with their lies, corruption and placing profit above the health of citizens taking their drugs?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster
Short rant but I was reading something about antivaxxers yesterday, and they were still clinging to their "vaccinations cause autism" belief. This led to a small ephiphany.

Even though there are plenty of studies showing there is no evidence of a link between autism and vaccinations, let's just pretend there is.

In that case, the anti-vaxxer parent is basically saying: "I'd rather my child have the chance of dying to a preventable illness then have the chance of being autistic."

Or maybe more aptly, "I'd rather have a dead child rather than an autistic child."

Uh...I'm confused I guess, but...if your kid isn't affected, why in the world would you care?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Or even the urabe MMR vaccine.
It was so safe they banned it in canada, then sold it in the UK, then banned it in the UK, then they sold it to Brazil and India.
All in the interests of "health", money had nothing to do with it. They want you to live longer, really, they honestly do, trust me. Please, trust me. You do trust me dont you?
Did you take the blue pill this morning? A good citizen always takes his blue pill before breakfast.

Now repeat after me 1000 times .."Medicine is NOT a profit driven venture. Because your government loves you, you must love your government."

Just one question for you.
Are your children vaccinated or not?
Mine is...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Could you sound more paranoid-anti-sheep indoctrinated?

Everyone should always do their due diligence in researching medication. Possible side effects, and make your decision from there. Trying to lump every medication out there under the same category and then going off about how it's all a government scheme doesn't show much critical thinking.

However you can run around claiming that it's all a big lie, that big pharma is only out to get you (really, they only want your money) and that vaccinations are the devil, that's fine - but until you can show numbers that show vaccinations have DIRECTLY caused more deaths than the diseases they prevent...you're full of hot air. Hell, I'll even let you pad your numbers with illnesses. The number of deaths and illnesses DIRECTLY linkable to vaccination.

Go ahead, I'll wait. I mean, I'll probably die while waiting, but at least I won't die from a preventable disease.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You're right. I shouldn't care about anything that doesn't directly effect me. That's the way to live, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster

Uh...I'm confused I guess, but...if your kid isn't affected, why in the world would you care?

Do you even have to be a parent to be concerned about kids whose lives are destroyed when vaccinations do go wrong?
I thought that was just a natural human response. Obviously not.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You know the thing is I'd definitely agree that continued review of our existing vaccinations should happen. We should always be willing to reevaluate what we use on ourselves with the light of new sciences.

But what gets me about the determined anti-vaxxer crowd, and what caused me to post this, is they are rationalizing their decision in such a way that it always comes down to:

"I think it might cause some other problem! So I'm not going to get it. I'm going to trade the option of definitely immunizing my child to a terrible illness, on the presumption they won't get some other illness and it'll all work out."

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Talk about twisting someones meaning out of all reason and proportion.

I think the anti vaxx parents might be saying

"id rather have a definitely healthy child than give them a potentially risky drug for a disease that they have very little chance of contracting"

But then again maybe your right when you basically say these parents hate their kids and Autism so much that they want them and all autistic children to die

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

There is a link between people that drink water and autistic children too. LOL

I think the notion is silly too SnF

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Talk about twisting someones meaning out of all reason and proportion.

I think the anti vaxx parents might be saying

"id rather have a definitely healthy child than give them a potentially risky drug for a disease that they have very little chance of contracting"

But then again maybe your right when you basically say these parents hate their kids and Autism so much that they want them and all autistic children to die

A valid point, I -am- twisting it to a large degree, because their logic is; in some literal ways, fatally flawed.

"Id rather have a definitely healthy child..." Except that it isn't definite, because they are opting to forgo immunization against some terrible diseases.

"Potentially risky..." We've still yet to see any real definitive evidence that vaccinations cause other illness or failures in a normal, healthy, child. We've learned there can be complications in health if there were pre-existing conditions, and we should continue to investigate and demonstrate due diligence on something so important, but thus far there's nothing solid.

"...very little chance of contracting." The only reason they have little chance of contracting it....is because the vast majority of people around them are...ding ding ding, vaccinated! Look at every outbreak we are having right now. It's invariably in a group of people started by someone unvaccinated, and then picked up by more unvaccinated people, including adults who haven't kept up with their shots.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well, it's alright to care I suppose, as in "Ta, Ta, such a shame" but I mean...unless you're fabulously wealthy and have nothing else to worry about, I guess it makes sense to obsesses on this topic. Otherwise, assuming your talking about people you don't know and never will, seems to me there's far more pressing issues. For all we know, the antivaxx crowd may be helping to improve the gene pool. Ever heard of Darwin? His science is deemed irrefutable.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

There is a link between people that drink water and autistic children too. LOL

I think the notion is silly too SnF

Yea, but you'll note there's no connection between Beer drinking and autistic children! So there's the answer.. drink more BEER!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join