It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

Thank you. I was reading along, waiting to see if anyone picked up the complete silence from the so called bigfoot.

The damned thing shakes a tree at one point. There should be some sound associated with that, more so since it was so eerily quiet throughout the video.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mulder85

Could be a vine

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
a reply to: MrWendal

Thank you. I was reading along, waiting to see if anyone picked up the complete silence from the so called bigfoot.

The damned thing shakes a tree at one point. There should be some sound associated with that, more so since it was so eerily quiet throughout the video.

If you are wearing headphones and turn it up you can hear it. Another poster said earlier that they thought it likely this was a GoPro type of helmet cam, and at a distance they don't necessarily have the best quality audio.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Has anyone thought to see if the female park ranger can at least corroborate that part of his story about being shown the video? Cant be that hard to track her down. If hes lying about that detail well....

Didn't think of that...not sure how many female park rangers there are at this particular park, but I would think it would not be too hard to figure out who it was if someone on here was willing to check on that part of the story.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think hes hauling a fish away with him/

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

not worried too much about the camera sway. he IS on a boat which will add a smoother camera shake then if one is standing on land.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

Not necessarily. It depends on the camera's microphone...Microphones have different sound patterns and you do indeed hear it in the background.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think hes hauling a fish away with him/

In truth its the d*ck on that guy for getting in that muck with God knows what to fake a video!

..sorry, had to

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've been an "I want to believe" Bigfoot kind of guy for most of my life, reading everything I could get my hands on, watching every bit of video, and hiking many Northwestern forests (not necessarily in search of a Sasquatch, but always keeping an eye out). The problem is, there hasn't been enough evidence to make me preach the existence of a bipedal large ape in North America from the top of a mountain yet (with the Patterson video being a slight exception). I certainly believe large apes existed in these areas several thousand years ago and interacted with primitive peoples, but with each passing year, I doubt they survived into the modern age more and more. Most videos are entertaining enough, but are usually so purposefully out of focus or shot so poorly that they can hardly be considered evidence.

This video, however, is one of the best I've ever seen. As a student of zoology, the movements and behaviors of this creature are the most natural I've seen. This is a glimpse of some animal in its natural environment, doing what it does on a normal basis. It's wading in a remote swamp, fishing for food (there's definitely a wriggling snake or eel in its hand), and moving on when it realizes its being watched. And it's not blurry, or overly shaky, or setup poorly. This plays out like a guy in a canoe had a GoPro who happened to see an animal and captured it on video. He didn't overreact, because like he stated, he thought it was just a bear . . . not a skunk ape.

This is awfully compelling and believable video. I understand where all the skeptics are coming from, because usually I'm one myself. But this video has brought be out of the woodworks and I think it demands more attention and investigation.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Interesting video. Very compelling.

I don't know if it's legit or fake, but it was an excellent find to catalog here.

S&F for that and the entertaining debate that has followed in the thread.

CdT

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
Im not going to make an opinion as to what the thing is, however im not convinced that whatever it is, has a tail.
I think what we're seeing is its fur being drawn from the water. When fur gets wet it will naturally gather to a point for the water to drain from it, any sudden movement will then give the fur an almost swooshy appearance and I think its that what we're seeing and mistaking for a tail.
Its definately an interesting clip, all the same.

Or whoever was in the suit stood on a stick and it whipped up out of the water.

I don't know why people keep saying it was a stick...the thing clearly bends and whips in a flexible way.

Like a wet stick then.

...except that a stick getting wet still doesn't make it bend and whip like that...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It does look like some kind of animal, what that animal is though, I don't know.
My problem with these types of videos is that they always seem to be looking through trees and forest. Always that doubt with them. You never really know what you're looking at.
I'm a little sceptical about this one, but I'll keep an open mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
I just wanted to check does he say about at the time he moves the camera to the left
"Lets get out of here someone is coming"? My speakers on my computer are horribly low, but it sounds like he mumbles something ...so there is someone else in the canoe with him.

Either you've got excellent hearing or great speakers. But I think you're right. Well done!
While I couldn't do anything worthwhile with the video itself (the quality from YouTube is very bad) I was able to pull the sound from it and enhance it.

I suggest you (anyone) first listen to the clip and then read on - I don't want to lead the witness...

Make sure to turn up the volume!

A 1.3 MB MP3 file on Google Drive
(If anyone can't get it from there let me know and I can upload it somewhere else as well.)

So, the sound clip is from about 1:03 in the video to 1:22.

First is the entire wave amplified.

Then you'll hear the first "shhh" amplified more.

Then the last part of the clip even more amplified.
First a word I don't recognize. Sounds a bit like "skunks" or "skulks" - makes no sense in context. But it's a pretty deep voice. Followed by a "Let's go" by a different voice followed by a whisper that may very well be "someone's coming". And another "shhh".

Then the same clip cleaned up with some noise filters.

Then the same clip equalizing the waveforms. The loud clunk makes it very hard to hear the second sentence.

Then the same clip amplified a lot more.

The audio doesn't make much sense when you consider the back-story that goes with it. Obviously there is more than one person at the scene whereas the story that goes with the video gives the impression that there was only one person.

To be honest in my minds eye I see two teen boys in a boat filming their buddy in some sort of get-up from some distance when I listen to the audio.

For me the video lost some credibility. What a disappointment. The sound clip is hardly black and white evidence of anything. But still...
edit on 28/1/2015 by Gemwolf because: A last thought

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Nice work. I almost think I hear "stumps". "Lets go" seems pretty clear

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Very interesting. Can definitely hear at least one person talking (a very clear "let's go"). Seems a bit odd if there is only supposed to be one person out there.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

To be fair, although never stating it was him and a friend he never said he was alone either

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why are these shots/videos always so indistinct? Camera phones are at the least of reasonable quality at this range. Real cameras often have a zoom....wazzup?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

But he never mentioned anyone else - except for the Park Ranger.

I was canoeing some of the swamps around Lettuce Lake Park and saw what I thought was a bear. I told a park ranger about it and she said that bears don’t generally get into the swamp and that there were never many sightings in general. I showed her the video and she said she didn’t know what it was. I saw the Fox13 story about the bigfoot a few weeks ago that mayor said Bob Buckhorn made a statement about and thought this might be related in some way. I never put much faith in the old skunk ape legends but when I looked closer I noticed that it had long, swinging arms and moved through very thick swamp with ease. Certainly can’t explain it myself. I didn’t get very close but I hope that this footage can be enlarged. -Matt

If he had someone with him, surely he wouldn't use "I" throughout the story and he might even mention his "friend" to back his story.

If we got to see the entire video clip taken on the day, it would ultimately rule out many, many questions.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

Another member suggested that it may be an "action cam" like a GoPro mounted to a hat/helmet/somewhere on his head, i.e. he wasn't holding the camera in his hands... Which makes sense if you watch the video with that in mind.

*** Shrug ***

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Agreed

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join